PDA

View Full Version : Rippers Resurrected Saturdays 6-9 ET

Talen
October 18th, 2016, 05:19

I'll be running a Rippers Resurrected Campaign on alternating Saturdays starting this week on the 22nd. I have an unlimited license so no purchase needed for players new to Fantasy Grounds. I like Masks approach to Rippers and players are free to come and go as needed. This makes thematic sense given the way a Rippers Lodge works. The calendar link is HERE. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2226) A brief introduction to the campaign is provided below as the first episode was played in a one-shot by a previous group. (WARNING: the summary below includes spoilers from the plot point campaign). As the campaign goes on, for anyone looking to just read the session recaps, I have created a blog (look to the left by my name info for the link) with just the session recaps.

The Story So Far...

Several members of the London lodge of the Rippers were the invited guests of noted ancient civilizations scholar, Arthur Harmsworth. After spending an evening being regaled by the professor's tales of his recent work translating ancient Egyptian texts, the dinner party was interrupted by a break-in at the University where the professor resided. It was only after a group of opium fueled thug intruders were roundly defeated that it was discovered the break-in was merely a pretext for the abduction of the professor. After tracking the kidnappers to a Limehouse street gambling parlour and opium den - the group was able to hunt down the kidnapper's purported leader, Freddie Marchant through the streets of London in a harrowing chase. Managing to derail the carriage carrying the scholar with their attacks, the carriage skidded to a halt. As the Rippers rushed to tender aid to the professor who was in the carriage as it came to an abrupt stop, the heroes were set upon by a Shadow Beast pouncing upon them on a dreary night at the docks. Dispatching this latest threat - the Rippers were horrified to learn the poor professor did not survive the crash of the carriage.

https://www.savagebloggers.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/70b1e487-b71e-4902-a359-e7ea77d72b1d-825x510.jpg

BDaniel
October 19th, 2016, 00:37
In Henry's defense, he only shot the horse. I have signed up on the calendar. Will we be using pregens or should we send you XML's. I kind of liked Henry Rawlings but also have a couple of other ideas.

Talen
October 19th, 2016, 00:45
Players can create characters or use a pregen - players choice.
....just don't choose a cowboy....horses aren't safe around you.

In Henry's defense, he only shot the horse. I have signed up on the calendar. Will we be using pregens or should we send you XML's. I kind of liked Henry Rawlings but also have a couple of other ideas.

BDaniel
October 19th, 2016, 01:20
Talen,
Pm me your email. I thought I had it already but am unable to find it. I will forward XML's. BTW I am really looking forward to this. I did go out a buy the Rippers Resurrected Player and GM modules for FG but haven't really delved into the GM side or the plot point campaign, especially since you told me about starting this one.

BDaniel
October 19th, 2016, 16:17
Talen,
I see that for now I am the only one signed up. I will do a little recruiting with my Last Parsec and 5e group and see if we get any takers.

Talen
October 20th, 2016, 11:25
I guess I've been spoiled with 5e games filling up quickly. I'll have to work promoting this one. I have reached out to a couple people locally as well. We' ll get this campaign moving one way or the other!

BDaniel
October 20th, 2016, 12:00
Yeah. I am doing some recruiting myself. I struck out last night with our Last Parsec group. Most are already committed to "face to face" games on the weekends. I still have my 5e group tonight....lets see if I can get a convert to go Savage. No worries though, maybe just delay until we get the required amount to sign up.

Hector Trelane
October 20th, 2016, 22:12
...I like Masks approach to Rippers and players are free to come and go as needed. ...

Tempting indeed! I'm in another game this weekend and my schedule is a bit crazy, but it'd be fun to pop in on this from time to time. Rippers seems quite the fun setting.

Talen
October 21st, 2016, 12:33
Hope you can find time to make it when the schedule permits Hector.

damned
October 21st, 2016, 12:52
Talen I wrote this on the East Texas University game...

If you have a game/system that attracts a smaller audience my recommendation is start when you have 2 or 3 players and post a weekly/fortnightly session recap - all the fun bits - and finish with "Looking for 1 more player". Always look for 1 player not more. It just works better. If you wait till you have 4 or 6 players you might lose some of your first players because they found other games running now. If you have 5 people interested in ETU logging in per week you might take (example) 4 weeks to get enough unique ETU players view your post and apply. If you are running 5e you get 20 5e players logging in every hour.

Schedule the game and start. You will recruit more players as you go along.

blackcoffee
October 22nd, 2016, 02:37
Talen,
I did go out a buy the Rippers Resurrected Player and GM modules

I signed up too. Do we need to buy the player module from FG?

TrainofPain
October 22nd, 2016, 02:55
I guess I've been spoiled with 5e games filling up quickly. I'll have to work promoting this one. I have reached out to a couple people locally as well. We' ll get this campaign moving one way or the other!

I am interested in participating. I am brand new to D&D but am very eager to learn and play many games. If you are willing to "coach" or "teach" a new player I am more than happy to be apart of the group.

NotRussellCrowe
October 22nd, 2016, 03:42
I am interested in participating. I am brand new to D&D but am very eager to learn and play many games. If you are willing to "coach" or "teach" a new player I am more than happy to be apart of the group.

Hi, TrainofPain, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

Rippers Resurrected is not D&D but Savage Worlds. It's similar but not the same. Actually I played my first game of Savage Worlds with Talen as GM just a few weeks ago and him, BDaniel, and Trenloe were all very helpful and understanding with me and my lack of knowledge. If you understand the concepts of RPGs I'm sure you'll do fine. In fact, as I understand it, Savage Worlds is built to be easier to learn than the world's most popular D20 game (D&D). I actuality I found it pretty easy as Fantasy Grounds takes care of a lot of the mechanics for you which left me more time to role play.

Now, Rippers Resurrected is a setting on top of the Savage Worlds ruleset. Think of it as monster hunters in Victorian England but more pulpy. I had a lot of fun. If that sounds good to you check out this link
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2226

Make sure your timezone is set in your profile for the FG forums. If the time is good for you (tomorrow evening in North America) then add your name in the calendar link. Talen states that he has the ultimate license so it would no cost you anything to join, just make sure you have a headset and get TeamSpeak setup for voice.

Happy gaming!

Talen
October 22nd, 2016, 03:46
Hi blackcoffee and trainofpain. Welcome. In answer to your questions, you won't need to buy anything to play, I have an ultimate license and the rippers mods so you'll be able to access them when you log in. I'll update the calendar with the server alias and open a teamspeak server for us to use voice. And also, happy to have new players, savage worlds is a fairly easy system for players to learn and I'll have pregens for you to start.....you can always switch to your own when you get more comfortable.

TrainofPain
October 22nd, 2016, 04:12
Hi blackcoffee and trainofpain. Welcome. In answer to your questions, you won't need to buy anything to play, I have an ultimate license and the rippers mods so you'll be able to access them when you log in. I'll update the calendar with the server alias and open a teamspeak server for us to use voice. And also, happy to have new players, savage worlds is a fairly easy system for players to learn and I'll have pretend for you to start.....you can always switch to your own when you get more comfortable.

I "applied" on the calendar. I saw that it said 3pm is that EDT or PDT? Not sure if the calendar shows my time or the creators time. Either way it will be alright for me.

BDaniel
October 22nd, 2016, 04:16
Talen,
This is just suggestion but maybe PM them and see how far along they are with using TS and FG. If they have never been on then maybe we will just make the 1st session a session 0 and get their technical issues worked out and give them John Madden version of how to use their character sheet and combat.

SF
BDaniel

Hi blackcoffee and trainofpain. Welcome. In answer to your questions, you won't need to buy anything to play, I have an ultimate license and the rippers mods so you'll be able to access them when you log in. I'll update the calendar with the server alias and open a teamspeak server for us to use voice. And also, happy to have new players, savage worlds is a fairly easy system for players to learn and I'll have pretend for you to start.....you can always switch to your own when you get more comfortable.

BDaniel
October 22nd, 2016, 04:19
Trainofpain,
If you are west coast US then it is 3pm PDT.

I "applied" on the calendar. I saw that it said 3pm is that EDT or PDT? Not sure if the calendar shows my time or the creators time. Either way it will be alright for me.

TrainofPain
October 22nd, 2016, 04:39
Trainofpain,
If you are west coast US then it is 3pm PDT.

Alright awesome. Yes I am PDT. I will be around even prior to that if any of you wanted to walk through some of the FG stuff

Talen
October 22nd, 2016, 04:58
I should be able to bring the server up an hour early and we can walk through the basics if you're available. You can learn as you go after that - once you get the basics down, it's pretty simple. Im looking forward to it!

TrainofPain
October 22nd, 2016, 06:29
I should be able to bring the server up an hour early and we can walk through the basics if you're available. You can learn as you go after that - once you get the basics down, it's pretty simple. Im looking forward to it!

Sounds great to me. I thank you for allowing a complete rookie such as myself to join.

BDaniel
October 22nd, 2016, 14:18
TrainofPain,
We all start off as rookies ...or Privates. I myself have only been on FG since April. You will find that it Fantasy grounds is easy to learn and the rule system you will be playing is very easy.

Sounds great to me. I thank you for allowing a complete rookie such as myself to join.

brutalmilo
October 22nd, 2016, 17:50
Are you still accepting players? I am interested in joining if there is room. Like Train, I am a rookie as well and recently became interested in FG.

Talen
October 22nd, 2016, 18:27
Absolutely - there is still room and we are playing tonite if you can make it. Game starts at 6 ET, but Ill be on at least an hr early to walk through the system and help with any questions. Hope to see you tonight.

BDaniel
October 22nd, 2016, 19:19
Are you still accepting players? I am interested in joining if there is room. Like Train, I am a rookie as well and recently became interested in FG.

Brutalmilo,
Welcome aboard. Do you have Team speak down loaded and head/mic. Also have you logged on to the Fantasy Grounds server? Click on the below link and it will walk you through the Team Speak stuff or just go to the sticky post in the LFG Forum about the server. I am on at the moment and can walk you through the character sheet and combat tracker before the game. I will check back periodically to this thread.
SF
BDaniel

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Topdecker
October 22nd, 2016, 20:08
I just signed up a little bit ago. I am more than passingly familiar with Savage Worlds and know the cut and splice concept behind Rippers (though not Resurrected specifically). I believe that I gamed with blackcoffee during FG Con 9. Given my lateness, I will understand if no seats are available.

Tim

Talen
October 22nd, 2016, 21:04
Seats still available, Ill approve you calendar invite. The Teamspeak and Fantasygrounds server information are included in the calendar invite, but Ill send a PM to all with my email as well. The server is up now if anyone wants to start testing their connection and I will be available to work out any kinks.

Topdecker
October 22nd, 2016, 21:07
Thanks, man! Will get things fired up and be online shortly.

goodmanje
October 22nd, 2016, 22:40
Am I too late?

Talen
October 23rd, 2016, 03:01
You missed today's sessions, but you're welcome to join our next session. Day and time will be on calendar shortly, just join up.

TrainofPain
October 23rd, 2016, 03:56
Had an amazing time Talen! First session ever for me has been completed and I absolutely loved it! Can't wait for the next one. If you are GM any other games please let me know Talen!

BDaniel
October 23rd, 2016, 03:57
Talen,
Great session and thank you for running it. I would also like the thank the great bunch of fellas playing tonight...and Clancy your old cow poke western drawl is dead on, don't change a thing.

@ Talen- I can help you Monday or Tuesday evening next week after 6 pm EDT to work out some of the kinks. Just send me a PM letting me know which will work for you.

SF
BDaniel

Talen
October 23rd, 2016, 14:59
Betram Gallahad, the head of the lodge in London, approached the team to reach out to Randall Pierce, a wealthy industrialist in a recruitment effort to shore up the lodge's resources in response to the number of kidnappings that have occurred throughout England and Europe. Pierce presented as a strong candidate to accept given he recently survived a werewolf attack - surviving only because a group of 3 Londonites happened upon the scene resulting in the werewolf running off before killing Pierce. Investigation revealed that each of these 3 people have died under mysterious circumstances in the weeks following the attack.

Meeting pierce for dinner at the Iron Butterfly restaurant overlooking a vast garden, the team was able to convince Pierce to join the lodge and lend his vast resources to the team whenever the Rippers share information regarding their upcoming missions. On the way back to the lodge, a group of dockworker thugs attempted to separate Pierce from the Rippers, only to be soundly thrashed by the team with Granver Stone suffering a horrible knife wound requiring treatment back at the lodge.

With Pierce in tow, it was only a few weeks later that his contacts proved useful as the Rippers were able to gain an audience with Maxmillian Kobek, the new head of the London Asylum for the Clinically Insane. Kobek has become known for his draconian methods for keeping the inmates under control. The Rippers were investigating a rash of slasher attacks - all occurring near the Asylum. Investigations revealed that some fear the attacks portend the return of a more savage Dr. Jack - others believe the Asylum to be the source of the attacks, whether an inmate or an employee.

Refusing to follow Pierce's plan to enter the asylum and investigate covertly as inmates, the Rippers were able to sneak into the Asylum through a muck-filled storm gate and finding the secured cell the most violent inmates were kept in. Picking the lock, the Rippers discovered 3 Nosferatu locked in the room. Unwilling to leave the threat of the 3 savage recently turned vampires unchecked, the Rippers quickly executed a plan to pick off the monsters in their cell. The threat dispatched, the Rippers now have to decide what this all means....

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15825&stc=1&d=1477229837

BDaniel
October 23rd, 2016, 16:33
Great AAR Talen. While the dock worker thugs were trying to separate Mr. Peirce from the group, Saito Hajime was separating their head from their bodies. As for the Nosferatu, Saito added two more heads to his collection but the fight was never in doubt. Saito Hajime has vowed to destroy all vampires and is now dedicated to rooting out the source of this pestilence within the asylum. Oh and Peirce's plan to enter the asylum was crazy, get it CRAZY, and our little band were not. Hope fully the HEAD of the lodge, Betram Gallahad, will pay well for Saito's little war trophies.

Head Count
Saito 3 Thugs
Saito 2 Nosferato

TrainofPain
October 23rd, 2016, 18:46
You are welcome Saito, if it wasn't for me mentioning the basement those Vampire Heads would still be on their bodies :P

Topdecker
October 23rd, 2016, 20:29
It was a good observation about the basement and it got us heading the 'right' direction for our band of Rippers. I am playing combat support as Clancy, but I haven't hurt a fly yet. Even so, I have had a good time watching our Samurai friend making quick work of most opponents while the rest of us endeavor to keep the upper hand and a stiff upper lip. Talen is doing a good job keeping it moving even with the technical problems, so kudos to him.

Tim

BDaniel
October 23rd, 2016, 20:54
If it were not for Clancyson's fast roping, we would have been over run by the foul beast.

It was a good observation about the basement and it got us heading the 'right' direction for our band of Rippers. I am playing combat support as Clancy, but I haven't hurt a fly yet. Even so, I have had a good time watching our Samurai friend making quick work of most opponents while the rest of us endeavor to keep the upper hand and a stiff upper lip. Talen is doing a good job keeping it moving even with the technical problems, so kudos to him.

Tim

TrainofPain
October 23rd, 2016, 23:23
I can definitely agree that each of us have brought something to this group of Rippers!

BDaniel
October 24th, 2016, 02:24
Yes if it were not for Gravner's fantastic though unskilled attempts at persuasion and investigative abilities, we would still be chasing our tails.

TrainofPain
October 24th, 2016, 03:45
Hahah true story Mr. Stone definitely carried us through that first session. Although I had some clutch lock pick rolls .... prob my only good rolls haha

Topdecker
October 24th, 2016, 03:51
Those lock picking successes were right on time - and you did it 3 times on one door :)

BDaniel
October 24th, 2016, 03:55
TrainofPain
Did you get my Private Message?

Hahah true story Mr. Stone definitely carried us through that first session. Although I had some clutch lock pick rolls .... prob my only good rolls haha

TrainofPain
October 24th, 2016, 03:55
Oh yeah i picked the **** out of that door, haha

Talen
October 24th, 2016, 14:13
Good news on a technical front. I found the source of our targeting problems and was able to remedy it (I removed an image extension). I also think I fixed my sound issues. Brian, if you're free on Tuesday evening, we can test it out.

BDaniel
October 24th, 2016, 14:29
Talen,
Let us get it tested.

Trainofpain,
You can pick a lock, and you can pick your friend, but don't pick your friends lock.......or was that about noses? Well NVM! Noses, Locks, friends,guitars just keep picking them, one is bound to be right.

Good news on a technical front. I found the source of our targeting problems and was able to remedy it (I removed an image extension). I also think I fixed my sound issues. Brian, if you're free on Tuesday evening, we can test it out.

Talen
October 29th, 2016, 06:44
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15908&stc=1&d=1477719748

Mask_of_winter
October 29th, 2016, 06:57
Looks great man!

goodmanje
October 29th, 2016, 11:41
nice!

BDaniel
October 29th, 2016, 16:22
Looks awesome Talen. Someone should do something about that horse shooting crazed cowboy.

TrainofPain
October 29th, 2016, 19:07
Nice Talen. I can not wait for the next Ripper's session! Nov 5th is so far away!

daddystabz
October 30th, 2016, 22:38
Is it too late to join? Are you still accepting players? What time are you playing on Saturdays? Do you use voice comm?

TrainofPain
October 30th, 2016, 23:08
Is it too late to join? Are you still accepting players? What time are you playing on Saturdays? Do you use voice comm?

We do use voice comms. We use TS3. I am not sure how many people he wants to have in the sessions but we had (4) last session and I would be okay with having a 5th.

@talen does this notify you of someone inquiring about the game?

Talen
October 30th, 2016, 23:53
Players can continue to apply in the calendar until we start having too many players showing up ( I don't anticipate that being a problem for awhile). I would like to cap the number of players for any particular week at 5-6. There is no commitment required to play in subsequent weeks, I ask only that if you indicate in the calendar whether you can make that week (by selecting yes or no in the "scheduled playing time" section) that you actually make it to the session. Right now, we have 7 players in the calendar, 4 have confirmed for this coming Saturday as yes, 1 as a no, and 2 have yet to confirm. The time for each session and server info are provided in the calendar.

TrainofPain
November 1st, 2016, 19:13
I can not wait until Saturday Talen! I'm ready to continue investigating this Asylum!

Talen
November 2nd, 2016, 00:32
As am I. Im going to try and open things up a little to let the players drive where we go....it's looking like the asylum may be getting some more love than I originally planned - but that's great! Also, for those players that are putting the FG update through it's paces, I will have my server up for the next couple days if you want to come in and test things to make sure nothing "broke" in the transition to 3.2. You will need to run the FG update before gameday so that we are all running version 3.2

Talen
November 2nd, 2016, 02:19
...and the server alias has changed and is updated in the calendar.

Topdecker
November 3rd, 2016, 19:43
Good to know - having the updated server string will save me some frustration :). I am already updated to 3.2, though I have had little time to work with it. I will try to be there 30 min early just to catch any downloads needed.

TrainofPain
November 3rd, 2016, 21:18
...and the server alias has changed and is updated in the calendar.

alright, I will go ahead and connect to the new server

Ellspeth
November 3rd, 2016, 21:47
Hi Talen I am torn between playing a pre-gen and creating my own, I went through the Rippers manual several times now. Would you be available anytime tomorrow evening (Friday) or an hour or so before the game Saturday?

Talen
November 4th, 2016, 00:00
Ellspeth, either day *should* work for me (depending on when you had in mind for Friday. Let's plan on an hr before gametime saturday, but if we can make tomorrow work, we can always do that as well.

Ellspeth
November 4th, 2016, 00:08
Saturday's good, cya then.

goodmanje
November 4th, 2016, 02:37
Is there a players guide for Rippers?

Talen
November 4th, 2016, 03:11
There is (both in prin (https://www.amazon.com/Rippers-Resurrected-Players-Softcover-S2P10320/dp/1944413006/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1478224988&sr=8-8&keywords=rippers+resurrected)t and on FG (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=PEGFGSWRRP)) Unfortunately, I dont believe there is a free test drive document. Having said that, if you know the vanilla savage worlds rules, you'll get most of the Rippers campaign. There is a free test drive for that here (https://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWcore/TD06.pdf).

Talen
November 6th, 2016, 15:41
Upon dispatching the vampires discovered last session, the Rippers returned to the London lodge to receive orders on how to proceed with the potentially catastrophic infestation. As luck would have it, the two most renowned surviving vampire hunters in the world had returned to London- Mina and Jonathan Harker. Known throughout the Rippers for their heroism in defeating Dracula alongside Johan Van Helsing, Jonathan had returned from his work throughout Eastern Europe bringing down the remnants of Dracula's network of vampires. Mina Harker had returned to lead the London Lodge after several recruitment missions throughout London society.

Upon hearing the details of the party's discovery at the London Asylum, it was agreed the Rippers would explore the Asylum, attempt to locate the source of the infestation, and destroy the remaining vampire kind wherever they might find them. Investigation of the lower levels of the Asylum revealed a score of recently turned vampires strapped to hospital beds. While patrolling the asylum, the Rippers also dispatched a group of recently escaped, and fully formed Vampires. The ensuing battle created a loud disturbance which brought a team of armed orderlies to the tunnels.

Confronting the orderlies, the Rippers intimidated the employees and convinced the orderlies to take them to Dr. Kobek to question him regarding their findings - some believing the doctor to be the source of the growing Vampire infestation. Questioning of Dr. Kobek revealed that his guilt lie only in the cover-up of the Vampire problem and that the infestation apparently resulted from an inmate that infected the others as the newly formed Vampires began to feed on the inmates. Kobek was opposed to both the slaughter of the inmates and bringing attention of the problem to the authorities - fearful for what such a scandal would do to his reputation and ability to continue his work. The Rippers were able to convince Dr. Kobek that the patients could not in fact be saved - but only after assuring him that the true nature of the problem would not become public knowledge. Calling in a favor from wealthy industrialist Randall Pierce, the Rippers were able to manufacture a story about how the Asylum was beset by a plague - concealing the true nature of the problem at the Asylum. The vampires in turn were alternately lead out into the sunlight of the early morning to be destroyed, or slaughtered in the tunnels with vials of holy water secured by Jonathan Harker.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16129&stc=1&d=1478446835

Ellspeth
November 6th, 2016, 17:41
Hey Talen I hope you don't mind my sharing the screenshot I grabbed from the game, I really liked what you did with the map images. 16131

Talen
November 6th, 2016, 17:47
I can't take credit for the image layout - I've been scouring the web for good maps and images to use and this was one I came across.

BDaniel
November 6th, 2016, 18:33
Saito Hajime is happy the vampire menace has been dealt with but is ashamed he could not continue with the group back into the Asylum and separate vampire heads from vampire bodies. His swords are sharp and ready to deal with these savage fiends next time.

TrainofPain
November 6th, 2016, 20:06
You were definitely missed Saito. Akilo's peacemaker was absolutely on point... (two attacks back to back had 3 exploding dice)

Topdecker
November 18th, 2016, 02:44
Almost... Saturday :)

BDaniel
November 18th, 2016, 03:09
Almost... Saturday :)

Yes it is indeed.

Talen
November 18th, 2016, 05:36
Can't wait either. As we discussed last episode, if anyone wants to take the opportunity between sessions to post an interlude about their character here, they can earn a Benny in between sessions. Totally optional. Also willing to take in character suggestions on where you want to go with the story next. There are always potential threads to follows in the summaries and newspaper articles posted in this thread, but feel free to go someplace else as well.

Talen
November 19th, 2016, 12:05
Please make sure you have updated FG before logging in today (on version 3.2.1 now). I will have the game server up an hour early for anyone that needs to revise their characters.

Lysander
November 19th, 2016, 22:17
I think you are full up tonite, but if you have a spot at the table, I'd like to check it out...

Talen
November 20th, 2016, 04:49
Hi Lysander, thanks for the interest. We have been running at 7 players each week which is the maximum I am capable of running. If you'd like, I can send you a note when a session looks like it will fall under 7.

Talen
November 20th, 2016, 04:54
[From the journal of Mina Harker]

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16490&stc=1&d=1479617632

Lysander
November 21st, 2016, 02:24
Please do. I'd like to schedule a time to meet one evening soon so I can get a feel for the genre and make a support character as my involvement may be spotty due to face to face commitments on Saturday. Someone that be Npc'd when necessary.

spite
November 21st, 2016, 03:50
I'd love to go on the waitlist too if spots were to arrise :)

TrainofPain
November 21st, 2016, 20:25
[From the journal of Mina Harker]

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16490&stc=1&d=1479617632

Absolutely amazing Talen! I can not wait for the next session!

BDaniel
November 21st, 2016, 20:30
Talen,
I am with Trainofpain on this one, it was an absolute blast. Thank goodness Clancy fired his silver bullets or we would have been in a mess. Looking forward to our next session.

SF
BDaniel

Talen
November 21st, 2016, 20:52
I'd love to go on the waitlist too if spots were to arrise :)

I'll let you know Spite and thanks for looking into the game.

Ferdia
November 22nd, 2016, 15:17
Hi - I'm not seeing the date of the next session on the calendar - just checking in to see if it's just me or has it not yet been posted?

Talen
November 22nd, 2016, 15:32
I just added the next session and it is this week 11/26 - I provide a full explanation in the calendar entry, but short story is holiday and work year end madness are starting so cant do 12/3 and running this make up session a week earlier. Next session after this week 11/26 will likely be 12/17.

Talen
November 22nd, 2016, 16:23
I will also have a new toy for everyone next session. The game has bogged down at times as I tried to trigger sound FX for players during combat. Dulux Oz's sound extension is amazing, but a little buggy with the Savage Worlds ruleset when it comes to auto triggering sound FX. That being said, I think the mini boards should work and I've created one for each of your characters so that you can trigger them as you see fit. I have a full Syrinscape subsription and access to the internet so if you find any sounds you would like to add to your characters sound board, let me know. For example, I tried to find a could wav or mp3 of Saito saying something in Japanese while attacking but haven't found anything good so far...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16553&stc=1&d=1479831809

Talen
November 26th, 2016, 11:13
Just a reminder we will be running today at 6pm ET (calender should have the time converted for you, but same time as always.) We currently have 5 people registered so room for up to 2 more if anyone else can make it. Spite, I have the server up now if you can make it and want to either make a character of see the pregens available.

Talen
November 27th, 2016, 13:19
The Rippers continued their recruitment of Sir William Bankes over a weekend dinner party at his Dorset estate in Kingston Lacy. The Rippers learned of Sir Williams’s discovery of an ancient Egyptian Obelisk at a Temple of Isis in Philae Egypt. Solomon Grist’s surprising knowledge on the subject impressed their host and prompted Granver to engage in additional research on the subject at Sir Williams’s extensive library where he learned that the Temple of Isis was reputedly dedicated to the study of reincarnation rituals. Their second day was spent conversing with the guests with both Enrico Gambucinni and Jonathan Jellicoe showing great interest in the Rippers reasons for visiting the Bankes estate.

The weekend of thoughtful conversation, lavish meals, horseback riding through the country side estate and trick shooting demonstrations by Sallie Dalton was interrupted when Granver Stone discovered the body of police officer Maxwell Puget in the room occupied by Italian art collector Enrico Gambuccini.

Originally believing Enrico responsible for the murder, all physical evidence pointed to Enrico being the murderer. However, relying on her psychic gift, Sallie was able to probe the mind of Enrico and conclude he was not the murderer and the evidence was merely an elaborate attempt to frame him for the murder. With this knowledge in hand, the Rippers started questioning the other guests and began to suspect the portly politician Jonathan Jellicoe committed the cold-blooded murder. Sallie again attempted to read this new suspects mind and was repulsed by the experience while coming away with the distinct impression he was responsible for the heinous act regardless of his careful political responses to her questioning.

While the Rippers investigation closed in on the Jellicoe as the murderer, a group of cultists broke into the mansion and headed to the second floor - either in search of something or as a diversion for what was occurring on the estate grounds. Saito dealt with the invaders in his traditional fashion – separating several invaders from their heads, while Clancy’s Colt pistols rang loudly through the mansion stopping the invaders. As the Rippers dealt with the cultists, a man named Hakim Jaleel was busy strapping explosives to the Egyptian obelisk outside. After the Rippers dropped the invading cultists, in an effort to buy more time, Hakim summoned 2 shadow hounds to deal with the Rippers and provide a means for his escape.

The Rippers were initially stymied in their fight against the hounds, with the fearsome ethereal creatures immune to earthly attacks. It was only the magical bolts from Solomon Grist that ultimately defeated the hounds. Unfortunately, the true nature of Hakim’s activity in the hedge maze became apparent as a blinking light strapped to the base of the obelisk was observed during the battle, followed shortly after by a large explosion which destroyed the obelisk.

Topdecker
November 27th, 2016, 13:27
Thanks for the write-up, Talen, I appreciate it. I need to get my hands on a witch gun or something similar :)

Talen
November 27th, 2016, 15:07
You will have the opportunity to explore Jellicoe's involvement with the murder at Sir William's estate as an interlude before our next session; however, the streets of London are ablaze with the news of the potential return of Jack the Ripper!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16650&stc=1&d=1480259198

Topdecker
December 12th, 2016, 19:47
Are we still on for Saturday?

BDaniel
December 13th, 2016, 01:11
Are we still on for Saturday?

Ditto.

Talen
December 14th, 2016, 21:17
Hello all. We are an for this Saturday - Calendar has been updated!

Talen
December 17th, 2016, 13:08
It's been a few weeks since our last game, so I've opened the server up early for anyone who wants to review or update their characters. I believe there was a small update to FG as well since our last session so please check that you are running the most current version. Finally, you can view my blog (linked under my forum name to the left) if you want to read the prior game summaries in order. Otherwise, see you all tonight.

Talen
December 18th, 2016, 14:02
Confronted with the aftermath of the destruction of the Egyptian obelisk that once resided at the estate of Sir William Bankes, the Rippers set to finding answers by questioning the captive politician Jonathan Jellicoe. The Ripper’s interrogation techniques were “non-traditional, with Jellicoe questioned by the investigator Granver Stone while Jellicoe’s portly frame suspended from a chandelier above Saito’s eager katana. The investigation technique was also effective as Jellicoe told the Rippers how he was being blackmailed by a cult of unknown purpose with the threat that his personal proclivities would be exposed to the public thereby ruining his political career. Jellicoe was tasked with reporting to the cult regarding the Rippers activity in Dorsett. He told the Rippers he was forced to dispose of Maxwell Puget when the police office began asking too many questions regarding his trailing of the Rippers. Unfortunately, Jellicoe knew nothing of the man he identified as Hakim who had successfully destroyed the obelisk.

Heading back to the London Lodge with Jellicoe in tow, the Rippers reported on their success in recruiting Bankes and the unfortunate destruction of the Egyptian artifact. The return to London was met with a tsunami of news as the Rippers learned of a new murder reportedly committed by Jack, Investigation revealed a similar attack pattern, however the cuts were not quite as surgical – and the victim as not a prostitute. Any doubts of Jack’s return however seem to have been forgotten as Scotland Yard appeared at the Rippers doorstop and asked for their assistance in investigating yet another murder.

Returning to the crime scene with the police, the Rippers discovered a note at the crime scene with a forged invitation from the Rippers inviting the victim to alley where the murder was committed. Saito, perhaps from the intuition developed in having dedicated his life to the destruction of vampire-kind for their murder of his former lord, discovered a vampire tooth at the crime scene as well. Granver’s old friend at Scotland Yard, Edwin Blackburn, told the investigator that Scotland Yard believed the Rippers had some involvement in the murder of the victim (primarily because of their independent discovery of the forged invitation). The Rippers were invited to the crime scene to gauge their reaction to the note and see if they would attempt to lie about the note. Scotland Yard did not however discover the Vampire tooth, nor were they able to follow the trail that Clancy and Sallie followed to another alley were the words “Remember Poenari” were scrawled in blood. Poenari was the castle where the Rippers defeated Count Dracula at his last stand.

Satisfied for the moment that the Rippers may not have been involved in the murder, primarily at Edwin Blackburn’s urging, the Rippers were taken to the mortuary to examine the victim’s body. It was here that the Rippers were confronted with the horrifying truth that Jonathan Harker had been murdered. Rushing back to the lodge to ensure Mina was safe, the team set to the sad task of informing Mina that her beloved husband was killed – apparently by the return of the newly resurrected Dr. Jack. Sallie did her best to console the despondent Mina while Solomon silently swore an oath to avenge the death of Jonathan Harker and bring some solace to Mina – Jonathan having brought Solomon into the Ripper’s fold and serving as his mentor and Mina having spent long hours training Solomon in the ways of Vampire hunting.

Sallie, concerned with not letting the trail of the murderer grow cold, set in motion a plan to pose as Mina and return to the crime scene in the hope of bringing out the killer. As the Rippers set out to the alley, the Rippers were visited by London’s most well-known private detective, Sherlock Holmes. Holmes and Granver have previously worked cases together and renewed their acquaintance as Holmes informed Granver that he suspected his old nemesis Moriarity may have played some role in recent events and that they should avoid confronting the mad genius at all costs. Having served the warning, Sherlock also informed the Rippers that they were being followed by a man with a description fitting that of the Italian art collector, Enrico Gambuccini. A later attempt to track down Gambuccini led to a second visit with Sherlock Holmes and calling in a number of favors with the Archbishop in London. The meeting with Sherlock Holmes put the detective’s full deductive powers on display. The Rippers were not the only side to leave impressed as Clancy’s pointed questions and answers to Sherlock’s questions led to the conclusion that Enrico was not in fact a criminal, but an agent for the church. Calling in several favors with the church revealed that Enrico is in fact an agent for the Vatican. This was discovered only after Sallie’s ruse to lure Jack out was set in motion.

Heading to the alley disguised as Mina, the group’s deception succeeded in provoking a response – if not exactly what they were expecting – as four vampires lept from the street rooftops in an attempt to waylay the Rippers. While the Rippers were fully prepared for the attack, Solomon put on a chilling display of lethal efficiency, tearing through the vampire pack. Defeating the vampires, but no closer to Jack, the Rippers headed back to the lodge with still more news form the morning papers announcing a recent act of defilement at the Kingstead Graveyard. The import of this seemingly insignificant news (when viewed in light of Jack’s apparent return) may have been lost of the general public – but not the Rippers. Kingstead Graveyard is the place where Count Dracula was secretly buried after his defeat at Poenari.

BDaniel
December 18th, 2016, 15:15
Great write up Talen! You covered everything. Thanks again for hosting another great evening of monster hunting and thanks to our little group for being such great players.

Ellspeth
December 18th, 2016, 15:31
16972 Some visuals to add to your excellent narrative Talen. I get one of these in every game, didn't share the last one.

Ellspeth
December 18th, 2016, 15:32
accidental duplication oops.

BDaniel
December 18th, 2016, 17:01
accidental duplication oops.

Great shot Ellspeth. If you were only a minute sooner and took the before and after shots of Solomon tearing through those vampires with his claws. Yes all 3 of those blood spots were attributed to Solomon's rage.

Topdecker
December 29th, 2016, 04:24
Solomon's rage was something else :)

Are we up or down for this coming Saturday? Figuring down, but happy to be wrong!

Talen
December 29th, 2016, 04:45
Solomon's rage was something else :)

Are we up or down for this coming Saturday? Figuring down, but happy to be wrong!

I can not do this week - spending New Years Eve with the family. I will be posting the calendar info shortly for the following week and will try to run a few back to back weeks to make up for the missed holiday sessions.

Talen
January 3rd, 2017, 09:56
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is ready to resume the hunt in 2017! I've updated the calendar for this Saturday"s session. As always, the blog is available if you need to refresh your recollection regarding recent events in London.

Ellspeth
January 8th, 2017, 02:19
There are some fights it is just better to run from. This was before half of us ended up incapacitated.

BDaniel
January 8th, 2017, 02:42
Saito Hajime does not run but he will attack in another direction. Sorry I was not able to help you guys and gals out tonight.

Talen
January 21st, 2017, 13:54
I'm looking forward to gaming tonight but have been slow to provide a summary from last week. However, my slothfulness will provide an opportunity for the Rippers. Ellspeth has already earned an extra bennie for this session for the screen grabs she has provided. Anyone who provides a summary of the last sessions or meaningfully roleplays a post in the forum that points to where the Rippers are going in today's session can also earn a bennie. Regardless, I'll see you all tonight.

Ellspeth
January 22nd, 2017, 03:01
17553 Just days after the death of his mentor Jonathon Harker, Solomon Grist went down in his last fight. (It got way worse after this screenshot).

BDaniel
January 22nd, 2017, 04:18
RIP Solomon. He died a good death. Saito was no long for the afterlife himself, if it were not for Clancy and Sally. Round 1 was easy, round 2 not so much 5 v 1.

Ellspeth
January 25th, 2017, 12:48
Okay Talen, I had promised to give this a go as soon as I had time, and tried to keep it brief. (For the rest of you Talen gives an extra bennie to players who write up either bio or game play info to post. (See what a girl will do for bennies?)
Sallie Dalton was born in western Missouri as the American Civil War was drawing to a close. As she grew up she would laugh, claiming she learned to ride, rope and walk all at the same time. In the West she also became above average skilled with a gun and throwing knives.
She had been close to her cousin , Frank, and his brothers Gratton and Bill as they were all pretty close in age. However for her Frank had been something of a hero, and she had been proud of his work as a lawman. She was also one of the few that knew that was a cover for his work with the Rippers.
She had earned a living working for some of the “Wild West” shows that were becoming ubiquitous at the time, but this too was merely a cover. Frank had recruited her to the Rippers several years earlier, knowing she had enhanced her own skills learning some Zen tricks from a wandering monk who had been part of one of the earliest shows she worked with.
After Frank was killed (history never mentions the truth, he was killed as a Ripper, fighting some demonic creature, of course the official story put out by the Rippers was he was killed by horse thieves while tracking them with a posse), the younger boys stayed with it a year or so, but then started turning to crime themselves. Sally personally suspected they had started using Ripper Tech and it had gone wrong.
With the increasing notoriety attached to the Dalton name, and Sallie’s mentor in the Rippers, Tara LaGrange being concerned it would bring attention to the Rippers, she gave Sallie a letter of introduction to the Harkers Rippers Lodge in London and encouraged her to leave the country while the furor died down and the boys could be brought back in line, or removed as a threat. So she took her Wild West showgirl cover and landed in Europe, where such shows were also growing in popularity.17624

Talen
January 28th, 2017, 19:36
Love the write-up Ellspeth - Bennie on the way. Just a reminder, we are gaming today - starting with a funeral for the departed Solomon.

Lysander
January 28th, 2017, 20:20
I'm going to try to make it this evening, but the time slot is a bit of an issue ( Saturday at dinner time) with my family unit... I might just make a generic 'guy' or what I call 'd6' man. That way, if he dies, I can replace him with one of his numerous cousins...

Ellspeth
January 29th, 2017, 11:50
17670 Yesterday was mostly dealing with final arrangements of Jonathon Harker and our poor Solomon Grist. Shortly after his service however the funeral home demonstrated a problem with the dead being re-animated. Agreeing to spend the night on the premises to insure the current body laying waiting for the final service would have no problems. About midnight the corpse we were guarding rose from the bed despite ropes and shackles, but Sallie took him out with one shot not even getting up out of her chair. The ghost that was possessing the bodies was a bit trickier, and came a bit after this screen grab.

blackcoffee
January 30th, 2017, 22:16
Hi everyone, Talen said up front when we started the campaign that we're a drop in / out game, but I'm sorry I missed the past few sessions. We're relocating to a new city, Portland OR, and life has been hectic. Once we've settled in, I'll be able to play again. In the meantime just assume that Granver went on a binge although he can send you money to pay for special weapons.

Talen
January 30th, 2017, 22:30
Looking forward to Granver's return and good luck with the move! Ive neglected the past few session summaries but will get to them so that you can catch up with the story. The biggest development may be that Solomon fell in a battle with jack's minions in his first public sighting.

Topdecker
January 31st, 2017, 00:01
Looking forward to your return - Granver has been hanging out with Mr. Holmes last I knew.

Talen
February 3rd, 2017, 22:08
Hi all, in preparing for tomorrow's games I wanted to see what everyone's thought's on the following were:

1. TeamSpeak vs. Discord. With Smiteworks launching a Discord channel, does the group want to stick with TS or make the move over to Discord now? I believe I have managed to get the Sound FX to work in Discord so I am indifferent. In weighing the pros and cons, I think would note the following:

Teamspeak Pros: I think TS may have better sound quality in my tests. It's possible I merely haven't properly optimized, but I think there is a slight quality difference. We have also worked the bugs out of TS so it has been a stable voice option for all of us for several sessions now. [EDIT: I figured out how to bump the sample rate up so the quaity issue is no longer an issue]
Discord Pros: Discord seems to have gained significant traction with the FG community since its launch and may be a good way to keep player interest. It's retention of chat history is a definite plus (and is searchable now) and there is a promise of video capability if we desire in the future.

I think both options will work fine, but wanted the group to weigh in.

2.FG UPDATE: There was a flash update today so everyone should update before our session. I know there were problems with the earlier update so if anyone has any concerns, please let us know, but todays hotfix seems to have taken care of the known issues. I will have the game server up shortly (at 6pm ET on Friday) if anyone wants to test their connections.

Talen
February 4th, 2017, 16:51
Tara La Grange provides you with a briefing before your trip to Paris to enlist the aid of your former brothers – The Rosicrucians.

The Early Days: Jack and The Rosicrucians

The Rosicrucians were formed by Jack himself years before his partnership with Abraham Van Helsing and the establishment of the Rippers. Enraged by his monarch’s rejection of his newly discovered and radical ripping techniques, Jack became obsessed with perfecting his technique, taking ever-greater risks to discover more about the monsters he found.

Jack went out and recruited like-minded individuals, organizing them into a secret fellowship of wizards, alchemists, and astrologers. He named the organization “The Brotherhood of the Rose Cross” to remind its members of their dedication to both peace (represented by the rose) and faith (represented by the cross).

Jack Leaves the Rosicrucians

Tragically, Jacks fanatical zeal to further his research frightened those around him. Alarmed by Jack’s fervor, Jack’s research partner, Edward Kelley tried to leave the order. Cursing him a coward, Jack struck him dead with the same silver-tipped cane he had used to slay that first monster thereby stumbling upon his ripping technique.

The Great Debate: Magic vs Rippertech

Horrified at what he had done but refusing to abandon his work, Jack faked his own death, leaving behind forever the Rosicrucians, who dedicated themselves to angelic magic. Nonetheless, the fate of the Rosicrucians and the Rippers would forever be linked. Abraham Van Helsing’s heir, Johan Van Helsing became convinced angelic magic held the key to ultimate victory over Jack rather than a further reliance on Ripper tech. His instance shook many Rippers who recalled his father Abraham’s abhorrence of the use of any type of magic. Nonetheless, Johann had his rippertech removed and placed himself in the hands of the Rosicrucian mages. Within a year, he was dead.

Jack’s Defeat and the Aftermath

Many Rippers turned against their erstwhile Rosicrucian allies, citing Abraham Van Helsing’s earlier suspicions, blaming them for Johann’s death and accusing them of incompetence, betrayal, or worse. Grief-stricken at the loss of their leaders, the Rippers gave vent to their sorrows in a merciless crusade against the reeling Cabal. In a few short bloody years the Cabal was in disarray. The Rippers had won and once again the subject of the use of rippertech and of magic came to the fore. Without doubt the technology had been instrumental in defeating the Cabal, but at what cost? And why had Johann put his faith in the magic of the Rosicrucians when his father had been so against it?

The Schism

Wild claims about eternal damnation and devilry were put forward and rejected, and the controversy threatened to split the Rippers apart. In the end, the Rosicrucians once again broke away from the Rippers in a bitter feud about religion, magic, and rippertech. Many Rosicrucians claimed their angelic magic had failed, leaving them bereft of power. Others claimed this was impossible as their power was divinely inspired. Whatever the truth of the sudden reversal of their fortunes, their departure from the Rippers caused speculation to run wild. What could have caused such a calamity, and were the Rosicrucians ever to be trusted?

Prophecy: A Rising Power in the East

Some members of the ancient order remained in touch with their Ripper friends, with whom they had fought side by side for years, and it was through these individuals that the lodges began to hear rumors of a dark power rising in the east. These reports were treated with suspicion, however, and in such a climate of fear and hostility, most Rosicrucians could not overcome the deep rifts in the once tight-knit group and severed all ties.

The Vienna Accords

In a desperate effort to keep the organization together, the remaining factions reached a contentious compromise in Vienna that allowed refinement of existing rippertech, but strictly controlled the research of new implants. Gone were the days of wanton experimentation on captured creatures in the hope of stumbling across something useful.

The Vienna Accords also outlawed the use of magic by Rippers in an effort to preserve their eternal souls and protect them from the perceived dangers of mixing rippertech and magic.

Topdecker
February 4th, 2017, 20:55
Thanks for the background info. I image we'll run afoul of the gendarmeries.

Not having used it much, I have no opinion about Discord, good or bad.

BDaniel
February 4th, 2017, 21:04
Talen,
In reference to the use of Discord over Team Speak. I have never used Discord so I will reserve my opinion but based upon your assessment I do not see any factor that would drive its use over Team speak. I would use either if you decide. I will say this if it is not broken, do not try to fix it. Thanks for the right up.

SF
BDaniel

Ellspeth
February 5th, 2017, 02:27
Ripper's tonight, 30 minutes in, cafe in Paris where we were meeting with members of the Rosicrucians hoping to convince them to share info on Jack the Ripper's return, cafe was bombed, 2 of them killed as we entered the street to be free of the dust and falling debris we met the assassins making sure they didn't fail. After taking them out we handed over the surviving, wounded Rosicrucians to a messenger from their order who alerted their leader to a looting happening at the Louvre Egyptian exhibit.
Got their quickly enough to catch the thieves loading up a wagon, took most of them out, one bit a poison pill when Sallie tried to question him. Saito knocked another out before he could take his own life, then he and Clancy took off in pursuit of the one who tried to flee. After reviving the one we captured and his poison failed him because a kick from Saito had knocked the tooth with the poison pill out we discovered the leader was headed to the obelisk to destroy it at the Place de Concorde. Racing to catch up to Saito, we engaged in another battle, taking down the mastermind and his shadowhounds, and after a tense few rounds disarmed the bomb and saved the obelisk from being destroyed,earning the gratitude of the Rosicrucians, who offered us Van Helsing's diary to aid us in our efforts and offer their support. 17760 17761

Talen
February 10th, 2017, 19:17
We are on for tomorrow and the Rippers will be riding the Ocean Liner back to London having recruited the aide of the Rosicrucian leadership in Paris and bringing back the Ripper's liaison in France, the learned Montgomery Adams.

Ellspeth
February 12th, 2017, 13:19
The return to London has been largely uneventful. Sallie and Clancy spent some time gambling in one of the salon cars, and when a few of the boys got a bit rowdy and suggested she had been cheating (how else could a girl beat them so badly) Sallie had to teach them some manners, Western style. Retiring to the saloon car she and Clancy chatted up the bartender a bit, and learned several passengers who had been travelling alone had disappeared. All from third class from what he could tell us, and hit had started after they took a few passengers on board at Budapest. A few hours investigation in third class brought us face to face with a werewolf, which we took down handily. Investigation told us nothing except he had boarded in Budapest, and a cryptic crumpled note on him, Castle Buda, Buda Lodge, Budapest.
Arriving back at the Van Helsing Lodge in London expecting to report their success with the Rosicrucians to Tara LaGrange, and were met by Mina Harker instead. This surprised them since Jonathon's death Mina had been completely indisposed, which is what had brought Tara over from the states to help out. She congratulated them on their success, but indicated Tara had gotten an alarming message from the lodge Budapest and had headed there to investigate. They had received one cryptic message from her and no further word, and the message indicated she needed help.
Tara was Sallie's mentor in the same way Jonathon had been poor Solomon's and Sallie remembered the note taken from the werewolf. She told Mina she was volunteering to go after Tara as soon as travel arrangements could be made. They set off early the next morning, retracing their way back across Europe, uneventfully. Arrival in Budapest showed the lodges not just in disarray but completely destroyed after what looked like an attack from outside. Sallie found no trace of Tara among the bodies, or indeed no proof she had even made it this far. They found one escape tunnel that appeared to be undiscovered by the attackers, and at the end of that they found one survivor, a lady who was completely catatonic. After some efforts to revive her, we still got little information the battle scene itself hadn't already revealed. We did elicit the information, Tara had been there, and last seen gathering up the remnants of surviving fighters headed to Count Dracula's castle. All indications were the Count himself had returned, which tallied in with what we had been learning in London. They were bringing them ALL back, all the original Cabal. Clancy and Sallie using their tracking skills led the group through the forests, until they could here the sounds of battle, hurrying to get closer they came upon a group of Old Worlders, 4-5 laying dead or wounded, two still valiantly fighting off a dozen or more Cossacks, the type we knew Dracula himself employed. Quickly entering the fray on the side of the Old Worlders we managed to kill, subdue or drive off the Cossacks. There was nothing we could do for the dead, but Montgomery did what he could to aid the wounded, and as this was happening we could hear the howl of wolves moving towards us through the dark forest. There we ended for the evening.

Topdecker
February 12th, 2017, 14:32
Some screeners...

https://i.imgur.com/oLLjWm7.jpg

The good doctor was able to make a ripper-tech lineament from the remains of the lycanthrope that we killed on the decks of a sea-going steamer.

https://i.imgur.com/OymjNUR.jpg

Final encounter facing the daylight minions of the Count of Transylvania.

Topdecker
February 19th, 2017, 07:11
The rippers found themselves with scant few seconds before werewolves came to investigate the sounds of fighting. Clancy took to the trees like a frightened primate and the rest of the rippers hastily made a fire and braced themselves as three lycans raced through the dark woods. One ripped at Sallie's leg, hurting her, while a volley of ineffective fire was loosened. Perhaps a bit chastened by how poorly things had gone, the lycans were dispatched with efficiency by the team.

The Old Worlder's had been helped by keen wit and sharp blade of the Righteous Reverend Hartell who elected to join the rippers as they hastened towards the ominous keep overlooking the misty woods. On the way, the group encountered Old Worlder scouts who were able to fill the group in on what had happened and knew that the Count had left the keep. Recognizing and acting on providence, the castle was approached, scouted in greater detail, and finally a plan was formed to enter the keep.

The group would enter the grounds through the cemetery and endeavor to capture any guards that they might encounter along the way. Cossack Guards were in the cemetery grounds - and a plan was made to draw their attention to a given location and then to kill or subdue them. Sallie started the engagement with a stealthy toss of a knife which instantly killed the surprised guard. This, sadly, was the last bit of really good luck the group would have.

With the use of a bennie, Clancy cleared the iron-wrought fence between the rippers and Cossacks and took a swing of his rifle stock - and missed. Sallie concentrated entirely on clearing the fence and managed to get over. None of the rest of the rippers could clear the accursed fence - and more than one bennie was used. The Cossacks were quickly reinforced and rifle and pistol fire rang out, certainly alerting nearby troops. After a few rounds, the rippers ended up with victory and a prisoner - but the man was new and did not have the information we needed! :mad:

https://i.imgur.com/JGUnLk5.jpg

From here, the rippers went to the heart of the cemetery and into an abandoned chapel. It was empty, though a small chest was discovered and taken (still locked).

The next goal was to reach a manor house with a large tower, but it was walled off by a 20' stone wall and well guarded. A rope was lowered to either side of the wall and - after more a few more bennies were drained from the group - the rippers found themselves on the inner grounds. They looked for and found a less obvious service entrance and encountered a large group of Cossack guards - 6 of them - and this battle went surprisingly well, with a bevy of bolts from Montgomery Adam turning the tide while Saito and the Righteous Reverend hew and smote the last group.

Again, a guard was captured and this one had the information about the hostage. The rippers went to the tower where the Count kept his 'brides' and finished the evening with a fight against 3 female vampires who were guarding Dracula's intended.

https://i.imgur.com/vZRKAe2.jpg

This fight was a true group effort. The vampire rushed the female Old Worlders, encircling one. Montgomery unleashed a hot white flash of bolts, the damage they would have done draining the pool of bennies - the vampires would have no more options to avoid damage. The good Reverend tossed a holy water vial that would have hit all 3 vampires - if he'd managed the toss; he moved in anyhow, heedless of harm to himself. Clancy dropped 3 summoned troops onto the field who were not especially effective - but they added gang-up bonuses. And then Saito.... Saito happened, dispatching a pair of the vampires in a red haze. The last one, surrounded and alone, went down to a bear-hug by a Big Man-Eater (a naked cave bear).

Ellspeth
February 19th, 2017, 12:31
The one battle map Topdecker couldn't fit on his screen. 17975
Sallie was intent on following and finding her friend and mentor Tara LaGrange. And though we did indeed find her and rescue her, we are still in the castle tower, and she has informed us there are others being held in other parts of the castle keep. Sallie, secretly relieved to find Tara before she ended like Jonathon Harker and poor old Solomon Grist, is now anxious to search and rescue any others and get out of their before Dracula himself could return while they were weakened.

Talen
February 20th, 2017, 01:54
Nice screen grab framing and summaries Top and Elspeth - thanks for taking over these to keep everyone current - I think these are helpful as people pop in and out.

BDaniel
February 20th, 2017, 02:04
Well it looked to be a very eventful evening. I am glad Father Frederick Hartwell was able to assist in storming the gates. I am also doubly glad Saito was able to contribute in eradicating the vampire menace as he does loathe vamps. What I am curious about , how did Clancy with a noticeable gimp make it over the fence and the others could not manage it? I will need some further information regarding the naked man eating bear.

Topdecker
February 20th, 2017, 03:25
BDaniel -

Clancy has a d6 in climbing. I used it quite a bit that session. I can review, but I think he was built like that.

The man-eating naked bear (Nyah-Gwaheh) is a Native American legend. Being an American Cowboy, Clancy gets to channel some Deadlands, so I made it my ogre replacement on the summoning chart. BTW hairless bears are pretty scary looking - google one up.

https://i.imgur.com/MYRbFOU.png

Montgomery's bolts paved the way for Saito to do his thing - the fellow playing Rev. Hartell (Chris, I think), did a great job rolling your combat hits and damage while having a fairly rough time with his own character.

Hendell
February 20th, 2017, 04:31
We worked together well that night and it dawned on me a deflection buff plus wild attack is a good combo for Saito. a regular success will cancel out the negatives but if I can get a raise on it he will still be getting a positive buff on it.
I am working on a few more combo's for the group but I need to get the power points taken care of first.

BDaniel
February 20th, 2017, 05:48
I would like to thank you all for picking up on my slack and taking care of Saito. I would prefer not to leave you all in a lurch but a buddy of mine was retiring after 24 years of service and I had to be there.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 20th, 2017, 12:35
Brian,

Fully understand that! It was fun to play Saito, and I'll likely work on doing my own version of Father Hartell (one who isn't as old, and a little more spry) :) It's hard for the good Reverend to climb over things when his Arthritis flairs up!

Chris

BDaniel
February 20th, 2017, 18:37
Brian,

Fully understand that! It was fun to play Saito, and I'll likely work on doing my own version of Father Hartell (one who isn't as old, and a little more spry) :) It's hard for the good Reverend to climb over things when his Arthritis flairs up!

Chris

Chris,
From the good father's portrait, it looks like he could also shed a few pounds. Maybe some P90X would be in order for the padre.

Talen
February 23rd, 2017, 17:48
There is a new server alias in the calendar as a result of my moving to a new pc. I have the server up now and will keep it up if anyone cares to download in advance of the game. I think I've worked the kinks out, but if anyone has time to test it out, please give a shout.
For this Saturday (2/25) there is a slight chance I will need to cancel/reschedule for my son's birthday (looks like we are celebrating Friday instead of Saturday so should be good). If that changes, I'll let you all know-otherwise assume we are on!

EDIT:Game is confirmed for Saturday - no conflict!

Topdecker
February 26th, 2017, 05:06
Another fun session, thanks Talen! Teamwork is really factoring in now - taking out that big group at the end without getting into any major trouble was really nice. Sallie's lasting entangle really kept the super dangerous foes from swarming us - that and the defensive buffs that were dropped were key, I think

We heard the lycans approaching and took up a defensive position behind buffed melee specialists. It was nice to be able to get tactical.
https://i.imgur.com/TkaU2kg.jpg

Somehow the two Old Worlder's managed to absorb at lot of attacks AND survived through the entire blitz through the castle! I had them pegged as red-shirts that would drop during the first encounter... Anyhow, this started with a lot of AOE or multi-target attacks that kept our enemies delayed or under-control well enough for us to win in what amount to a large coffin brawl.
https://i.imgur.com/bWWWrrP.png

It was a good time :)

Ellspeth
February 26th, 2017, 11:19
18052 As you can see this is the same as Top's last screenshot, a few minutes later. Sallie, realizing the numbers they were against, and remembering seeing another passage to the south whispered to Saito to follow her, thinking to get the drop on them and get them in crossfire, as well as blocking any retreat they may have or means of circling back on US. Montgomery was duly concerned that they could get in trouble and be out of the reach of the aid of others,but Sallie and her brash Western attitude shrugged it off, took off with Saito right behind her. She was able to drop her lariat around the 3 lycanthropes before anyone knew of their presence, then Clancy hit them with a knock back, which bought us the time we needed to pick them off as they broke free or recovered.
During the fight in the castle we have killed 8 or so vampires a like number of lycanthropes, rescued Tara LaGrange, and found a few interesting artifacts. One was an old Bible in a wooden box, one of the arcanist said it reputed to have belonged to one of the 12 disciples of Jesus. After the last fight we found an odd looking lamp that had a slight glow to it, this Montgomery found fascinating, said he had read of them, and supposedly the lamp contained some kind of djinn. We collected ourselves and got the hell out of there before Dracula himself could return, having done the damage we had done to his forces we bought the locals some time to reorganize and defend themselves.

Ellspeth
March 12th, 2017, 03:22
My weekly screenshots, this one I had to. Two success in a row with a MINUS 6 due to him being invisible, first to spot him, then to hit em. Yeah these Europeans think they can get past the keen eyes of us Western gals. 18213

Topdecker
March 12th, 2017, 03:31
Indian Spirit Guardians, a Wild West Show Shootist, an ordained priest, a slightly mad scientist and an samurai lugging around a bag of heads... Oh, and an invisible man and an old cowboy!

Most of us were here to help out Nikola Tesla

https://i.imgur.com/nSSjB6F.png

We battled a hungry giant sewer croc as a warm up. Having a good time!

Topdecker
March 18th, 2017, 03:26
We up or down this weekend? I suspect that I missed an announcement during our last session :)

BDaniel
March 18th, 2017, 03:29
We up or down this weekend? I suspect that I missed an announcement during our last session :)

I think we are a "GO". I have heard nothing to the contrary but the calendar does not have a game scheduled.

Talen
March 18th, 2017, 13:28
Sorry, I didn't update the calendar - Game is on!
(Calendar updated now)

Topdecker
March 19th, 2017, 03:22
We finished up today's adventure with treasure map for a personal quest for Saito, our samurai, to acquire a monster slaying weapon. Since he has broken his own weapon, this seemed like an important side-quest and we have a map to foreshadow the next part of of our adventures...

https://i.imgur.com/NdUQkC4.png

Talen
March 19th, 2017, 11:50
Hendell, Is this the global effect mod you were referring to? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34334-Expanded-effects-and-modifiers-module

Ellspeth
March 19th, 2017, 13:44
Earning my bennies. 1827518276 The first one is the very beginning of the night's only combat, the second one is after Saito whirled through like a bladed killing machine. But the screenshot was because at this point it became a dramatic task to disarm the explosives attached to the obelisk. Not ONE PC had the requisite skill, all done on unskilled rolls and damned if they didn't succeed. Once in a while the dice Gods smile.

Hendell
March 19th, 2017, 15:35
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34202-SW-Global-Effects-extension

Here is the global effect extension.

I would grab that effects module as well because it adds more to the table in game, as well as it is a good guide for making your own.

BDaniel
March 20th, 2017, 00:10
Hello Rippers,
So there was some discussion on building a lodge. First we will need to decide on a location but after that we need to look at how we can pool and spend our lodge points. Right now I think we each should have have 3 to 4 lodge points. Pooled together this should give us approx. 15- 20 points. I recommend if we have only 15 pts, at a minimum, we build a lodge with a level 4 status (10 point cost). This will give us a +1 Modifier: Dining& Meeting Room, Sleeping quarters for 16, Library, and Ripper lab. In addition we take 2 edges Hidden, and Purpose Built (gives an additional +1 Modifier but only can be taken at rank 1). This will be a total of 14 LPs.
If we have 20 LP’s I recommend we take it to lvl 5 (gives us the addition of a workshop and +2 mod) and get the edges above. For a total expenditure of 19 LPs.

So I put it out there. What are your thought? I think we can pretty much hammer out what we will build here on the forums.
Location: I vote for a Far East Lodge (Hong Kong or Shanghi). I do not know if there are any in the Far East. Or build one in Western Europe.

Talen: I am not sure where we should be at for lodge points Do we get 1 for seasoned rank and then 1 thereafter for each advance?

SF
BDaniel

BDaniel
March 20th, 2017, 00:16
Earning my bennies. 1827518276 The first one is the very beginning of the night's only combat, the second one is after Saito whirled through like a bladed killing machine. But the screenshot was because at this point it became a dramatic task to disarm the explosives attached to the obelisk. Not ONE PC had the requisite skill, all done on unskilled rolls and damned if they didn't succeed. Once in a while the dice Gods smile.

Saito is learning, every time Sally says "Lets split the group and come on Saito follow me". It will likely end up Saito fighting for his life.:)

Ellspeth
March 20th, 2017, 02:23
Well Saito tis hardly our fault if the old guy, the guy with the bad leg, and the chubby priest have trouble keeping up now is it? But you should be careful, Sallie is quite likely to get us both killed. But it is because she has absolute confidence that you can out fight anything we find.
After last night's discussion I think it is certain we are going to go with a lodge, question now is mostly where. I like the Far East, I haven't checked much on lodges there, but here is my reasoning.
Part of Sallie's back story is her Zen training with the Buddhist monk she met in the traveling West show she has taken cover with. Talen had been asking us to suggest tie ins. Since we are on our way to Japan, I think Sallie, with GM agreement will receive a disturbing telegram from her old teacher with references only she understands telling her he has returned to his monastery in Tibet or China, it is under attack again from the elements he had told her about. He knows she is a Ripper and is asking if she has connections in that part of the world could she telegram them and ask them to contact his monastery.
I hadn't thought it out in more detail, nor have had a chance to discuss it with Talen, just current events suggested the possibility so I thought I woud toss it out there.

Talen
March 20th, 2017, 02:45
I do like the tie in - and we haven't explored that part of the world yet so that will be a way to introduce some new beasties.

Topdecker
March 20th, 2017, 03:25
Perhaps a lodge on Socotra? We'd be poised for action into Africa, SE Med, Arabia, the Ottoman Empire, and points eastward towards the Indian Ocean. It has been described as "the most alien-looking place on Earth."

Anyhow, it was the most neutral place I could cook up between the east and the west...

BDaniel
March 20th, 2017, 04:40
Perhaps a lodge on Socotra? We'd be poised for action into Africa, SE Med, Arabia, the Ottoman Empire, and points eastward towards the Indian Ocean. It has been described as "the most alien-looking place on Earth."

Anyhow, it was the most neutral place I could cook up between the east and the west...

Top,
I have to admit. I had to use google-fu on Socotra. I agree with Tops line of thinking. Where east meets west should be the location and I think Istanbul/Constantinople would be ideal. A ancient city that has been the cross roads of Europe and Asia for centuries.

Topdecker
March 20th, 2017, 05:09
Even better, I like it. Plenty of ancient history, a blend of cultures, and a lot to recommend it.

Ellspeth
March 20th, 2017, 20:45
I like Istanbul, Damascus is another I would enjoy, Baghdad, any along the Fertile Crescent would work as well. Also I can do the backstory for Sallie, and provide the details for her Zen instructor, you want that posted here, or should I just send it to you? I do try to be brief. :)

BDaniel
March 20th, 2017, 21:33
I like Istanbul, Damascus is another I would enjoy, Baghdad, any along the Fertile Crescent would work as well. Also I can do the backstory for Sallie, and provide the details for her Zen instructor, you want that posted here, or should I just send it to you? I do try to be brief. :)

I think Istanbul would fit the best bill due to geolocation (ease of access to Europe and Asia via rail and sea, and the north and east coast of Africa by sea), it also has great historical significance in world history and is a ancient city. Which will likely make it a hotbed for Cabal activity for the aforementioned reasons. I feel Baghdad would be a no go...it is a fecal matter collection hole and that is the nicest way I can say it.

Talen
March 21st, 2017, 02:09
Feel free to post here or email me depending on whether there are any slow reveals involved.

Topdecker
March 26th, 2017, 04:35
Our lodge.... Here is my proposed bid. Feel free to submit your own or make suggestions. (Note that I thought that edges cost one when they in fact cost 2, so this list is much different from what I provide earlier).

First, we came to a total of 34 lodge points available to us. With that, we can build...

Level 7 lodge (28 points to acquire). This allows us to buy 7 lodge edges, which cost 2 lodge points each. I have reviewed the lodge tables and feel like ascending to level 10 as quickly as possible is in our best interests. Getting Lodge bennies (lvl 9) and adding +2 damage to Trademark weapons (lvl 10) will make huge differences in our survivability and damage output.

A level 7 lodge comes with the following default rooms/facilities:

Dining Room (Food improves with rank, probably a good restaurant quality meal at this level)
Meeting Room (Has telegraph links all over the host city and local region - +5 to social interactions when conducting business within the lodge)
Sleeping Quarters (Bunks for 28)
Library (Investigation via research roll bonus of +3 currently)
Ripper Lab (Extracts and implants can be created, knowledge (rippertech) rolls at +3)
Workshop (+3 to repair rolls, including vehicles)
Garage (Room for 1 vehicles and 8 horses)
Gynmasium (you consider your strength and agility at one die higher for the purpose of purchasing linked skills)

https://i.imgur.com/NsCf8a8.png

Lodge Edges (each costing 2 lodge points):

Purpose Built: the modifier column on the table above has +1
Hidden (all attempts to track, scry, detect, or otherwise find a lodge or member in the lodge is at -4)
Secure Access (Requires an amulet AND a secret word - triggers a silent notification to members)
Defenses (giga-volt electro-shock metal doors with 4' arc 3d6 damage, outer door ignores amulet wearers while inner door does not, donated by Tesla)

I sort of envision our lodge members are inducted and given an amulet and told the password. The amulets are part of the secure access system, being needed to enter the lodge AND the receiver for small shock warning that an unauthorized access is underway. We'll stash a handful of spare amulets in a lockbox or something - so we can reenter if we somehow lose the amulets.

That gymnasium, the peak of our lodge-tech, is really nice and has arrived just in time, in my opinion. It lets everyone get better fighting or shooting without an investment in agility. You buy the 2 for 1 skill advancement for both and enjoy the benefits.

I suggest that the lodge itself is below what had once been the fortifications of an old castle and has access to water. This will let us build a facade above if we are so inclined. Our vehicle can be a boat or sub or maybe a powered airship like a dirigible. Next lodge level we can add another vehicle.

WANT LIST:
Public Facade: Casino or other business (each ripper earns an extra 3 pounds a month)
Chapel (holy water production)
Secure Cells (2 cells with a toughness 18)

Messing with a dining room layout... A well stocked bar seems like a necessary part of dining :)

https://i.imgur.com/vwK3mww.png

Ellspeth
March 26th, 2017, 12:07
18361 18362 18363 Last night's combat, the first two are the start and end of one battle, the third is the beginning of the battle to save the boy we were asked to rescue by the old Japanese guy Saito was talking to. Saito recovered a family heirlook sword that had been missing several hundred years. And I ended the game still holding 5 bennies, I love my rope tricks.

Talen
March 26th, 2017, 12:41
Top. Love the thoughts on the lodge and the map is looking beautiful.

One item for you all to consider - your offensive capabilities are really blending nicely and you are tearing through enemies. I dont want everyone to lose sight of individual toughness and parry defenses as enemies power levels start to creep up as well.

Topdecker
March 26th, 2017, 16:06
Talen -

I am going to go for...

Edge: Champion
Requirements: Novice, Arcane Background (Miracles), Spirit d8+, Strength d6+, Vigor d8+, Faith d6+, Fighting d8+

Champions are holy (or unholy) men and women chosen to fight for a particular deity or religion. Most are pious souls ready and willing to lay down their lives for a greater cause, but some may have been born into the role and follow their path with some reluctance.

Champions fight the forces of darkness (or good). They add +2 damage when attacking supernaturally evil (or good) creatures, and have +2 Toughness when suffering damage from supernaturally evil (or good) sources, including arcane powers and the weapons, claws, teeth, etc., of such creatures.

I will get d8 Vigor for an early toughness boost and then will have to wait for 60xp to get Spirt d8 and then finally at 65xp can get the CHAMPION edge.

So my build route probably is...

45: d12 Shooting - d10 fighting
50: Brawny (toughness 6, improved carry capacity, armor increase)
55: Vigor d8 (toughness 7)
60: Spirit d8
65: Champion (toughness 9 vs evil bastages, +2 to damage)
70: Trademark Weapon
75: Two-fisted
80: Trademark Weapon

You will note that it is tilted towards survival early, and then takes an aggressive tact. Trademark weapon + the champion bonus is going to be blistering. I will probably need to move to a 2-gun fighting style in order to take full advantage of it, hence the pair of Trademark Weapons.

Also, once I get Brawny, I should be able to go armor-heavy and probably will. I had sort of planned this route out earlier WITHOUT Arcane - Miracles but it seemed like picking up the ability to summon mooks to help us out was going to lend some much needed damage soaking.

BDaniel
March 26th, 2017, 16:23
Our lodge.... Here is my proposed bid. Feel free to submit your own or make suggestions. (Note that I thought that edges cost one when they in fact cost 2, so this list is much different from what I provide earlier).

First, we came to a total of 34 lodge points available to us. With that, we can build...

Level 7 lodge (28 points to acquire). This allows us to buy 7 lodge edges, which cost 2 lodge points each. I have reviewed the lodge tables and feel like ascending to level 10 as quickly as possible is in our best interests. Getting Lodge bennies (lvl 9) and adding +2 damage to Trademark weapons (lvl 10) will make huge differences in our survivability and damage output.

A level 7 lodge comes with the following default rooms/facilities:

Dining Room (Food improves with rank, probably a good restaurant quality meal at this level)
Meeting Room (Has telegraph links all over the host city and local region - +5 to social interactions when conducting business within the lodge)
Sleeping Quarters (Bunks for 28)
Library (Investigation via research roll bonus of +3 currently)
Ripper Lab (Extracts and implants can be created, knowledge (rippertech) rolls at +3)
Workshop (+3 to repair rolls, including vehicles)
Garage (Room for 1 vehicles and 8 horses)
Gynmasium (you consider your strength and agility at one die higher for the purpose of purchasing linked skills)

Lodge Edges (each costing 2 lodge points):

Purpose Built: the modifier column on the table above has +1
Hidden (all attempts to track, scry, detect, or otherwise find a lodge or member in the lodge is at -4)
Secure Access (Requires an amulet AND a secret word - triggers a silent notification to members)
Defenses (giga-volt electro-shock metal doors with 4' arc 3d6 damage, outer door ignores amulet wearers while inner door does not, donated by Tesla)

I sort of envision our lodge members are inducted and given an amulet and told the password. The amulets are part of the secure access system, being needed to enter the lodge AND the receiver for small shock warning that an unauthorized access is underway. We'll stash a handful of spare amulets in a lockbox or something - so we can reenter if we somehow lose the amulets.

That gymnasium, the peak of our lodge-tech, is really nice and has arrived just in time, in my opinion. It lets everyone get better fighting or shooting without an investment in agility. You buy the 2 for 1 skill advancement for both and enjoy the benefits.

I suggest that the lodge itself is below what had once been the fortifications of an old castle and has access to water. This will let us build a facade above if we are so inclined. Our vehicle can be a boat or sub or maybe a powered airship like a dirigible. Next lodge level we can add another vehicle.

WANT LIST:
Public Facade: Casino or other business (each ripper earns an extra 3 pounds a month)
Chapel (holy water production)
Secure Cells (2 cells with a toughness 18)

Messing with a dining room layout... A well stocked bar seems like a necessary part of dining :)

Top and All,
I thought we had a total of 32 points...not counting the 6ish or there abouts Gunbunny's character has. Saito 8, Clancy 9, Monty 7, Sallie 8, and Gunbunny's character 6 ish, on the low end.

I think going to status 7 is the correct COA. I also think the edges are right on point. Reading about defenses though...I think we can expand on Tesla, where we have Tesla coil's throughout the facility. Using the bolt power with lighting trappings. My interpretation of the defense edge would allow this to be possible and the coil would fire once per round at anyone not wearing an amulet for 3d6 lighting bolt, if the alarm is tripped.

Defenses Can be chosen more than once. Ripper lodges can be equipped with defenses to protect against unwanted intrusion. These defenses are actually powers the lodge has access to in case of attack. The Rippers must choose what Trappings each uses when they install the defenses.
These could range from repeating cannons (for the blast power), to traps or cages (for entangle), to a holy blessing (causing fear in Cabal attackers). If the lodge has the Secure Access Edge, defenses are automatically triggered when the lodge is attacked. Otherwise, the Rippers must be present to activate their defenses. If a skill die is required for the power, the lodge uses d6 and applies its Modifier.

On our edge wish list. I think a Dissecting Room and Specialist Research (Ripper tech) should top our edge wish list. This would allow Monty to research and develop new Ripper Tech/extracts that could/would be beneficial to us all. I would also go for the mystical location edge +2 PP may not be a lot but when you are down to your last 2 to keep a buff going it may make a difference. It will also benefit all of us since we all are power users.

Like Top said we need to drive onward to a status 10 lodge to gain an armory.

Topdecker
March 26th, 2017, 17:56
If we were at 32 points, then we will have to live without the secure access until we get 2 more points. I'd like the lodge to be fairly secure while we are away, but since it is new, hopefully it isn't on a seek and destroy list for a little while. I'd much rather put the 2 points in that than worry about advancing the lodge - we need to protect our investment. We came from a lodge that seemed to have internal security problems and our lodge will have a heightened concern for being breached and raided.

We should have a really, really good local network of communications inside the city limits as well as an expansive radius around Istanbul. If something hinky happens inside our communications network, we should learn of it fairly quickly. The communications network should continue to grow as our lodge gains levels. Anyhow, the hope here is that we learn of opposition forces in our area before they can gain operational knowledge - that we can strike first. I don't want to speak for everyone, but maybe we should briefly focus on purging the surrounding region of threats and that we should be relentless in our pursuit of established organizations until the locals are no longer harassed and preyed upon by the forces of evil. It will lend to the security of our lodge and it will hopefully endear the local populace to us.

I am also a bit concerned about the lack of investigative talents. We need a good investigator, especially now that the lodge helps with investigative leads. For instance, I would like someone to investigate the Istanbul regional crime syndicates, law enforcement and judicial system for corruption - and if found, we would clean up what we can. Again, we're working from lessons learned. As it stands, we'll have to roll unskilled and hope that the lodge mods (+3) are sufficient. Granver is missed.

BDaniel
March 26th, 2017, 19:07
Top,
Concur with your assessment of the situation and COA. I would say we may want to stay out of the local political arena, unless it has a direct bearing on our primary mission against the Cabal.

As for the need for a investigative archetype within our merry little band, we definitely need this skill set among some others (repair). Gunbunny (Chris) will be retiring the good padre and I think we will see a civil war vet, who worked building the railroad and possibly with the Pinkertons (I have some insight since he built his new character on my server and exported it). From what I understand his new character has an explosive personality. :). I think his character will come, at a minimum, with 6 lodge points. Which will take us to 38 total as a group.

This will allow us to build the Lvl 7 Lodge , with the 4 edges you mentioned in your post....which I think we should get up front. The question I guess what additional edges can give our group the greatest cost/benefit. Like I posted previously our edge wish list should include Mystical Location, Dissecting Room, Specialist Research (Ripper tech).

SF
BDaniel

Topdecker
March 26th, 2017, 20:46
I am about done enough with the dining area....

https://i.imgur.com/dQnNZsJ.jpg

I think that I will move on to the library.

BDaniel
March 26th, 2017, 22:36
Looks fantastic Top. I thought Monty requested the Rippers lab adjacent to the kitchen, I personally think this is a bad idea. No telling what Monty would cook up for us to eat. I know you are pretty much done with it, but a nice fireplace and a few sitting chairs along the south wall would be a nice touch. Kind of a smoking/drinking area for after a big meal, you know a Bourbon and a cigar or for our more gentlemanly types brandy and a pipe.

Topdecker
March 26th, 2017, 23:22
Brian -

I guess that it is implied that the lodge will get visitors - largely from fellow Rippers, but from researchers, holy men, and others. There is also the staffing considerations... Cooks, waiters, barkeeps, cleaning staff, liverymen, facilities maintenance, telegraph operators, librarians, laundry.... Well, you get the idea. There lodge will be riddled with a myriad of ways for someone to gleam information about it.

Here is the planned grouping of lodge locations...

PUBLIC (areas accessed by other Ripper lodge member and those that we might invite inside)
Dining Room
Meeting Room (open room, closed war room with telegraph/communications operators)
Library
Member's lounge (currently unpurchased). This is sort of what you were referencing.
Chapel (unpurchased)
Reliquary (unpurchased - draws visitors)

SEMI-PRIVATE (situations might require us to reveal these locations, especially the garage)
Workshop
Garage
Armory (not yet built)
Training room (not yet built)
Holding Cells (not available - wanted to avoid placing cells in the inner sanctum)

INNER SANCTUM Should be for lodge members only
Sleeping Quarters
Ripper Lab
Gymnasium
Surgery (not yet available)
Sanatorium (not yet available)

I am trying to use an onion approach for secrecy... Our public areas should be difficult to learn about but the more visitors we get the greater the likelihood of a leak, the semi-private area more difficult, and the inner sanctum would require a traitor scenario.

I can see good reasons to make the Armory part of the inner sanctum and the likely need for the surgery section to be in the semi-private area.

Hendell
March 26th, 2017, 23:51
No, I was going to use the kitchen as the Ripper Lab. Multi purpose room. Besides....what could happen.

Topdecker
March 27th, 2017, 00:54
No, I was going to use the kitchen as the Ripper Lab. Multi purpose room. Besides....what could happen.

I _did_ leave an especially bloody looking table in the kitchen for you

Hendell
March 27th, 2017, 01:36
Maps are looking good Top, which set are you using in CC3+?

Hendell
March 27th, 2017, 02:06
Another extension you guys running games may want to check out.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37453-Extension-for-an-character-sheet-tab-for-advancements

Topdecker
March 27th, 2017, 03:57
Hendell -

Almost everything is sourced from the CSUAC-2 or Dunjinni Archives except the floors and doors. CC3+ layer effects help quite a bit.

I will scope out that extension.

Talen
March 27th, 2017, 13:38
Another extension you guys running games may want to check out.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37453-Extension-for-an-character-sheet-tab-for-advancements

Ill be sure to remember to load this when I get home. looks helpful.

Ellspeth
March 27th, 2017, 18:17
Wow I get busy a few days and look at you guys. Top the maps are awesome. Sallie will be most interested in the horses and stables, possibly a shooting range to improve her accuracy. One thing I may just have missed and may not be available even but what about a smithy? I know Granver Stone is underwriting our silver bullets and silvered weapons, but currently he is based in London and it was our intention to go with Istanbul or nearby? A proper smith could tend our horses needs as well. Just a thought. Damn those cowgirls eh?

Topdecker
March 27th, 2017, 18:40
At some point, we will need to determine exactly who is running the lodge. I am a tactical type and leading/planning might not be something Clancy would suffer well. Honestly, I would be ok with an NPC running the daily affairs, just as long as they act on our wants/needs. Maybe Chris' face-capable character?

Ell, the lodge will have a workshop. The range I would presume would be part of the training room, which we don't yet have. We'll be sure to place it acoustically near the holding cells - no point in anyone being comfortable while being held.

BDaniel
March 27th, 2017, 22:47
At some point, we will need to determine exactly who is running the lodge. I am a tactical type and leading/planning might not be something Clancy would suffer well. Honestly, I would be ok with an NPC running the daily affairs, just as long as they act on our wants/needs. Maybe Chris' face-capable character?

Ell, the lodge will have a workshop. The range I would presume would be part of the training room, which we don't yet have. We'll be sure to place it acoustically near the holding cells - no point in anyone being comfortable while being held.

I'm kind of with Top on this one. Saito would not do very well running lodge affairs. However Saito would be good at interior decoration. I think his head collection would look very nice displayed throughout the lodge.

GunbunnyFuFu
March 27th, 2017, 23:05
They certainly would be conversation pieces!!

Talen
March 28th, 2017, 18:34
Absent contrary dire5vtion from the group, I'm assuming this saturday the team will be taking a trip to istanbul to scout out a proper lodge location.

BDaniel
March 28th, 2017, 23:23
Absent contrary dire5vtion from the group, I'm assuming this saturday the team will be taking a trip to istanbul to scout out a proper lodge location.

I think that would be a correct assumption...unless anyone has objections.

Topdecker
April 2nd, 2017, 03:09
The tiny ship was tossed!

Saito had visions of his own death, Sallie blew her supply of bennies, but the fishmen were repulsed and we learned what had angered them

https://i.imgur.com/kG14iFk.pngNi

Another fun night of ripping for Montgomery - he likes to see new entities falling so they can be harvested and this was our first run in with deep sea dwellers.

BDaniel
April 2nd, 2017, 03:57
Though not Easter yet, our merry little group conducted a egg hunt. Seems the Fishheads lost an egg and wanted it back. We discovered a fisherman found the egg and while on the way to the temple was waylay-ed by a rich merchants thugs and the egg taken. We made our way to the merchants house at an attempt to retrieve the egg. When negotiations failed, we moved to aggressive negotiations. A minor altercation ensued and we were able to acquire the missing egg. Now we must rush back to town in order to save an innocent fisherman.

Ellspeth
April 2nd, 2017, 12:50
These screen grabs are in the midst of the sea battle, and then the nasty little fight we have to get through to get the egg back.
And a last shot of the work we did on our own lodge between the nasties.

Talen
April 15th, 2017, 14:48
All sorts of updates this week to FG, TS, extensions and even my modem and router. Everything should be ok, but I have the server up if anyone wants to get the load out of the way and test things out.

Ellspeth
April 16th, 2017, 02:33
Resolving the issues in Okinawa to the satisfaction of everyone but the Noble we killed, we travel to Constantinople to start searching for property to build out own lodge. 18574. Bit of a tussle when an enemy of the man we were talking to about finding a bit of property in the souk decided to interfere. 18575 When the GM thinks we would run, but hell we have a Saito.

BDaniel
April 16th, 2017, 03:15
Resolving the issues in Okinawa to the satisfaction of everyone but the Noble we killed, we travel to Constantinople to start searching for property to build out own lodge. 18574. Bit of a tussle when an enemy of the man we were talking to about finding a bit of property in the souk decided to interfere. 18575 When the GM thinks we would run, but hell we have a Saito.

Saito was fighting a delaying action in order to allow the party time to escape Mr. Giant Worm. He had gotten lucky and the worm missed....which would have swallowed Saito in one bite if he had hit (d12+d10+10 damage). A certain recipe to 1 shot a PC. Also thanks to adventure card (Clancy), Saito would had fallen before the worm even showed up.

Topdecker
April 16th, 2017, 03:19
A bit earlier, we'd made our introductions with certain business elements and the thugs of their competitors

https://i.imgur.com/2P93QiQ.png

Montgomery made sure that our business contact got a good show. Nary a shot was fired.

Ellspeth
April 16th, 2017, 03:50
Well Sallie isn't pleased the one guy dying splattered blood on her gorgeous new Turkish caftan. The merchant is the souk was so sweet to give it to her as a gift.

JohnD
April 16th, 2017, 05:06
This looks like a really interesting game.

Talen
April 16th, 2017, 13:15
This has been a fun setting to run - I'd highly recommend it to anyone on the fence about it. We were very London based originally, but the Rippers have been exploring the world of late, heading to Constantinople, Japan, and the U.S. in their recent travels. This latest encounter - while not at all what I thought it would be, may have been my favorite with the battle with the great desert worm.

....they should all be dead ....*gm shakes his head in disgust.*

Topdecker
April 16th, 2017, 14:08
Yeah, I was climbing to the top of the cliff like life-depended upon it, taking down the shooters as I went... Meanwhile Saito went all human buzzsaw on the massive wurm (or maybe wyrm - way too big to be just a worm) and I ended up feeling like an overly worried school marm.

BDaniel
April 16th, 2017, 15:37
Yeah, I was climbing to the top of the cliff like life-depended upon it, taking down the shooters as I went... Meanwhile Saito went all human buzzsaw on the massive wurm (or maybe wyrm - way too big to be just a worm) and I ended up feeling like an overly worried school marm.

Saito failed to pay attention when the gentleman briefed the group about dangers in the desert we should run away from. Luck was really on our side during the fight with the wurm, wyrm or worm.

Ellspeth
April 16th, 2017, 16:53
Passing thought gentlemen. We are told there are many of these beasts in that patch of desert between the souk and the larger community and the location we have decided on for our Lodge. It is a bit of a comfort to know any approaching us from that direction will have to get past them as well. I wonder if they can be communicated with and directed? What an army that would make, within their territory.

BDaniel
April 22nd, 2017, 19:23
Passing thought gentlemen. We are told there are many of these beasts in that patch of desert between the souk and the larger community and the location we have decided on for our Lodge. It is a bit of a comfort to know any approaching us from that direction will have to get past them as well. I wonder if they can be communicated with and directed? What an army that would make, within their territory.

Giant worm habitat may be great for an army but think of what size fish we can catch with them as bait.

Talen
April 22nd, 2017, 22:25
Despite what I said last week ,we will be running in LIVE and not TEST today. I havent had an opportunity to play with test too much this week

Topdecker
April 23rd, 2017, 05:25
It was mostly a shopping night with some info gathering in good ol' Constantinople. We got the sense that we were being watched, but no matter what I did, we could not detect the lurker. It might have been someone watching from afar with magic :(

We started looking for the Library of Light and the next thing you know we're breaking into a Sultan's palace (he and his were away). We manage to get inside undetected only be to jumped by an evil nemesis of sorts....

https://i.imgur.com/NYR0xzR.png

There was some dynamite tossed about which was a bit of a worry - but it exploderized(TM) one of the mooks. We summoned in some help in the form of the Palace guards and Saito went wifu, climbing the walls with ease, and then booted the bad guy off the ledge and onto the floor below - a trip he did not survive.

We've got enough lodge points to take the lodge to level 8. It will not take long to get to level 9 - and then we'll have lodge bennies to help us out.

Enjoy Jamaica, Talen - be as Bob Marleyish as you want :)

Topdecker
April 25th, 2017, 03:33
East Texas University, the entire shooting match for a saw-buck.... At the Bundle Of Holding site. (https://bundleofholding.com/presents/EastTexasU)

I owned zero pieces of ETU, so it seemed like a deal :)

Ellspeth
May 5th, 2017, 22:15
Sorry guys I didn't get a post in this last few weeks, I'll have to forfeit the extra bennie and hide behind Saito a lot. Talen did you want to run in test this week? I ask because I am working in test and because of a difference in extensions as well switching back and forth can be a bit of a pain. However if it would inconvenience the others I'll try to remember to do the switch back before I log in. :)

Talen
May 6th, 2017, 17:23
We will be going with the public version and not Test. In playing with test tehre were sound issues and a couple extension issues I couldn't work through so I went back to the public version.

Ellspeth
May 7th, 2017, 03:22
Sheesh what a night, Sallie never stood a chance. As soon as Tristan touched that box all hell was unleashed. Four of them were on Sallie and took her down without her ever getting a chance to strike at all. But in the end the guys were victorious it was a hard fought battle. Saito turned into a whirling berserker of bladed death when Sallie went down. Old Monty took down the djinn with his first strike with those dang bolts of his (to the GM's dismay and gave him his first chance to use a new house rule, GM gets adventure cards, the djinn would be back in a few rounds). Clancy with some fancy teleportation tricks managed to mangle that one by dropping them both to the floor a few times. The battle went on most of the session. Monty managed to drag Sallie away from devouring zombies muttering about usable parts as he did so, before rejoining the fight. The second djinn escaped but they have his lamp.
I did notice the screenshot didn't include the Codus to Sallie's will so I will not it here ;Monty if you take any part of me I will come back and haunt you I promise. For such a brutal fight it was pretty hilarious over all.

NicholasDM
May 7th, 2017, 04:11
Sounds like a good, fun game.

BDaniel
May 7th, 2017, 14:48
It was a bloody night for the Rippers. Sallie's early trip to boothill was the inspiration needed by the Rippers to fight ferociously. Trystain throwing dynamite into the Zombie onslaught painted a macabre scene. After Monty sent the Djinn to grass with an powerful bolt, he supported the group from afar while dragging Sallie's lifeless body into a corridor, saving her from the ravenous zombie horde. Not to mention checking her for and bits that may be useful in some of his concoctions. Clancy, atop a pillar wreaked to the zombie onslaught casting them all about the room and then he brought in his hot friend to lend support. Finally Clancy took on the Djinn's reincarnation in single combat using teleportation to gain elevation and promptly dropping the Djinn on his head, which caused the Djinn to flee. Saito turned into a bladed tornado cutting a swath through the zombie horde. Against the all odds the Ripper's were able to survive the encounter with only one of there number falling, they were also able to claim the Sultan's Prize. They must now discover the secret of the Sultan's Prize and then the library of light will be within their grasp.
(OOC) Ellspeth it is up to you if you wish bring Sallie back or play Esmerelda. (IC) Saito would attempt to bring Sallie back if there were a way to do so.

@NicholasDM To answer your question. Fun doesn't even begin to describe this campaign. Talens great work as a GM and the groups dynamic takes this campaign to another level of enjoyment..

Topdecker
May 7th, 2017, 15:37
The fight here opened up when Trystan touched the box in the center of the pillars. Montie got to act first and took the Djinn temporarily out of the fight and was able to move towards the exit.

Montie and Sallie where to the rear very near the doors, but the zombies flooded out very close to their locations and Sallie never got an action before 4 zombies were upon her :hurt:. With the gang-up bonus, the extra die from a raise exploded and almost took her down. Then another got ahold of her and she went down under the mass of zombies.

Trystan was surrounded with a dozen or so undead very near him and Clancy knocked the horde bearing down on him around and on the ground, giving Trystan a good chance to break free and run - which is what he did assisted by a TNT toss which took a pair of zombies down.

Saito, seeing Sallie go down and filling with bloody rage, cut down those surrounding him and killed the 4 that had laid Sallie low. Montie pulled her body away from the combat while the other rippers went to work on the gradually shrinking but still very dangerous horde of zombies. Trystan's TNT and Saito's blade thinned the ranks quickly while a summoned Fire Elemental took down 3 or 4.

Just as it was clear that the zombies were losing, the Djinn returned and joined Clancy on the pillar and tried to skewer the old cowboy on his scimitar. Clancy narrowly dodged and a surprise body tackle carried the kicking and biting Clancy and the Djinn the 20' feet to the floor below. Zombies swarmed Clancy while Siato and Montie took the undead down.

The fight finished when Clancy teleported himself - still grappling the Djinn - 20' feet above the pillar. Clancy landed on the pillar while the Djinn crashed heavily to the floor for a 40' drop. The Djinn, seeing that the tides had turned and the grim looks of determination and the desire to do terrible violence on the faces of the rippers, fled the battlefield and the fight ended.

The huge number of blood-splats should give you an idea of what kind of fight it was - we were outnumbered 5:1 and the jinn was no joke either.
https://i.imgur.com/sX1KNNS.jpg

So now we have to decide if we pursue the Djinn (who was probably forced to guard that box) and try to get a wish out of him to bring back Sallie, use the Magic lamp we already own to see if we can bring her back, or simply honor her will and send her ashes back home.

Talen
May 7th, 2017, 18:28
A folded letter was found on Sallie's body in the aftermath of the battle to secure the Sultan's Prize and key to the Library of Light.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18868&stc=1&d=1494177877

Ellspeth
May 8th, 2017, 21:29
as you can see guys, I truly don't have a preference either way. Sallie is an awesome character, so is Esmeralda. If I understand correctly even if the djinn are able to bring Sallie back it would be a few sessions, and there will be consequences. So perhaps the decision is best role played in game as the price is made clear to the party? Also, aren't we about due for Clancy's portion of the quest? Maybe he can take Sallie's ashes back to Missouri in doing that.
Talen I did get Esmeralda leveled up to the party, except equipment.

Talen
May 8th, 2017, 21:44
If the group decides to bring sallie back, we can resolve fairly quickly so don't let that impact your decision. Also, while there will be consequences in making use of a djinni's wish, i would not have them change your character concept.....at the very least, not without talking to you first and getting your buy in. ....honestly, i dont have any preconceived notion on how to resolve either way so go with your preference and we'll make a story out of it.

The tie in either way with clancy is a great idea.

Ellspeth
May 8th, 2017, 22:43
I have no idea if there is a rule to cover this. Consider this, if the djinn tells them the only thing he could do was to take them back to the moment before the went down into the maze,which means they lose the key to the library of light? And they would have to fight that battle all over, if at all? See that is the kind of jerky stuff the djinn do, it amuses them.

BDaniel
May 8th, 2017, 23:03
That is not so bad. A buffed up flying Saito (quickness, deflection, armor, fly) could go grab the box and fly back out the entrance before all but the Djinn could get to him possibly. Once in the tunnels Trystain could already have rigged the passage to blow sealing off the Zombies and Djinn. Unless we do not remember the previous fight...then it could be bad.

Or maybe we get lucky and someone draws an action card that will force the Djinn to do our bidding.

Ellspeth
May 10th, 2017, 00:38
Well that would work assuming the djinn and his djinn humor didn't decide to return us to a point as if it had NEVER happened, i.e. no memory. Would also depend I imagine on which djinn, the one guarding it would see it as a chance to win after being defeated and djinn are notoriously tricksy. The djinn guardian would be just as bad as if he left memories of the fight, but changed the battle scene before we got there. And that is just one possible option. I suspect Talen is researching what djinn reputedly can and cannot do by now.

BDaniel
May 10th, 2017, 18:42
Well we shall see. He has 2 weeks to dream up a devious plot line. Saito will miss Sallie getting him into mischief. Famous last words" Let us split the party, Saito you come with me." Maybe this new Esmerelda lady will continue where Sallie left off.

BDaniel
May 21st, 2017, 03:39
Just a reminder to all. I will not be able to attend next week but feel free to use Saito as you see fit. Talen eluded to next week possibly including mass combat. I see we have at least 3 critical vulnerabilities. 1. we have no army, 2. I do not think any of our party has Knowledge: Battle (which is a deciding roll for mass combats), 3. All pile of obelisk to protect

So how do we mitigate our short falls? My suggestion are as follows.

1. Recruit allies (extas soldiers) through the Vatican , local constables, or military. I am sure we will need to use favors. The more the merrier because it gives us +/- to knowledge battle rolls depending on if we are the larger or smaller force.

2. Knowledge Battle: well we don't have this unless someone has an edge that can help. Raise/lower trait may be useful in this instance( esp with a raise). Not sure if you can raise or lower and unskilled knowledge Battle check but a d6-2 or a d8-2 is better and the d4-2.
Another factor would be our plan to defend. I would recommend a mobile defense. First narrow down what we have to defend (we already found that some of the obelisk are not actually Egyptian but replicas). Secure each true Egyptian Obelisk with a light force with prepared defenses (think sand bags), provide them with means of communication (signal flare...firework rockets of a specific color). Position at least 2 teams with Rippers and remaining soldiers to act as a quick reaction force, if a signal is sent, in a centralized location. They will move rapidly to reinforce and counter attack (speed is priority so we will need horses and wagons for our mobile reserve...more favors and or money). Rippers engaging directly in mass combat can turn the tide during each round and give +/- to the Knowledge Battle rolls. The Gm may give us some bonus for a well devised battle plan. Remember: If you defend everywhere, you defend nothing. Hence a mobile defense may be best. The light force, at each objective, main task is to signal reinforcements and delay the enemy until reinforcements arrive. The light force doesn't even have to be sitting directly on the obelisk if we can find them a advantageous position, that can be reinforced, where they can cover the obelisk by fire. Maybe throw up some obstacles to the obelisk or booby traps to impede their advance an gain time to the reinforcements to arrive..

3. Use favors or what ever we can to figure out the actual objectives from the fodder. This will allow us to consolidate and marshal our forces where needed to provide a stronger defense.

Last we need to read up on the mass combat rules and come up with ways to gain advantage for the upcoming fight.

Ellspeth
June 9th, 2017, 13:40
Any word yet on when the next session is scheduled?

GunbunnyFuFu
June 9th, 2017, 14:01
As Trystan is a skill monkey, I can certainly take Knowledge: Battle if that will help!

BDaniel
June 9th, 2017, 15:00
@Ellspeth, It has been quiet on the net. So I do not know if we are a go for this Saturday or not.
@ GunbunnyFuFu I was hoping you could be the guy to lead our little Army...if we can drum one up. Being you are not as combat oriented, making our group mass combat Knowledge: Battle rolls would be helpful and you would not chance being injured. The rest of us can make fighting, shooting, psionic rolls to bolster your knowledge battle. Also Clancy has the epiphany card which gives a d6 in a skill for a session.

Ellspeth
June 10th, 2017, 01:17
Tis summertime, always does damage to a gaming schedule bdaniel. I wonder what it's challenge rating would be? That's okay I can spend the day playing with some new software tools for creative projects if nothing goes on the schedule.
As for combat knowledge, I somehow don't think either Sallie or Esmeralda would lean that way. :)

Topdecker
June 10th, 2017, 01:48
It seems to have disappeared on the calendar :(

BDaniel
June 10th, 2017, 01:53
It seems to have disappeared on the calendar :(

Top,
I just checked and I still see you there.

Topdecker
June 10th, 2017, 02:47
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2226

When I go to the calendar, I don't see the game, but if you see it, I will chill out

Ellspeth
June 10th, 2017, 13:55
Heya Top, still nothing showing scheduled for the future which is why it isn't showing on the main calendar. This however is still up and accessible.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2226 I am guessing no game this week at least.

Talen
June 10th, 2017, 18:38
Sorry for the lack of updates...been travelling alot and still in Tampa today. I will schedule the next session when i get back and corm on my work caledar. Hoping for next sayurday if that works for all/most.

Ellspeth
June 10th, 2017, 18:47
No worries Talen, I did mention summer plays havoc with gaming. :) when you get back we will have to work of the CR for summer against a GM.

BDaniel
June 10th, 2017, 19:27
Sorry for the lack of updates...been travelling alot and still in Tampa today. I will schedule the next session when i get back and corm on my work caledar. Hoping for next sayurday if that works for all/most.

Talen,
What the heck. You mean you have a life? :p No worries brother, enjoy Tampa...it is hot down there. Sounds like margarita and pool time. Next Saturday will be good for me. It just gives us more time to plan and attempt to throw a monkey wrench into your plans.:)

GunbunnyFuFu
June 14th, 2017, 11:11
Next Saturday (the 17th) works well for me!

Topdecker
June 14th, 2017, 13:53
I am good for the 17th as well. FYI, I got no notifications about this thread being updated until Gunbunny posted... strange. Thanks for hopping in late, Chris :), it helped keep me in the loop.

Ellspeth
June 14th, 2017, 14:36
I am good for the 17th to, Father's Day isn't until the next day. Top I am assuming you have subscribed to the thread? My forum account it tied to my gmail so I get notifiers there whenever someone posts on this. It has been working on mine, maybe check your settings? Spam filters?

BDaniel
June 14th, 2017, 15:36
I am good for 17 June also.

Talen
June 28th, 2017, 10:28
So just a heads up in the event you have fallen out of the habit of checking the calendar with all of the cancelled game days of late ...
We are on this week!
I opened the server up for anyone that wants to connect and test connections....I'm sure some updates will be needed since last we played. ...I also need to find all the extension updates....
Looking forward to resuming the game after a bit of a hiatus!

Talen
June 29th, 2017, 16:16
Itching to get a game in again! Unrelated and for those that might be interested given some of the system similarities, the TORG kickstarter is winding down in the next 30 hours and might be of interest to some of you.

Topdecker
June 30th, 2017, 14:27
Torg... Wow, it sounds like a near-relative to Savage Worlds with the exploding dice and things similar to adventure cards. I just made the move to Savage Worlds would like to not learn another game system for at least 5 years. Must...maintain...discipline :)

Talen
June 30th, 2017, 15:22
Lol. I did pull the trigger since i never had the opportunity to play the original but loved the lore. I think the head guy at pinnacle (Shane Hensley) cut his teeth on the original TORG and is involved in this relaunch. If youre even remotely interested, the pdf players pack is a good deal. I did do the cargo box...

Talen
July 1st, 2017, 12:30
I am attempting to shake the rust off (first time running since the ruleset update). Ive been reluctant to load extensions because om not sure which ones are updated - so I put it out to you - what extensions would you like to make certain are loaded for tonite's session and are known to be current?

Topdecker
July 1st, 2017, 12:47
The problem is, that I don't know what you were using beyond the DOE sound extension. That one is tied to Fantasy Ground versions, so it doesn't care about Savage Worlds versioning - or shouldn't.

If you were using it (and I think you were), the SW Global Effects extension will need to be downloaded - a 4.4 version of it was released.

Ellspeth
July 2nd, 2017, 02:58
It was good to see everyone again after the long break, fun to start out with our first mass battle. Probably enjoyed it way more since we were so amazingly GOOD. As promised, lest anyone for get where we left off, what we walk into next session?19634. A picture is worth a thousand words, we have plenty of time to prepare LOL.

BDaniel
July 2nd, 2017, 15:56
So the player in me says we should run from this fight but..... the vampire hunting Samurai known as Saito will not run. Damn his hindrances!

Topdecker
July 3rd, 2017, 20:52
Then hopefully someone can role play us out it because Clancy doesn't have many tools or skills that are not combat related. He'd leave, but isn't inclined to leave friends behind. The good thing is that we are fairly boosted up prior to the start of the fight.

Ellspeth
July 23rd, 2017, 02:34
Yeehaw tonight was a night of strange doings. Confronted with an astounding amount of force (and with a gun in Saito's back) the party decided to retreat to the upper level of the Vatican vault to consider options. Trystan, in the time they has been below had noted major points of entry, and figured with his knowledge of engineering and demolitions, if we located those exits from the exterior he could with some explosives, and managed to collect enough together to rig both exits and then set a lager charge near the entrance to the vault. He managed to get them all and get out before the charges went off, and and as he calculated when the largest blast went off it set off the two smaller blasts. As best as we could determine nothing escaped the vault alive.19905 Having finished that off, Monty figured he knew how to do the ritual to bring Sallie back and was determined to try it while the city was in so much chaos we could get to one of the obelisks and destroy it without to much attention. With a little help from the Old Worlder Esmeralda and one of Clancy's many "allies" to destroy the obelisk they were a success, Sallie lives again, though not so sure how she feels bout having been dead, but now she isn't but she isn't one of the undead either. Though she does appreciate the fact the fellas cared enough to make the effort. Then before the Vatican and our new friend the Pope could get wind of the little sideline into necromancy we were on our way to London to do some research, then back to Alexandria when Clancy's study of the puzzle box indicated the site of the famed library was where we needed to go. As I said, a night of strange doings.

Talen
July 26th, 2017, 02:22
In terms of game planning for the next few sessions, once the Rippers complete their jaunt through Egypt, we will be completing an interlude for Clancy in the American Southwest and Mexico.

Elspeth - with you having 2 character options, let me know how you want to proceed. I have 2 options for you to consider - one tying in to the trip to America and the other potentially relating to the fallout from your recent resurrection.

Hemdell- If you have an interlude you would like to explore, let me know - otherwise there are a few options that I may lay on you.

Gunbunny, when your schedule permits and you return we can work through your interlude as well. I'd like to cover everybody as we are reaching a crescendo with the main story line.

Ellspeth
July 26th, 2017, 04:33
Ah, if there is potential fallout for Sallie from the resurrection I expect ole Monty may not want word out he indulged in a bit of necromancy, or the rest of the party for aiding him for that matter. I had considered one for Sallie returning to the West, related to how her cousin Frank died in my slightly altered version of the history. If we go that line, Sallie heard from her old Chinese mentor who was still wandering out West that there are rumors that those who killed Frank have brought him back, as a vampire, whatever you find suitable. Since he was a well known person is some areas his reappearance may have problems just beyond family honor and he would hate having become what he fought.