PDA

View Full Version : am i allowed to make a teamspeak channel

Jaekaido
October 18th, 2016, 10:57
i was wondering is i was allowed to make a channel on the teamspeak server as i am starting up a game. i would also need to know how to create one if i am allowed. thank you for your time.

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2016, 12:03
Yes, just right click over 'Game channels' and select 'Create Sub channel' and then fill out the details in the dialog box that appears.

damned
October 18th, 2016, 14:32
Just keep it in the appropriate area and try and put it alphabetically.

Jaekaido
October 19th, 2016, 05:27
thank you guys very much for the help

Jaekaido
October 27th, 2016, 23:26
hey i need to delete the channel that i created on the teamspeak server. how do i do it

damned
October 28th, 2016, 01:28
Much the same way you created it.

Jaekaido
October 28th, 2016, 14:35
well i seem to have made a semi-permanent channel called Invasion of Nova and when i right click it it does not give the option to delete it (it is greyed out). also i cannot seem to change the settings to make it a temporary channel either any ideas?

Andraax
October 28th, 2016, 14:43
It will go away next time they reboot the server.

Trenloe
October 28th, 2016, 16:29
We've just added the permission for channel admins (you created the channel) to be able to delete their channels. You need to be in the channel you created to be able to do this - right-click and select "Delete Channel", it will warn you that there are people in it (you), press Yes to delete your channel.

daggerfortysix
November 1st, 2016, 04:37
Hey guys - Sorry to possibly be hijacking this thread, but I need some related help and this seems to be the best place. After seeing this thread, I made my own Subchannel - DM K0ZHxZk1. While messing with it, I have somehow changed myself from the Channel Group Channel Admin to a Guest. Now I cannot edit that Subchannel or delete it. I keep getting insufficient privilages errors.

Does anyone know I can get that privilege back? I looked over a few posts on the TeamSpeak forum under Permissions and the posts are way too far over my head to deal with.

Or better yet, If anyone has the ability to simply delete that channel for me, I'd be grateful and can set up another one later.

Thank You!

Trenloe
November 1st, 2016, 05:05
Or better yet, If anyone has the ability to simply delete that channel for me, I'd be grateful and can set up another one later. !
Done. I'm good at nuking things. :)

daggerfortysix
November 1st, 2016, 05:07
You are awesome! Gracious!

Jaekaido
November 7th, 2016, 03:47
i still do not seem to have permission to delete the channel and am getting really frustrated with it. i tried to just let it go away but it won't.

Andraax
November 7th, 2016, 04:07
i still do not seem to have permission to delete the channel and am getting really frustrated with it. i tried to just let it go away but it won't.

They only reboot the server every month or two. It will go away the next time they reboot it.

Trenloe
November 7th, 2016, 04:53
You need to be in the channel itself and you need to be logged in from the same TeamSpeak client that you used to create the channel, so that it recognises you as the channel admin. When you go into the channel you should see a green "FG" logo to the right of your user name within the channel - if you don't then you're not the channel admin and can't delete the channel.