PDA

View Full Version : LFP: D&D 5E - Tyranny of Dragons - Sun 5:00 PM GMT

Nemori
October 19th, 2016, 17:08
FG License: Ultimate (you can play my games even with the demo)
Game System: D&D 5E

Day of week and time: Sundays, weekly, around 6:00 PM GMT, we can start a bit later if it fits player schedules better
Duration: Campaign (levels 1-15), sessions are around 4 hours long

Text or Voice: Mostly voice
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Number of Players: 4-5
Character starting level and restrictions: Level 2, 27 point buy or pregens, PHB, SCAG or EE comp (with a few exceptions). 160 GP to buy starting equipment. No evil, lunatics, murderers etc.

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2208

In an audacious bid for power, the Cult of the Dragon, along with its dragon allies and the Red Wizards of Thay, seek to bring Tiamat from her prison in the Nine Hells to Faerūn. To this end, they are sweeping from town to town, laying waste to all those who oppose them and gathering a hoard of riches for their dread queen. The threat of annihilation has become so dire that groups as disparate as the Harpers and Zhentarim are banding together in the fight against the cult. Never before has the need for heroes been so desperate.

I'd like to run the whole Tyranny of Dragons campaign (Hoard of the Dragon Queen + Rise of the Tiamat), level 1 to 15. Currently we have one space in the group (melee/healing), we just had one session of actual play, so you haven't missed anything yet. As the game has started, please post your XML files here on the forum or contact me via PM.

If you have any other questions, ask away :)

Edit: Updated the time and character requirements.

Phlyghtt79
October 19th, 2016, 19:48
I am very interested in playing in this game with your group. I would like to play a chaotic neutral halfling bard named Kalikikami but I will play any character that might benefit the group as a whole. I would always be free during the timeslot you have announced. Please PM me if you would consider allowing me to play with you. Thanks and be blessed :)

rob2e
October 19th, 2016, 20:51
I would be interested in joining the group when they get to Rise of Tiamat. I realize that's an unusual request, but I am currently in a campaign of Hoard of the Dragon Queen and the DM has already stated he will be taking the characters in a different direction after that module and NOT be running RoT. So I am desperatly looking for a way to play just RoT even if I have to get on a waiting list for months from now. If you would consider my joining the group at that time, please let me know...

ThanX!

Kieran Redhead
October 20th, 2016, 02:05
It's time for Ragnar and his amazing God Sword, Matrix Dodging and new found faith in the gods to be reincarnated into a new skin.

P.s. I'm working Sundays until further notice so could it be possible to be 530 rather than 5 as I don't finish work until then? Thank you!

Bleak Midwinter
October 20th, 2016, 18:10
I'd be interested in joining the game (somewhat class ambivalent), but would only be able to make 3 sessions out of every 4.

Nemori
October 21st, 2016, 15:03
Wow, we have enough players on the calendar to run two and half tables :) Thanks everyone for the interest, if you didn't make it, I'll let you know if somebody drops out.

@Phlyghtt79: Welcome aboard :)

@rob2e: I cannot promise anything, but I'll let you know if we have free space when we get to RoT.

@Kieran: I moved the start time to 5:30 PM, no problem.

@Bleak: Sorry, full already, it went pretty quickly.

rob2e
October 21st, 2016, 18:43
@rob2e: I cannot promise anything, but I'll let you know if we have free space when we get to RoT.

ThanX! Please let me know either way...

Phlyghtt79
October 21st, 2016, 20:23
Wow, we have enough players on the calendar to run two and half tables :) Thanks everyone for the interest, if you didn't make it, I'll let you know if somebody drops out.

@Phlyghtt79: Welcome aboard :)

@Kieran: I moved the start time to 5:30 PM, no problem.

@Bleak: Sorry, full already, it went pretty quickly.

Awesome! This should be great fun, I'm looking forward to it. I'll see you all on Sunday then at 5:30pm GMT for character creation? Please PM me with any more details (we'll meet on TS and get the FG server address from you then too?). Thank you :).

Wretched
October 21st, 2016, 22:04
Hi!!!!
Id love to join the campaign! Ive played 5e since release (paladin, wizard, cleric). Im willing to play any class that fits the party. I know alot about the FR history through novels and box sets from 2e and 3e. PM me if you are interested. Skype or ts will be fine. See ya hopefully in game.

TrainofPain
October 22nd, 2016, 03:00
I would love to play throughout the entire campaign. I am brand new to D&D but with a little "coaching" or "teaching" I know I would pick it up fast enough that I will not be a burden to the group.

Grayfigure
October 23rd, 2016, 17:13
Hi all. Life has decided to bite me in the bum, so I now need my extra time for work for a bit. Gonna have to drop out of the game today, Nemori. If I can link up with you guys later (and IF there's space, of course), I'll try to come back for RoT, if everything lines up. Thanks again, Nemori!

DuskoDugouska
October 25th, 2016, 14:55
Hi i am an aspiring player looking for a fun game to wile away my time. Would like to finally play a campaign from start to finish. I have no preferences for characters except that i hate PH Ranger, so i can fit in almost any group. Personally i have fun making characters and get bored when stuck on a archetype for a long time. I have year of 5e experience and to be fair half of that is on play by post. So, please take me into consideration.
Also i have never used this system although i played on roll20.

Hobben
October 30th, 2016, 17:54
The game shows 230 pm eastern USA. Seems odd we were playing at 1 pm eastern USA ill be close by if things change.

dkaplan73
October 30th, 2016, 18:08
I'd love to play if you still have room. I'm experiences with both D&D and FG. Shoot me a PM if interested.

santhinal
October 30th, 2016, 21:44
i would love to join the campaign, i would prefer to role a spellcaster though (i quit D&D during 4th edition for 2 reasons, 1 is because i could never find a full group where i lived {and i never heard of fantasy grounds} and 2 is the lack of real customization in the spell system.

Nemori
October 31st, 2016, 00:59
Thanks everyone for playing tonight, it was fun, we finally got the characters sorted out (mostly) and got to play a bit. I'm marking the calendar entry as started and I'll post in this thread again if someone drops out. We have five players currently and the group is full.

@Grayfigure: Too bad, it was nice playing with you, let's hope we get the chance to play again, maybe in RoT, maybe on a con, we'll see.

Nemori
November 2nd, 2016, 15:28
Hello folks,

we have one space open in the group, preferably melee and/or healer. I've updated the first post as well to reflect this.

As there's just so many people on the calendar and here, could you please post again if you are still interested?

santhinal
November 2nd, 2016, 17:14
i can roll up a paladin or a cleric if i join? but i am definitely interested (been looking for a group for some time now and still haven't found one that let's me join)

Nemori
November 2nd, 2016, 20:31
Ok, we already have one paladin, so cleric would be probably better. Or maybe fighter or barbarian, since the party has already three semi-healers (paladin, bard and ranger).

Also, the game is at 6 PM GMT now after the timezone shuffle, I updated the thread, but it does not show the new title when browsing the forum (still shows 5 PM GMT). There's been lots of confusion due to clock adjustment recently :)

So just sign up on the calendar and send me an XML file with your character.

santhinal
November 3rd, 2016, 00:11
i rolled a barbarian dragon born, but i can't find this on the games calendar (maybe you took it down for new players?) and i don't know how to send you an XML file (this will be my first campaign on fantasy grounds, though i have played in a few D&D campaigns before)

Nemori
November 3rd, 2016, 01:33
Sent you a PM

robjoliu
November 3rd, 2016, 01:53
i rolled a barbarian dragon born, but i can't find this on the games calendar (maybe you took it down for new players?) and i don't know how to send you an XML file (this will be my first campaign on fantasy grounds, though i have played in a few D&D campaigns before)

Woot! Barbarian! I have Good berries for you.

santhinal
November 3rd, 2016, 15:10
naaa robjoliu i would have been a barbarian, but there was already a dragonborn in the party and i didn't want to use another race for a barbarian..... (the only other races that really fit barbarian for me where too cliche) so i ended up rolling a high elf rouge spy

Nemori
November 5th, 2016, 20:17
Ok, that did not quite work out so the opening is still there.

Bleak Midwinter
November 5th, 2016, 21:08
Scratch that, sadly realised I'm not actually around for the next three Sundays anyhow. Good luck!

santhinal
November 5th, 2016, 21:26
i left the group, DM was foisting backgrounds on me argueing that my character is evil for using poison and their flaw and he does not allow evil characters, does not allow multiple "rare" races like dragonborn, drow, teiflings, etc. in the same party, and finally he does not allow the slightest leeway for character customization that effects anything to make it more real, even if it is merely being even half proficient in the medicine skill because your character learned it on top of the skills he learned in the army after he was traumatized from seeing so many of his subordinates die..... this is even with you offering to take flaws that affect other skills or combat too.....

Nemori
November 5th, 2016, 21:59
Bleak Midwinter: Sorry to hear that :(

santhinal: You were very pushy, rude to the DM and constantly trying to get way with some exceptions to the rules. Now please calm down.

Anyway, there's one space left in the group if anyone's interested :-)

thcbasura
November 18th, 2016, 15:43
I'm interested!! :)

thcbasura
November 18th, 2016, 20:39
Here you have my PC, have a look if all is ok :)

Lyonheart
November 18th, 2016, 21:18
I know you are probably full, but if you get anymore openings I would appreciate being considered.

I have over 35 years of experience both playing and running all sorts of RPG's. This is actually my very first post on FG, but I have watched numerous videos and I think I have a decent handle on how things work on FG.

The reason I am so interested in this campaign is because I would like to run it for my home group and I think playing through it would give me a better perspective.

Anyway if you happen to get an opening, please take me into consideration. Thank you

Sincerely Lyonheart

Nemori
November 19th, 2016, 13:19
@thcbsura: Ok, got him, welcome aboard.

And the group is full again, sorry.

thcbasura
November 19th, 2016, 18:21
Here you have my PC, have a look if all is ok :)

Modifications:
Ok Perfect:
1. Studded Leather (45GP), Hunting Trap (5GP), Potion (50GP) and I will sell the original Leather Armor (+5GP, half price) = 55GP rest
2. Pickpocket
3. Number 8. Actually, the dragons attacked my home and family because the big ammount of gold we keep save from our steals :) I want to obtain that gold back and kill the dragon who destroyed it.

Could I also use the optional feature? Dragon Scholar

thcbasura
November 20th, 2016, 12:29
Game start at 6PM GMT, right?

Nemori
November 20th, 2016, 12:36
Correct

Kieran Redhead
November 20th, 2016, 12:42
Should be much better today after my medical issues last week. I'm about 80% healed at this point haha. Corvax will rise!

Leksika
November 21st, 2016, 01:26
Hey, UK-based player here with gen'd
-fighter
-warlock
-rogue
-sorcerer

If a spot opens up do you still update here?

Best! :)