PDA

View Full Version : Seems I should totally know this, nevertheless...

rob2e
October 15th, 2016, 05:32
When applying any effect to the CT, seems that as DM they are (by default) marked as GM only, placed in parentheses, and not shown to players. I can of course change that statusfrom GM to VSBL, but what a pain. How do I (or did I inadvertantly) chage that setting to where where I apply effects to PCs, it's default is to make all VSBL?

ThanX!

FGCON 9 PANIC MODE!!!

JohnD
October 15th, 2016, 05:40
Man that's not my experience. I'd prefer that.

thedougalbug
October 15th, 2016, 05:41
I think this would be to potentially shield the players from knowing that your big badass boss monster has a resistance to fire damage (for example).

Although I'm maybe misunderstanding what you are actually meaning - do you mean effects the GM applies to the CT or effects that the players put on their targets?

rob2e
October 15th, 2016, 05:51
I think this would be to potentially shield the players from knowing that your big badass boss monster has a resistance to fire damage (for example).

Although I'm maybe misunderstanding what you are actually meaning - do you mean effects the GM applies to the CT or effects that the players put on their targets?

It happens when I the GM apply. So for example, if I apply Dodge or Prone to a PC, it shows it to me in the CT (and sets it to GM with parentheses around it) but doesn't show it to players. It makes gut be an extension messing with it, gotta test that.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2016, 11:01
I think you must have some extension loaded which is doing this. The default is that the effect is visible to all and there's no option that I know of which will make it any different.

rob2e
October 15th, 2016, 14:19
I will test extensions one by one until I find the culprit. That is my belief as well. I will post findings here later today...

Gwydion
October 15th, 2016, 15:24
I will test extensions one by one until I find the culprit. That is my belief as well. I will post findings here later today...

Rob - I think it is the CTEffectVisibiity extension.

LordEntrails
October 15th, 2016, 16:30
Rob - I think it is the CTEffectVisibiity extension.
That's my suggestion too. From my understanding that is one of the designed behaviors for that extension.

rob2e
October 16th, 2016, 00:02
That's my suggestion too. From my understanding that is one of the designed behaviors for that extension.

So what you guys are saying is, the extension that does EXACTLY what it says it does is the problem. Ha! You guys are right.