PDA

View Full Version : Pick up games?

Hawker73
October 18th, 2016, 05:47
Is there any location or hang out one might check for pick up games? say a teamspeak location, FB, anywhere?

Have FG will trav......errr, login.

JohnD
October 18th, 2016, 06:24
I don't think there are many pick up games of C&C. 5e you probably would find traction given the majority of users are there or so the numbers tell us.

If you are just hanging around hoping to get into a game, the Teamspeak server has a LFG room. I've seen the occasional person sitting in there waiting/hoping someone will invite them into a current game for the evening.

Oh and check your email. ;)

Trenloe
October 18th, 2016, 19:33
The Fantasy Grounds community hasn't embraced the idea of pick-up games. Occasionally you'll see someone advertise on the forums "Hey, I'm going to run a game in a couple of hours, anyone interested?"

The fact that there are usually more players than GMs (for popular games - the type that might be successful in a pick-up environment) allows a GM to advertise ahead of time and get a bunch of players sorted before they plan to run the game. And most GMs on the forums run campaigns, not one-offs. Even for one-offs, most FG GMs will advertise ahead of time - so they'll know if they're going to have some players.

If you're looking to get a game together and haven't had much success, then some people have found that organising a group themselves has sometimes worked. You don't have to be the GM to organise a gaming group...

Hawker73
October 23rd, 2016, 15:06
Well then I just need more C&C games to join! :D

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2016, 16:50
As mentioned above, try organising one! :)

Andraax
October 23rd, 2016, 20:18

Check your email. :-)