PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Need 1 player and standy-bys 5e Sunday @7pm EST

EL_IS
October 13th, 2016, 21:23
Hello,

I have played a few basic nights of D&D, but the campaigns fell apart due to lack of attendance.
The game is going to be a mix of a few home brewed one shots, and possibly an actual campaign around level 5 or something. I would like to keep this game going long term, but we all know life gets in the way eventually.

We are playing Sunday nights roughly 7 pm - 1 am (Eastern USA) , due to work conflicts and etc there is a little flex time there, as well the day may shift from week to week depending on everyone's availability (hopefully not, but I would like one night every week at least).

Party Structure: Currently we have 4 people, Looking for 5-6 max party size.
We definitely have room for 1 player for the first night, for the following week I may try to squeeze in others
Currently we have a:
Blood Hunter, (Melee)
Fighter, (Melee)
Tempest Cleric (Willing to provide around 75% of the healing power)
Sorcerer (Character pending/not created yet)
Our 5th member hasn't been responding recently and if he doesn't show up on this Sunday he'll probably be booted unless he has good reason, hence the preferred extra stand-by or 2.
A class which is able to provide around 25% of the healing would be preferred because I know the Tempest Cleric wants to get his hands dirty and might need a little assistance here and there

Game Play Warning: If we know somebody is going to be 30 minutes late or so we may start playing without you but we WILL NOT MAKE ANY STORY DECISIONS without you.
For example, if we have been slowly clearing out numerous, or extensive caves for the local village, or to get to the other side or something; and have spent the last few sessions doing so. We may progress without you, but if there is an important decision to be made we'll wait for you to return, keep in mind this is only if we know you aren't going to be delayed for long, or have given your prior consent to play without you.

Edition: We are playing D&D 5th Edition, feel free to pull anything you want to play from the PHB, I am also allowing Elemental Evil, as well as Sword's Coast Adventure Guide as long as you confirm with the DM first. Also if you noticed Blood Hunter is a homebrew class but it fits the story, the player simply asked the DM if he could play it and was allowed.
License: We all own the basic game, and I don't know think a Trial edition would work if you didn't own your own copy
Voice: Will have been using Discord to communicate via voice, it is free and required for this campaign for ease of use for everybody.
Text: Currently we are using discord to communicate outside of game nights as it works as a message board for everybody.
Time: Sunday 7 PM EST (Eastern USA) ( -5 GMT, I think...)
FG experience: I have been playing Fantasy Grounds and D&D for several months now, I don't have an extensive knowledge of the game, but 2 of the other players in the group do. I would also like to mention this is my first time being a DM, so it would be highly preferred if the players attending had a fair level of understanding of D&D and FG as to not burden the DM as much and hopefully help things flow smoothly.
*Rated M for Mature* (Just a fair warning in case anyone can't handle a bit of foul language)
Character Level: We will be starting at level 2 with Class starting equipment, Background starting equipment, and an additional 50 Gold. Also stats will be 4d6 drop lowest, and if you completely fumble the role than you can revert to point buy.

I think that's about everything, If possible, once you have been accepted by the DM have a character created (with the point buy system) ready to be imported into the campaign. The server should be open early on Sunday so you can roll your stats with witnesses, and adjust your character.

If anyone is interested or has any questions either post here or send me a private message, whichever you feel more comfortable with, I'll probably respond fairly quick as game day is approaching, after the first sessions probably within a day or 2 as long as I remember about here.

Acceptance will be on a first come first serve basis, but we are looking for a minimum 1 Primary Healer.
Thank you

EL_IS
October 14th, 2016, 09:25
1 Player found.
Could still use a stand-by in-case of a no show, or future drop outs.

EL_IS
October 19th, 2016, 22:35
we have 4 confirmed players, and a 5th is going be showing up this Sunday, he may or may not stick around.
Blood hunter, Tempest Cleric, Bard, and Paladin/Sorc.
The 5th person showing up will be the fighter (He missed last Sunday's game)

Newly added druid,
...Filled up for now...

Thanks

EL_IS
November 4th, 2016, 20:27
Back down to 4 players, could use a 5th for this week, and a stand-by for future weeks.
Party composition so far is Blood hunter, Tempest Cleric, Bard, Fighter

Echomikedelta
November 6th, 2016, 01:55
How about a War Priest?

santhinal
November 6th, 2016, 01:15
i assume with the addition of the bard you have an opening in the offensive spellcasting department? if so i can roll up a wizard, or if you would prefer me to use a more physical class i can roll a rouge (though i only do that with DM's that allow homebrew rules and poisons) finally if you still want that 25% healing i can go into my more holy mode i can roll a paladin or if you want a mix of every roll i can even connect with nature and roll up a ranger to heal group control and provide a solid amount of defense :D

santhinal
November 6th, 2016, 01:17
my main computer is just down right now (the power port broke) so i may have to reinstall some things if you need me to (still got fantasy grounds and my stuff on it but nothing else)

santhinal
November 6th, 2016, 01:25
actually i would prefer it if i could be a ranger please (if you want me in the group) i have one rolled up that i can send to you if you give me your email. also i am very flexible with time we can play and im also on EST time so i fit fairly well for the group.

QuantXT
November 7th, 2016, 04:26
Howdy howdy. Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring as a stand-by. I can play pretty much whatever is needed for the group in any given session but I have the most play time on Rouge and Wizard.

HoloDarksbane
November 8th, 2016, 22:05
We're all set for the moment.