PDA

View Full Version : My players cannot move nor target tokens on the map.

HiJumpr111
October 15th, 2016, 00:16
First of all, Happy FG-Con 9, everyone.

I have been using FG pretty extensively as a DM now for six months with little issue. I am using the 5E Ruleset.
However, recently (my last three sessions) I have noticed that none of my players are able to move their tokens on the map not can they be targeted by dragging "Attacks" to them.

I don't believe I have done anything differently in my recent game set-ups.
For instance, my usual protocol is

After my players choose their characters, I drag them into the Combat Tracker. I follow this up clicking the 'down arrow' from an encounter to copy any NPCs to the CT. Having done all this, none of the tokens are responsive to moves or targeting.

As for the moving, at first I though I had tokens locked, but this is not the case. Of course this would not explain the inability to target.

Do I need to drag to the Party Sheet first? :confused:
Or is it possibly a Map Layer issue? :confused:

I would be more than happy to provide more information if needed.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Trenloe
October 15th, 2016, 00:20
Or is it possibly a Map Layer issue? :confused:
If you're using the layers extension then you *must* add all tokens to the top layer - this is the only layer that players can interact with. If you click the middle layer selection button and you can still see the tokens then you've put them on either the bottom or middle layer. Delete the tokens from the map and re-add them to the top layer.

HiJumpr111
October 15th, 2016, 00:53
Oh my goodness. I had the layer concept backwards thinking it was the bottom layer that drove the token interaction.
I feel silly now.
Thank you, Trenloe, and I hope you have an awesome Edge of the Empire game this weekend!

Trenloe
October 15th, 2016, 01:05
...I hope you have an awesome Edge of the Empire game this weekend!
Thanks, I'm sure I will. :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15644

damned
October 15th, 2016, 02:09
Oooooeeer its the Sith Lord Ja Ja Binks!

JohnD
October 15th, 2016, 03:58
Thanks, I'm sure I will. :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15644

I'm cheering for the robot.