PDA

View Full Version : New Users Looking to Experiment?

teknohippy
September 14th, 2005, 12:46
I'm a new user, just bought FG the other day. Any other user who haven't experienced a game yet want to get together and check out all the intricacies of the system?

I'm GMT+1 (BST) timezone wise.

monsterfurby
September 14th, 2005, 14:02
Hey, that would be perfect! I'm in GMT+1 as well and also pretty new to this specific program. I have a pretty flexible scheudule, so just name time and place -er- IP ^^

teknohippy
September 14th, 2005, 14:03
Let's see what kind of mood the wife is in this evening :)

Towoen
September 14th, 2005, 14:21
hey, I'm using the Lite version and so far used the program a total of once on Sunday, think i picked up the main bits but would love a practice, so if i can make the time then i can help you out with what i learned and maybe learn a few others.

Towoen

teknohippy
September 14th, 2005, 14:22
Cool

Towoen
September 14th, 2005, 21:24
unless you plan to start something in the next half hour gonna have to wait till tommorrow for me. Am moving house tommorrow but maybe in the evening will get some time free.

mac
September 15th, 2005, 00:19
Sounds interesting, I might be interesting in playing around and trying this thing out

unixpanix
September 15th, 2005, 03:29
I would be interested also you can contact me via PM here or at [email protected]
--
Dunwitch

teknohippy
September 15th, 2005, 16:06
Righto, how about tonight then. I shall endeavour to be ready by 8pm GMT. I'll post in this thread with an address or alias. Unless someone else wants to host?

*edit*

My connection is up and down like a pro's knickers, ISP trouble. Damn NTL. Let's try tomorrow instead.

Or organise amongst yourselves of course. *grins*

I

GuruChaz
September 20th, 2005, 03:37
I also want to try the system out but you are the one who started the thread, so let us all know when you have a working connection and when you host a game.

teknohippy
September 20th, 2005, 09:39
I'll do that the first free evening I get, I've been utterly snowed under a mountain of real work :)

Damn that stuff.

*grins*

Certainly not tonight though. It's the second session of our new mini campaign round my kitchen table tonight.

The first time I've actually managed to get out from behind the GM screen and play a character in what must be nearly eight years!

Didn't go well first session, due to a unfortunate "rail accident" I lost my Paladin's mount.

See https://katunjohns.blogspot.com for the full story.

I really do also want to sort out some time with FG, but between planning for my next campaign (Shackled City), refining the E-Tools -> FG converter and developing a new mapping style[1] in photoshop since I've ditched Campaign Cartogropher, there's not much time about at the moment.

I shall post here the moment I am ready. I won't feel put out if one of the other replyees wishes to host though of course. Me not precious :)

*smiles*

Cheers
I

[1] Kinda rather strongly influence by Christopher West, I've always liked his water effect and I've been trying to recreate that for my own purposes. I'm getting there slowly: https://www.teknohippy.com/junk/smallmap.jpg

Brytestar
September 26th, 2005, 00:33
Is this still going on? I got the lite version and I want to use the online features myself.

Schiz
September 26th, 2005, 10:48
as this would be a game in the +1 GMT time zone, i'm also still interested..

and about that photoshop water effect.. it's not that hard, PM me if you want to know ;)

teknohippy
September 26th, 2005, 11:04
I got a look I'm happy with.

https://www.teknohippy.com/junk/smallmap.jpg

I'm much happier mapping in photoshop than the years I spent fighting against CC2's "interface"

As to the experiment. What for would you like it to take?

Quick off the top of the head freeform type adventure to test out things with?

I

Nefariou5
September 27th, 2005, 12:33
Just bought FG yesterday and am interested in testing things out.

Available most evenings and Sundays.