PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Hit Points Improvements in Combat Tracker

chiquit
October 17th, 2016, 03:33
Feature Request: Combat Tracker - Hit Point Options for the DM
- Priority 1:
+ On the Combat Tracker, allow the DM to hide the hit points of enemies as an option (Either maintain current ability or hide hostile hit points).
+ The DM can view the hit points of all creatures / players in the tracker.
- Priority 2:
+ The DM has the option to allow Players to see only THEIR OWN hit points in the tracker.
+ The DM has the option to allow Players to see only FRIENDLY hit points in the tracker.
+ The DM has the option to allow Players to see all hit points in a tracker EXCEPT for HOSTILE entries (This would allow Players to see hit points of NPCs who are not hostile).
Size: Small
Implementation Cost: Small to Medium

LordEntrails
October 17th, 2016, 03:48
Hey chiquit. Welcome to the community :)
The best place to put feature requests in on the FG Wishlist (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/). The devs monitor them there and other users can vote on them as well. You might want to search there first as there may already be a request for similar type functionality.

Andraax
October 17th, 2016, 04:00
Err, except for the last one, don't we already have all of these in the CoreRPG based rulesets?

Nickademus
October 17th, 2016, 04:00
I believe some, if not all, of this is available in the options menu. There is a section that you can set the visuals for the players (GM will always see the numbers).

JohnD
October 17th, 2016, 04:08
Err, except for the last one, don't we already have all of these in the CoreRPG based rulesets?

We do.

damned
October 17th, 2016, 04:59
Correct - p138 onwards in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf
Huzzah and welcome!

Zacchaeus
October 17th, 2016, 09:32
Hi Chiquit; what ruleset are you using?

As has been mentioned above all of these are already options apart from the last one. I'm a bit concerned though that you are not seeing all of the creature and players hit points on the combat tracker. This is standard; there's no option to turn this on or off. The DM sees all things at all times. So I'm wondering if you aren't seeing this whether you have an installation problem?

chiquit
October 18th, 2016, 08:26
Thank you everyone for the assistance. The options specified in this thread gave us what we needed. These are some great links that will help a lot. Apparently I need to slowly work my way through the user guide and learn it. There are a very large list of options and such to learn there.

For everyone asking if something is wrong, I was not the DM at the time. After reviewing replies and going into my own test game as DM, I quickly began learning (by using the links shown here) that our DM simply hasn't properly learned these things yet and instead of telling us that he hadn't looked for these options, he told us they do not exist. I will be sure to learn them for him and provide feedback to him individually to help the game along.

damned
October 18th, 2016, 08:37
Hah! chiquit you will find the most experienced users of Fantasy Grounds learning new things all the time.
There is a lot of stuff under the hood or hidden just behind that other thing or found by twisting something one way while summoning a familiar to wash your socks!

JohnD
October 19th, 2016, 05:54
Telling the DM that he's not doing it right. Good plan. I predict lightning bolt of doom for your character at 20d20 damage. :)

Best thing is to add one new thing every few games... get used to it and build on the base.

Nickademus
October 19th, 2016, 17:48
Hah! chiquit you will find the most experienced users of Fantasy Grounds learning new things all the time.
There is a lot of stuff under the hood or hidden just behind that other thing or found by twisting something one way while summoning a familiar to wash your socks!

It took about a year of solid use (2-3 game a week) before I stopped learning something new almost every single game. Now I'm done to learning something new around once a month, but I'll never feel like I know it all and am always quick to ask other GMs/player how they did something that I don't know.

Nylanfs
October 19th, 2016, 18:58
And just think, when Unity comes down you get to start learning all kinds of new things! :D