PDA

View Full Version : Volo's Guide to Monsters

rob2e
October 14th, 2016, 22:51
What's the release date for Volo's Guide to Monsters on FG? Searched around, couldn't find an answer/announcement. I know it usually coincides with book release, but sometimes it's (early) store release vs. real release date?

Just currious. Gathering funds.

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2016, 23:02
It's aimed for same day release as far as I know.

rob2e
October 14th, 2016, 23:04
It's aimed for same day release as far as I know.

Right. Same day hobby store release or same day public release?

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2016, 23:12
I don't know.

LordEntrails
October 14th, 2016, 23:39
I don't know.
I have book marked this. I will now use it against you even when it is absolutely unrelated. Heck, I might even use it once or twice to prove that Trenloe once admitted he didn't know :)

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2016, 00:11
I think even a cursory glance at these forums will reveal there's a massive amount I don't know ;)

gqwebb
October 15th, 2016, 01:58
I think even a cursory glance at these forums will reveal there's a massive amount I don't know ;)

Agreed,

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think iphones are a pretty neat idea

LordEntrails
October 15th, 2016, 02:28
Fact check? You expect me to pay attention of what words I let out of my mouth? Huh!

And just you wait, in another dozen millennium that little backwater is going to undergo gentrification and it will be the next Soho!

Talen
October 15th, 2016, 12:56
My recollection is that Smiteworks is considered a Premier store and can release during the early hobby store window (2 weeks before street date iirc).

hawkwind
October 15th, 2016, 13:33
I have book marked this. I will now use it against you even when it is absolutely unrelated. Heck, I might even use it once or twice to prove that Trenloe once admitted he didn't know :)
Whats Trnloe got do with this ? he hasn't offered an opinion

rob2e
October 15th, 2016, 14:16
My recollection is that Smiteworks is considered a Premier store and can release during the early hobby store window (2 weeks before street date iirc).

:) Great

LordEntrails
October 15th, 2016, 16:32
Whats Trnloe got do with this ? he hasn't offered an opinion
*lol*
I said I'd use it to support my statements even when totally unrelated. How more unrelated that using it against Trenloe?

Dar Kreader
October 30th, 2022, 01:21
Hey All i'm like years too late for this thread. :(
Is there any place i can purchase Volo's Guide to Monsters or the races, classes, or backgrounds to use with FGU? i've been looking around and can't find it. Would that info be in another module now?

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2022, 02:30
The publisher took down Volo's, and replaced with Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse.

Regards,
JPG

Dar Kreader
October 30th, 2022, 02:59
AH! that helps immensely. my google fu is sad today. just offhand do you know if the fallen Aasimar race is in there? trying to make a PC for a player.

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2022, 09:04
The Aasimar is there as a race. There are options in that race to do radiant or necrotic damage so I assume that would cover fallen aasimar?

Dar Kreader
October 30th, 2022, 18:49
The Aasimar is there as a race. There are options in that race to do radiant or necrotic damage so I assume that would cover fallen aasimar?

Hey Z, thanks for the reply. i had an issue with Rob2e's modules had to get mad nomads updater and everything seems smooth now. so as usual Noob user error. but those modules... I am even more in love with FGU now—even though my wallet hates me.

Honestly i feel like i'm just button mashing sometimes. but if it works in the end and the players have a good time, I'm happy.

garymichaelduke
November 26th, 2022, 03:40
the list that you posted to me did not quite cover what I am in looking for. when I search the NpCs I can not find a stat block for any PC races. can you help me find them?

Zacchaeus
November 26th, 2022, 09:24
the list that you posted to me did not quite cover what I am in looking for. when I search the NpCs I can not find a stat block for any PC races. can you help me find them?

Races are not listed in NPCs; they are in the races list. What is it you are trying to do?