PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play 5E Scales of War (Series 2)

OTG_Wraith
October 18th, 2016, 00:22
We're back to some converted 4e to 5e fun with Scales of War! We pick up right after escaping the Shadowfell and earning Sarshan's ire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-WCnYW1gLM

OTG_Wraith
November 3rd, 2016, 03:17
Episodes 2 and 3 are up.

After some real life technical difficulties the party finds some people crawling around in the desert, but we're not fooled, there's a mine to be plundered!

Thegroo
November 5th, 2016, 03:12
I just finished watching Episode 1 and i'm looking forward to watching the rest.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

OTG_Wraith
November 6th, 2016, 00:15
My pleasure! Glad you're enjoying it.

Just please ignore some of the technical problems so far in this one. The Win 10 AU patch and my capture program are not being friends. We've been doing this for two and a half years and we've never had this many problems in such a short period. I'm working to get them found and fixed though.

OTG_Wraith
November 10th, 2016, 02:46
Episode 4 is up.

Sure, it should be safe to rest here... in this bubble... in the middle of the open room... in the creepy uncleared mine...

rhammer2
November 17th, 2016, 18:17
After reading over the new Leomund's Tiny Hut, then comparing to the spell from prior D&D editions, I suggest the following change.

The Hut's dome can only protect from weather and sight. Any objects or creatures can freely pass through the dome and the spell ends when the caster exits.

This change maintains the original intention of the spell and makes the use of higher level shelter spells that provide additional protection something to look forward to.

-Robert

OTG_Wraith
November 21st, 2016, 01:31
That's a good interpretation of the ritual. As it is, it's a bit unwieldy and somewhat overpowered. We had to simply agree to not abuse the wording. I'll suggest this usage next session. (We won't be back until the week after Thanksgiving at least, and we might be taking a break until after the New Year. December is always a weird month for us, and I think, gaming groups in general.)

OTG_Wraith
December 14th, 2016, 07:09
Episode 6 is up.

We make it back to Overlook and say goodbye to Dante, and meet our new Cleric... He's Scottish... I think.

Going to try and get in a few videos before the Christmas/New Years week break. We're still in Holiday mode and won't be back on normal schedule until about a week into the new year, but I am trying to get some stuff up for you guys to watch in case you end up with some time to kill during the final weeks of the Holidays. Thanks again for watching, and Happy Holidays!

Magraff
December 14th, 2016, 15:50
Thank you for sharing these Wraith (and to all the guys involved!). It was your Lost Mines play-through that got me back into D&D after a 20 year break! :)

Dracius
December 14th, 2016, 17:34
Are you using an extension to default your chat and dice to the right like that, or do you move them over there manually every time you launch a game?

OTG_Wraith
December 15th, 2016, 06:18
Thank you for sharing these Wraith (and to all the guys involved!). It was your Lost Mines play-through that got me back into D&D after a 20 year break! :)

Thanks a lot. Hearing that I helped add another player back into this great hobby of ours is the best compliment I can get. Really, thank you.

Are you using an extension to default your chat and dice to the right like that, or do you move them over there manually every time you launch a game?

I move them over manually. The monitor on my right is used to watch the capture and for looking things up while we play and the left side is the 50% of the FG tabletop you guys don't see to hold images and maps that are in use but not immediately needed. So since the FG tabletop spans across two monitors I move the chat and other objects over to the right side to put them on the half that gets captured. Also, I'm right handed and with the tabletop spanned across the left and middle screens it puts it on the screen to which I pay the most attention.

OTG_Wraith
December 17th, 2016, 02:42
Episode 7 is up.

The evil sword leads us to our doom... The rest of the party thinks its just a quest, But I know it's our DOOM!

OTG_Wraith
January 12th, 2017, 02:53
Episode 8 is up.

"The call of Yeenoghu and the sword of DOOM!" Or something like that, I admit I might be biased.