PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Shortcuts

Brynnan
October 18th, 2016, 04:52
Is there a list somewhere of all of the "Hold the CTRL", etc, keyboard shortcuts somewhere?

For example, holding down the SHIFT while clicking your damage will do auto-crit damage.

Is there a list of all of them?

Trenloe
October 18th, 2016, 05:05
Not a dedicated list. They are scattered throughout the Wiki user guides.

thedougalbug
October 18th, 2016, 05:17
Maybe someone should create a stickied list of them all, I choose you Trenloe!

Seriously would probably help the new folk and if someone wants to send me a list of them I'm happy to create a nice neat formatted list

Trenloe
October 18th, 2016, 05:19
Maybe someone should create a stickied list of them all, I choose you Trenloe!
I'll sticky the thread, that's it. I do too much already, time for others to step up. :)

Gwydion
October 18th, 2016, 16:57
I'll sticky the thread, that's it. I do too much already, time for others to step up. :)

Yes you do! Well, someone might beat me to it, but I'll work on this. Might take a day or two to get time to do it, but I'll work on it!

Gwydion
October 18th, 2016, 20:36
Is there a list somewhere of all of the "Hold the CTRL", etc, keyboard shortcuts somewhere?

For example, holding down the SHIFT while clicking your damage will do auto-crit damage.

Is there a list of all of them?

Ok, this isn't pretty but rather quick and dirty. If people find it useful I'm happy to clean it up. Please let me know of any corrections. The first tab is for CTRL shortcuts and the second is for SHIFT shortcuts. I tried to include a category as well. Let me know what you think. The link is to a file in my dropbox account (excel).

I did learn a new one for me for PC character sheets which is, "Wherever you see a little '+' at the top right of any box - such as initiative, perception, saving throws - you can give your character a temporary bonus or penalty to the score. To do this hover your mouse over the box until you see a hand icon. Then, whilst holding down the CTRL key, move the middle mouse button up or down. A small bubble will appear with a number in it. Any rolls you make will now include that bonus or penalty. This can be removed by repeating the procedure until the bubble goes away."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/castn0bb2ol8fc7/FG%20shortcuts.xlsx?dl=0

LordEntrails
October 18th, 2016, 20:51
Nice, I'll use that when you get it in its finished form. Any idea how much if any of that is 5E specific?

Gwydion
October 18th, 2016, 20:57
Its a good question. I'll look closer tonight and tomorrow but my gut is that maybe 15-20% but that is just my gut. I'll look at it closer and let you know as I work on cleaning it up.

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2016, 21:36
Good work. Keyboard shortcuts are all in CORE I think so 100% of them are the same across all rulesets.

Moon Wizard
October 19th, 2016, 01:44
Here's a rough master list not edited or prettified, or filtered for simple/obvious functions:

Chat entry field
* CTRL + Up/Down - Swap message buffers
* SHIFT + Click - Select from cursor
* CTRL + Enter - Story (GM) or Action (PC) text
* SHIFT + CTRL + Enter - Emote text
* ALT + Enter - OOC text

Formatted text fields and regular text fields
* CTRL + Left/Right - Jump word left/right
* CTRL + Home - Jump to beginning of text
* CTRL + End - Jump to end of text
* SHIFT + PgDn/PgUp - Select page down/up
* SHIFT + CTRL + Left/Right - Select word left/right
* SHIFT + Home - Select to beginning of line.
* SHIFT + CTRL + Home - Select to beginning of text.
* SHIFT + End - Select to end of line.
* SHIFT + CTRL + End - Select to end of text.
* SHIFT + Click - Select text from cursor to click point.
* SHIFT + Click (GM formatted text only, click on link graphic) - Set link as shareable

Image field
* SHIFT + Draw/Mask - Straight line (vs. freehand)
* CTRL + Mask - Unmask
* CTRL (while viewing) - Show shortcuts (if not already shown)
* CTRL + left and right click - Quick circle pointer
* ALT + left and right click - Quick cone pointer
* SHIFT + left and right click - Quick square pointer
* CTRL + mouse region (during token selection mode) - Target tokens in region
* SHIFT + click (on link pin graphic) - Make link shareable
* CTRL + drag on panning control - Zoom mode

Continued in next post by ruleset.

JPG

Moon Wizard
October 19th, 2016, 01:59
CoreRPG+ Number Fields
* CTRL + Mouse wheel - Default setting to use mouse wheel to change a number field (can be set to no key required)

CoreRPG+ Combat Tracker
* CTRL + Click - Toggle target for active combatant

CoreRPG+ Character Portraits
* ALT + Item link drop - Process item link as a transfer (normally a record share)

CoreRPG+ Party/Character Items
* SHIFT + Item link drop - Transfer all of the current item between character and party or vice versa (normally a single item transfer)

CoreRPG+ Image Field Tokens
* SHIFT + Mouse wheel - Scale by whole numbers (normally scales by 10% increments)

PFRPG/3.5E Skill Ranks
* SHIFT + Mouse wheel - Add/subtract half ranks

Game System Actions
* [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] SHIFT + Attack action - Opportunity attack
* [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] SHIFT + Damage action - Critical damage
* [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] SHIFT + Effect drag action - 3 party targeting (effect applied to drag target, and effect targets set to current targets) (only useful for effects limited to specific combatant interactions)
* [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] SHIFT + Skill action - Skill assist
* [4E] SHIFT + Save action - Death saving throw
* [5E] SHIFT + Ability roll - Ability saving throw (normally ability check)

Also, there are a fair number in the Savage Worlds ruleset, but I'm not familiar enough with the system to know what they all do.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
October 19th, 2016, 03:21
CoreRPG+ Character Portraits
* ALT + Item link drop - Process item link as a transfer (normally a record share)
Not where I can test this to figure it out. Can someone explain what this does?

Trenloe
October 19th, 2016, 03:42
Not where I can test this to figure it out. Can someone explain what this does?
When the GM drags an item to a character portrait on the desktop it is just shared with them (not added to the PC inventory). If the GM holds down ALT while "sharing" the item it will be added to the PC inventory.

LordEntrails
October 19th, 2016, 03:53
When the GM drags an item to a character portrait on the desktop it is just shared with them (not added to the PC inventory). If the GM holds down ALT while "sharing" the item it will be added to the PC inventory.
Nice, now I don't have to drag it to the inventory :) Thanks for clarifying!

Zacchaeus
October 19th, 2016, 12:01
Stickied

MarianDz
November 16th, 2016, 13:49
Alt + roll 1d20 = spin dice :p

Nylanfs
November 16th, 2016, 18:18
NOOOOOOO, now the secret is out!!!! :)

Nickademus
November 16th, 2016, 22:38
Not if a mod can get to it quickly...

Trenloe
November 16th, 2016, 22:42
Not if a mod can get to it quickly...
I'm feeling mischievous - I let it ride...

MarianDz
November 17th, 2016, 09:16
Sorry, if I shared some secret :hurt:
Now I feel as dumb orc which looks in old wooden chest full of broken spider webs, dusts,
broken glasses, oil flacons and another kind of garbage. Investigated by rogue and other 4 party members before.
This orc only reaching inside this chest (seemingly Miss. Fortune stays by him with her
hand on his arm, and happened what nobody one expected. He got 20 + [-1 WIZ] = 19 in roll on Investigation - SUCCESS!)
and this dumb orc ... pulled out and hold in his shaky and dirty hand red ruby (Alt + roll 1d20 = spin dice :p).
He really don't knows if this "Item" from red glass is valuable (secret that nobody has bothered to know until this year's snow),
or not. Maybe somebody more Intelligent and Wise prepared this kind of "Breathtaking traps" inside our FG chest, who knows?

And anyone brave enough to order reached into this chest and pulls out: a) a Bug (that will help us detect and correct actual vesion,
make this nice FG project be better and better) or b.) rare treasure as reward in any forms. (which cleverly developers
from time to time left for us).

It was a happy day for our orc. Day that can maybe no longer happen again,
but he began from that day to believe in miracles. And these are possible only in the FG world. Try it maybe you
can find another one :) and you will experience an indescribable feelings.

Thank you for reading brave heroes and monsters from our nice FG world.
Wish you lucky rolls at anything you are going to do.

donpaulo
December 23rd, 2016, 03:28
This thread is AWESOME

Now I just have to learn how to use them properly :rv:

flynnkd
September 28th, 2018, 05:25
Double clicking the picture of something on the CT will centre the map on them.

birdskull
October 4th, 2018, 10:46
Is there a shortcut for going into mask mode.

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2018, 11:05
Is there a shortcut for going into mask mode.

Not that I am aware of.

rpbarrett111
March 13th, 2021, 21:07
Hi. I'm using a wireless keyboard with a touchpad to manipulate the player screen on the TV. No middle mouse button or wheel. I'm wondering, is there a way to map keys to the zoom function on images?

Evolivolution
March 13th, 2021, 21:35
Hi. I'm using a wireless keyboard with a touchpad to manipulate the player screen on the TV. No middle mouse button or wheel. I'm wondering, is there a way to map keys to the zoom function on images?

You can remap some of the keys on your keyboard to the mousebuttons (inluding Mouswheel, -up and -down). To do this you would need a tool (not included with FG). I sadly can't recommend any because my keyboard already has this feature build in with the driver software for it. You can check if your does too. Otherwise I'm sure a simple google search like "remap keyboard" will find smth for you. First thing that showed up for me was SharpKeys, but like I said I don't have any experience with it.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2021, 05:59
CTRL also changes the pan icon in the bottom right corner from a pan function to a zoom function.