PDA

View Full Version : Support only for d20 systems?

MrHack
September 14th, 2005, 21:38
I have tried the Fantasy Grounds Demo, and it is a very impressive program. Is it possible to write custom rulesets for systems other than d20?

joshuha
September 14th, 2005, 21:40
I have tried the Fantasy Grounds Demo, and it is a very impressive program. Is it possible to write custom rulesets for systems other than d20?

Yes it is but certain dice features are currently not available but will hopefully work with the LUA scripting planned for the next version. Things like open ended dice rolls would have to be done manually.

MrHack
September 14th, 2005, 21:47
Great. Glad to hear that. Where can I read more about the new scripting capabilities and of the current level of ruleset and system customization? The demo has NO info. :?

Crusader
September 15th, 2005, 05:46
There's not really any documentation about it, but the rulesystem is defined in XML which is quite easy to understand once you take a look at it. I have done a rulesystem for HarnMaster which isn't based on d20, and I have never worked with XML before this.

There's also a great resource available in this forum where other users, or developers, can help you if you get stuck.