PDA

View Full Version : Storm King's Thunder Maps

Zacchaeus
October 19th, 2016, 14:59
Here's a few maps for use with Storm King's Thunder - yes I know it's been out for a while but I haven't had the time until now.

There's only a small number of maps in this module but they do cover the three big combats in Chapter 2. I've also thrown in a few non specific maps which could be used for random encounters.

To use just download the module attached and put it into the modules folder in Fantasy grounds; fire up Fantasy Grounds and navigate to the modules library and open the module.

The maps should be usable in any ruleset.

Trenloe
October 19th, 2016, 16:14
Very, very nice. :)

Now, the continued education of Zacchaeus on FG map/module file sizes... What is the largest file in this module? Thumbnail.png at over 1MB and 1000x800 pixels! Wait, what?!? A teeny tiny image that FG only ever displays at a maximum size of 56x56 pixels?!? Reduce that file size sir! :D

Myrdin Potter
October 19th, 2016, 16:42
And when did I finish the attack on Triboar? Why, Monday night. The actual city map can do ok, you just drop a grid on it and know that you end up with tiny tokens. That is for people that want to break out into 7 Samuarai or 13 Assassins defenses of the town.

Otherwise, maps like this are great options. You just theatre of the mind until contact and use maps like these ones.

My players engaged them away from the center of town and fell back. Was doing great until the giants started throwing rocks, then it got dicey.

Zacchaeus
October 19th, 2016, 18:04
Very, very nice. :)

Now, the continued education of Zacchaeus on FG map/module file sizes... What is the largest file in this module? Thumbnail.png at over 1MB and 1000x800 pixels! Wait, what?!? A teeny tiny image that FG only ever displays at a maximum size of 56x56 pixels?!? Reduce that file size sir! :D

Ahahahahahaha. Used the wrong freeking file for the thumbnail didn't I? Well spotted ;)

rob2e
October 19th, 2016, 18:44
Nice. ThanX Zac!

rob2e
October 19th, 2016, 19:08
Zacchaeus.

Your maps are great (as always). ThanX again, I do however have a question... The attack on Bryn Shander, unless I'm reading it wrong, has 9 frost giants elsewhere occupying the town's malitia, while two frost giants and the leader attack the gate (or try to parlay) along with two winter wolves. This seems a bit cramped. See my pic.

Had something more in mind with half way between yours and this...

What do you think?

Actually all I'm really looking for is some kind of DM justification to explain the small spacing outside the gate. I guess I'm not creative enough for my players. I know you can help.

Zacchaeus
October 19th, 2016, 19:50
Alright here you go.

rob2e
October 19th, 2016, 20:07
Alright here you go.

OMG! That took you like three seconds. You're a god. AND I'm going to use this is today's game. My party is about to throw down with their newly acquired NPC party members at level 5. Very Exciting. ThanX man. I hope you'll put that in your Map Pack, I'm sure people would love to have two different gate approaches which can of course be used genericly.

Zacchaeus, you should consider running seminars. I don't know what for, but for all the incredible stuff you do. I will attend every seminar you run. I don't care what it's for.

kp9911
October 20th, 2016, 07:12
Zacchaeus, you should consider running seminars. I don't know what for, but for all the incredible stuff you do. I will attend every seminar you run. I don't care what it's for.

+100

Please start a blog/guide for all the stuff you do if possible.

EDIT: Cannot rep you more than once :'(

JohnD
December 20th, 2016, 05:46
Was there ever a map pack like this put out for LMoP?

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2016, 11:31
Was there ever a map pack like this put out for LMoP?

No, there wasn't. But as far as I can remember it wasn't needed. There was only one encounter I think which didn't have a map.

DannerAZ
January 4th, 2017, 02:33
Alright here you go.

What tool did you use to create that if you don't mind me asking?

Never mind, I looked at your notes in the mod file. Thanks.

Bidmaron
January 4th, 2017, 04:02
Hey, Danner. Welcome to the FG forum! We are a friendly and helpful group. Anything still on your mind?

Danimal66
February 8th, 2017, 21:13
Question in this older thread. We're currently at the Stone Giants chapter of SKT and while there are a number of large maps for battlempa purposes, I need a map similar to the gm's map for the players so I can show them the whole complex layout. Any suggestions? Is it legal to take the map included in the module and copy it?

Zacchaeus
February 8th, 2017, 21:29
No the battlemap for the whole complex was too big which is why I split it into several areas. You can't access the maps in any way to copy them so that's a non starter. All you could possibly do is show them the DM map but that kind of defeats the purpose.

LordEntrails
February 8th, 2017, 21:50
...Is it legal to take the map included in the module and copy it?
For your own personal use it's legal.

Danimal66
February 8th, 2017, 22:06
No the battlemap for the whole complex was too big which is why I split it into several areas. You can't access the maps in any way to copy them so that's a non starter. All you could possibly do is show them the DM map but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Ok thanks, my players are having a hard time getting an overall feel for the canyon so I'll look online and see if I can find anything.

Zacchaeus
February 8th, 2017, 22:14
For your own personal use it's legal.

But it's encrypted so he can't get to it. Unless he screenshots it I suppose.

LordEntrails
February 9th, 2017, 02:17
But it's encrypted so he can't get to it. Unless he screenshots it I suppose.
That's what I assumed, but should have stated. But as you pointed out, there isn't a complete overview map to do that with.