PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG: Lay on Hands?

Talyn
October 15th, 2016, 20:53
Sorry, first time (FINALLY!!!) getting to use my Paladin in a PFS session. The GMs were running behind a bit so no time for instructions how to create a Lay on Hands (or I guess any other Heal type ability for other classes) for the automation.

Suggestions?

Blahness98
October 16th, 2016, 00:44
First, set up a caster class for your paladin abilities. In there, create a "spell" for lay on hands. Then add your spell actions. I don't believe you need a cast action since nothing gets a save. Add in the heal action. Got into the heal action and drop a d6 into the box. Change the multiplier to even CLs and there you have it. As you increase in levels, the dice should scale up as well. As you gain mercies, you can add the Remove effects as needed (assuming the GM has it installed).

I am on my tablet now, but once I get back to my machine at home, I can post some screen shots. Otherwise others here can set you up.

Talyn
October 16th, 2016, 19:55
We got a few minutes breather last night so my GM set it up for me. I tried to replicate it on my local copy this morning and wow that took awhile. Seems way more complicated with all the hidden secret UI stuff than it needs to be.

Still can't manage to drag Unarmed Combat or... a lot of things, really... onto my character.

Sasmira
October 17th, 2016, 16:24
For Lay on hands:
- Add a new Spell Class (Paladin)
- in level 1 windows, number of lay of hand and Smite Evil
- Add Spell : Lay on Hand (xxx/day)
- Add Spell Action > Add Cast
- Add Spell Action > Add Heal
- In the Windows "Ability Heal" > Drag & drop a D6 > Dice Multiplier (odd CLs)

For Smite Evil

First macro : Smite Evil

- Add Spell Action > Add effect "SELF"/"ALL" > Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:xxx;DMG:xxx;AC:xxx
- Add Spell Action > Add effect "REMOVE "SELF"/"ALL" > REMOVE:Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:xxx;DMG:xxx;AC:xxx

Second macro : Smite Evil : Draconic, Undead, Ousider
- Add Spell Action > Add effect "SELF"/"ROLL" > Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:xxx
- Add Spell Action > Add effect "REMOVE "SELF"/""ROLL" > REMOVE:Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:xxx

https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_156994FantasyGrounds2016101717220132.jpg (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=156994FantasyGrounds2016101717220132 .jpg)

Talyn
October 18th, 2016, 22:24
::blinks::

Wow. That's... unfortunately complex.

I'm assuming xxx would be an actual value for the spell "macro" to function?

Also just realized level 4 gets Channel Positive Energy. Is that yet another macro deal I need to add?

Thanks so much for the help, though. This is my first PFS character ever, so getting him up to par in FG is challenging but it's great because I'm learning all this "hidden" UI stuff.

Blahness98
October 18th, 2016, 22:42
Smite Evil is complex, but the basic lay on hands and channel energy is not. Add a spell called Channel Energy. Add the cast action and make sure it has the proper will save DC. Then add the damage dice needed to a heal spell action and the same for the damage spell action.

Sasmira
October 19th, 2016, 01:19
I'm assuming xxx would be an actual value for the spell "macro" to function?

you need to change the "xxx" value by the value of the rules

Smite Evil (Su)
Once per day, a paladin can call out to the powers of good to aid her in her struggle against evil. As a swift action, the paladin chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil, the paladin adds her Cha bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her paladin level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite evil is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the paladin possesses. Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.

In addition, while smite evil is in effect, the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect.

The smite evil effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the paladin rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: Paladin, to a maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.

for example if you are level 1 with a Charisma of 16 (+3)

First macro : Smite Evil

- Add Spell Action > Add effect "SELF"/"ALL" > Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:3;DMG:1;AC:3
- Add Spell Action > Add effect "REMOVE "SELF"/"ALL" > REMOVE:Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:3;DMG:1;AC:3

Second macro : Smite Evil : Draconic, Undead, Ousider
- Add Spell Action > Add effect "SELF"/"ROLL" > Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:1
- Add Spell Action > Add effect "REMOVE "SELF"/""ROLL" > REMOVE:Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:1

explanation :

Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:3;DMG:1;AC:3
ATK:3 = Charisma bonus
DMG: 1 = Character level
AC: 3 = Charisma bonus

Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:1
DMG: 1 = Character Level and not 2 points because you have already DMG = "Character level" in the first macro

Talyn
April 7th, 2017, 23:54
Just coming back to this since I haven't had the chance to play since FG Con 9... :(

Wasn't positive what you were saying up there, and "macro" throws me off because when I think of something I'd put in a hotbar slot as a "macro."

Paladin leveled to 4 last FG Con, Cha 14 (+2).

What I've got is:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18463&stc=1&d=1491605392

Self|All :: Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:2;DMG:4;AC:2
Self|All :: REMOVE:Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:2;DMG:4;AC:2
Self|All :: Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:1
Self|All :: REMOVE:Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:1

When you said "Add effect: Remove" what did you mean? That's not one of the radial options... so I just did "Add Effect" and copied your effect markup.

Sasmira
April 13th, 2017, 09:27
Hello Talyn,

REMOVE is a command line of an extension for FG, you can find it here : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21546-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension

S.

Talyn
April 13th, 2017, 12:37
Yeah, one of my GMs last weekend had that, the other did not. For some reason, I had it in my head that was built into FG now, but nope! :(

Sasmira
April 13th, 2017, 12:41
Nope it's ont built-in but its a good extension for help a GM ;)

LordBalkoth
April 27th, 2017, 15:56
How would you incorporate the "Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess" bit?

LordBalkoth
April 27th, 2017, 19:16
For anyone wondering, here's the solution to my above question (big shout out to Zacchaeus, thanks!):

Smite Evil; ATK: 4; AC: 4 deflection; DMG: 6; DMGTYPE: slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, cold iron, silver, magic, adamantine, good, epic

(could add on a few more damage types but I think anything smitable is covered by those)

Sasmira
April 27th, 2017, 19:27
For anyone wondering, here's the solution to my above question (big shout out to Zacchaeus, thanks!):

Smite Evil; ATK: 4; AC: 4 deflection; DMG: 6; DMGTYPE: slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, cold iron, silver, magic, adamantine, good, epic

(could add on a few more damage types but I think anything smitable is covered by those)

Macro smite evil

"SELF"/"ALL" and REMOVE "SELF"/"ALL"
Smite Evil; DMGTYPE:force;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:[CHA];DMG:[LVL];AC:[CHA]
REMOVE:Smite Evil; DMGTYPE:force;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:[CHA];DMG:[LVL];AC:[CHA]

"SELF"/"ROLL" and REMOVE "SELF"/"ROLL"
Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:[LVL]
REMOVE:Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:[LVL]

LordBalkoth
April 27th, 2017, 21:37
Several things...

1, Force is an interesting method, much cleaner. Thank you.

2, your macro doesn't handle ATK and AC correctly if you have a Charisma increasing effect (like Eagle's Splendor). The [CHA] will only take the Charisma from your character sheet.

3, the AC needs to be of the "deflection" type, currently it is untyped.

Sasmira
April 27th, 2017, 21:40
if you have a Charisma increasing effect, he is already added in another macro ;)

LordBalkoth
April 27th, 2017, 21:41
Or...someone else cast a buff on him?

Sasmira
April 27th, 2017, 21:43
Or...someone else cast a buff on him?

He drap and drop a macro with the spell on your PC in the Combat Tracker

LordBalkoth
April 27th, 2017, 21:46
By "macro" do you mean "effect?" Unsure of your exact terminology here.

Like, are you able to write ""SELF"/"ALL" and REMOVE "SELF"/"ALL"" someplace? I've always manually adjusted the buttons.

Sasmira
April 27th, 2017, 21:51
By "macro" do you mean "effect?" Unsure of your exact terminology here.

Like, are you able to write ""SELF"/"ALL" and REMOVE "SELF"/"ALL"" someplace? I've always manually adjusted the buttons.

you create a macro for added an effect on your PC or another PC.

a visual example is better :)
https://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_248637screenshot0001.png (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=248637screenshot0001.png)

LordBalkoth
April 27th, 2017, 22:10
Fair enough. I thought you were copy/pasting the entire section of

""SELF"/"ALL" and REMOVE "SELF"/"ALL"
REMOVE:Smite Evil; DMGTYPE:force;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:[CHA];DMG:[LVL];AC:[CHA]"

someplace.

Sasmira
April 27th, 2017, 22:14
Fair enough. I thought you were copy/pasting the entire section of

""SELF"/"ALL" and REMOVE "SELF"/"ALL"
REMOVE:Smite Evil; DMGTYPE:force;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:[CHA];DMG:[LVL];AC:[CHA]"

someplace.

No :)
Just you need to create a Macro/effect by line.

(Sorry, if it's a little difficult to understand me, but I don't speak a good english)

Erin Righ
April 29th, 2017, 12:50
Sasmira, your English is fine, much better than my extremely limited French