PDA

View Full Version : How do I clear the cache as a GM?

Topdecker
October 14th, 2016, 17:52
I rotated 2 images, but they continue to show up in a non-rotated form. I even renamed the images. How do I clear the cache so the proper images are used?

I will stop and say that it is really long on the line of BS that I have to stop and even ask this question. You are doing it wrong. FG is tool to allow you to design / author adventures and images are part of the authoring process. Not being able to tweak or otherwise adjust existing images without some specialized knowledge is a failure on your part to provide an easy to use, accessible piece of software - which I will remind you is a primary complaint about FG. I know you are working on a Unity version and this might eventually no longer be an issue, but but at some point you need to actually stop and resolve problems that frustrate your user-base.

Tim

Trenloe
October 14th, 2016, 17:55
The GM doesn't have a cache.

I'm guessing that you rotated the images outside of a graphics application? e.g. through a windows right-click option directly on the file or some such. This doesn't actually rotate the image, it just tags it to be rotated. Open the images in a graphics app, rotate them and save them. FG will pick that up.

Topdecker
October 14th, 2016, 18:10
Yup, that was it - I used the windows rotate for the images which was clearly the problem. Thanks and apologies for the long-winded rant