PDA

View Full Version : Storm King's Thunder

rob2e
October 13th, 2016, 03:19
Am I missing something, or is there no "battle map" for Bryn Shander. The Frost Giants attack and there is a huge encounter with NPCs, etc. But there's no map for the battle. Using the Bryn Shander map itself can't really be done because the scale is so large. Did I miss something? What are people doing in this situation?

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2016, 10:44
You are correct, there's no Battlemaps for any of the encounters in Chapter 2. I would have drawn up some but unfortunately I've had no time at all since I finished SKT. However can I recommend that you have a look through some of the other maps (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27298-Extensions-Modules-Pregens-and-other-5E-resources) for earlier modules - there's quite a few random maps in those packs which would fit the bill. One day I'll get around to running SKT myself and I'll likely do some maps then, but meantime you are on your own :)

Edit: Actually a lot of the maps that come free with FG could also be used for this purpose.

rob2e
October 13th, 2016, 18:08
You are correct, there's no Battlemaps for any of the encounters in Chapter 2. I would have drawn up some but unfortunately I've had no time at all since I finished SKT. However can I recommend that you have a look through some of the other maps (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27298-Extensions-Modules-Pregens-and-other-5E-resources) for earlier modules - there's quite a few random maps in those packs which would fit the bill. One day I'll get around to running SKT myself and I'll likely do some maps then, but meantime you are on your own :)

Edit: Actually a lot of the maps that come free with FG could also be used for this purpose.

ThanX Zacchaeus. Here's to the day when you get some "free time". Meanwhile, I shall endeavor to battle it out with 13 frost giants and two winter wolves SOMEWHERE! :)

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2016, 18:22
Take a look at the maps for Legacy of the Crystal Shard maps that I did. There's a couple of town maps in that one (although they do have snow in them) and there's a couple of useful ones in the PotA ones too. There's also a number of excellent random maps by other chaps in the maps thread.

rob2e
October 13th, 2016, 18:24
Take a look at the maps for Legacy of the Crystal Shard maps that I did. There's a couple of town maps in that one (although they do have snow in them) and there's a couple of useful ones in the PotA ones too. There's also a number of excellent random maps by other chaps in the maps thread.

Great thanX!