PDA

View Full Version : I have FG on my main Laptop can I also get it on my iPad Pro?

coreyvw65
October 13th, 2016, 23:03
I have FG on my main Laptop can I also get it on my iPad Pro?
Does that cost extra?

LordEntrails
October 13th, 2016, 23:36
There is no iPad version. You can run FG on a Mac via a Windows emulator such as Wine. But I have not heard of an emulator being available for an iPad, though I've never looked for one.

Trenloe
October 14th, 2016, 00:29
You can't run it on tablets in the current version. Maybe sometime in the future once the Unity version has been out for a while...

thedougalbug
October 14th, 2016, 01:15
Yeah unfortunately iOS is built in a different way to Mac OS so unless the devs have plans for the unity engine don't expect an iPad version anytime soon..

Although I'm so up for this version of it happens, I think there's lots of scope for it!

LordEntrails
October 14th, 2016, 01:27
... so unless the devs have plans for the unity engine ...
Uh, yea... have you searched the forums for "unity"?

They do have plans and are hard on work on a new version of FG built on the Unity platform :)

thedougalbug
October 14th, 2016, 01:45
Uh, yea... have you searched the forums for "unity"?

They do have plans and are hard on work on a new version of FG built on the Unity platform :)

Well I guess that's that then! XD

Blahness98
October 14th, 2016, 02:41
If you leave the laptop on, you can use Chrome Remote Desktop to get into it. Not the best option considering the lack of a keyboard, but could work in a pinch..

lasmela
October 14th, 2016, 09:18
You can't run it on tablets in the current version. ...

That really depends on your definition of "tablets". If your "tablet" has windows and enough power, it runs fine. However most devices that run it smoothly are more laptop than tablet. I have successfully used the Surface Pro 3 to DM games but the screen size is not really optimal.

Nylanfs
October 14th, 2016, 12:22
Welcome to the forums and FG community lasmela!

lasmela
October 14th, 2016, 13:08
Thank you, glad to be here :p