PDA

View Full Version : Effect - advantage on saves vs. Poison

Myrdin Potter
October 20th, 2016, 06:34
Can this be done with an effect?

I don't think so, it is not an ability, skill, attack, etc.

kp9911
October 20th, 2016, 07:04
I remember this in the wiki, currently I don't think this is possible. In the wiki there was this example of setting up effects for a dwarf by which they have natural resistance to poison.

One of the abilities granted by our race is Dwarven resilience. This gives us an advantage when we save against poison attacks and resistance to poison damage. We can create an effect to handle the poison resistance. Once again click on the brown button and the then star icon to add a new power. Call this one Dwarven resilience (both boxes). Right click on the new line created, then 'Add Action' then 'Add Effect' and then click the magnifying glass to open the dialog. In the box type RESIST: poison;. Change the 'Targeting' to 'Self'. Leave everything else as it is and close the dialog. Now when the character clicks on the running man icon the effect will be placed on them and Fantasy Grounds will automatically handle the resistance to poison damage. Note that, despite what is shown in the graphic, we can't set up an effect to give us advantage for a poison saving throw. This is largely because there is no such thing as a save vs poison per se in the 5e ruleset.

Myrdin Potter
October 20th, 2016, 07:29
That is how I see it as well, but I have proven time and again that there is always something new that I need to learn with the software.

Zacchaeus
October 20th, 2016, 10:57
Indeed you are correct you can't set up an advantage for a save against a particular condition.

Myrdin Potter
October 20th, 2016, 14:08
I only have 5 more characters to go in my WoTC conversion. Looking forward to lesss questions from me? :-)