PDA

View Full Version : What have other people done with mixed groups of remote players and in person players

bnickelsen
October 17th, 2016, 21:17
I am about to start a new group with at least 9 players...
2 will always play via remote
2 will sometimes play via remote and sometimes In person
5 will be in person 99% of the time.

For at least two of those that play via remote, they will be fine with using the in-game dice tools. A few of the in person will be easily convinced to use the in-game roller. But I suspect at least four players will take exception to the in game dice tool. I am, wondering how others may have dealt with similar scenarios?

Zacchaeus
October 17th, 2016, 21:20
There are a number of tools in v 3.2 (out soon) which will help with this including one which allows for manual dice rolls to be entered into FG.

LordEntrails
October 17th, 2016, 22:39
For the dice issue you'll have to see the tools in 3.2 or I think Trenloe or damned made an extension for 3.1.7 to do help with manual die entry.

For my games, everyone just uses the FG dice. Whether they are local or remote, everyone uses FG. Occasionally we have someone with a laptop and they just look over the shoulder of another or just watch the main screen (I've got a big TV on the wall that I run a second instance on.)

damned
October 18th, 2016, 09:42
1. You are the GM and the final arbiter. Seriously some people will get all hung up about the dice and insisting on doing it their way instead of the way that worst best for you, the guys doing the lions share of the work... grrrr...
2. 3.2.0 will let them setup the roll and then manually put in the dice total(s).

JohnD
October 19th, 2016, 12:55
Agree with damned's point 1.