PDA

View Full Version : [4E] LFP - Scales of War!

Locke4VII
October 16th, 2016, 16:41
FG License: GM has Ultimate; players need only demo version.
Game System: D&D 4E

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Sundays @2PM-7PM. All scheduled dates are posted to the calendar; there is a game today and the next game will be November 6th (October happens to be a busy month for the DM!).
Planned Frequency: Weekly-ish. We try to play as often as possible but take occasional weekends off.
Term: LONG. The campaign scales from levels 1 through 30, and we're currently only at level 5 (almost 6)! We're looking for someone who not only fits in well with the group's ideals and motivations for playing (a pure love of role playing and intrigue), but also someone willing and able to stick it out for the long haul!

Text or Voice: A combination of both. The DM uses mostly text to capture scenario details while the players use voice for communication purposes.
Voice software used: We use a private sub-server on the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak3 server.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 75% combat, 25% heavy role-playing elements. A lot of the quests are designed for lovers of the 4E combat system, although a decent chunk of the campaign has to do with interacting with various NPCs and using some detective work to decipher the greater plots at hand.
Number of Players in game & needed: We currently have 4 players and require 1 more. The campaign can support up to 6, and the DM is willing to accept two players under the right circumstances.
Character starting level & equipment: You'll need to join in at level 5 and will be granted the usual perks for starting at that level (level-appropriate gold and three magic items).
Character restrictions: Absolutely no "evil" alignments for role playing purposes. Virtually anything else 4E official goes (including any combination of race and class). A long-range striker / controller may be what's best for the team right now, but the DM will not limit you to that role. Themes and backgrounds encouraged!

Details of your scenario:
By chance, five nobody's find themselves together in a tavern in a small village one evening when suddenly the tavern is attacked by forces unknown. The group comes together to defend the town of Brindol from the threat, and afterwards finds themselves caught up in the middle of plots threatening the entirety of the Elsir Vale - and perhaps even the mortal realm. Will the characters be able to work together to overcome their differences and defend the world from these unknown foes? Will they be able to determine the truest extent of the threat before its too late? Only you can decide.

Link to Gamecalendar page:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2029

Pramxnim
October 21st, 2016, 02:58
*Bump*
I'm one of the players in Locke's game, and the group is having a blast! We're all invested in the story, trying to figure out clues and finding out about the overarching plot. The group is just now exposed to the greater plotline of the adventure, and as such, exciting times await those who join.

The combat is incredibly fun, but challenging. Perhaps a mite too challenging with just 4 of us manning the battlements. We could really use a helping hand on this adventure, so don't hesitate to join in. The current party consists of a Fighter, Cleric, Avenger and Swordmage, but don't let that dictate your role, as the DM said.

Drazulfel
October 21st, 2016, 17:54
I am bummed. I've always wanted to play in a solid 4E game, and this sounds right up my alley. But I can't commit regularly to that time slot. :( I'll keep my eye on this thread and jump on any opening should things change.