PDA

View Full Version : Modify BRP rulesest

flekhabren
October 13th, 2016, 01:16
I am new to fantasy grounds and I have not been able to find the pak for the BRP rule set where i could go in to add/modify powers, character sheet skills and stats, or other such information.

I've got fantasy grounds 3.1.7 and brp rule set 2010 version

damned
October 13th, 2016, 04:20
Hi flekhabren welcome to Fantasy Grounds! Rulesets are stored in the FG Data folder in the \rulesets directory. What are you seeing there?

flekhabren
October 13th, 2016, 04:26
7 pak files: 3.5e, 4e, 5e, CoreRPG, Fate Core, Numenera, PFRPG

damned
October 13th, 2016, 04:49
Did you buy here or on steam?
Have a look at the UserGuide p7 and make sure you have the right info in your settings - possibly BRP hasnt downloaded yet on your system.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf

flekhabren
October 13th, 2016, 14:39
I was able to find some BRP files in the data\docs folder. and when I start up fantasy grounds I am able to select BRP rule set. But I see nothing in extensions or rulesets

Moon Wizard
October 13th, 2016, 17:51
There's a Basic Roleplaying.pak file in the rulesets directory when I install.

Regards,
JPG

flekhabren
October 13th, 2016, 17:55
Maybe I installed it the wrong way? I went to settings and logged in with my fantasy ground account. I didn't do any other process.

Trenloe
October 13th, 2016, 18:01
There's a Basic Roleplaying.pak file in the rulesets directory when I install.

Regards,
JPG
Hey John, I think that some point recently the "Basic Roleplaying.pak" file was moved to the content vault. I noticed this when we were discussing a possible future update in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30581-BRP-Update/page2 and I was checking for updates - I deleted my \rulesets\Basic Roleplaying.pak file, ran an update (no new Basic Roleplaying.pak file) but I could still run and create campaigns for the Basic Roleplaying ruleset.

So, for new purchasers, they can't access the .pak file. I'm guessing this wasn't a conscious decision?

Moon Wizard
October 13th, 2016, 21:55
I believe it was inadvertent in this case. We updated the patch system, so that it should install outside the vault now.

Regards,
JPG

flekhabren
October 13th, 2016, 22:09
The update fixed it, I have a basic roleplaying.pak now. I can open up that with a zip program right?

Moon Wizard
October 14th, 2016, 00:46
Yes, it's a zip file. Make sure to check out the Developer Guides on the wiki when you're looking to make ruleset updates or extensions.

Regards,
JPG

Valarian
October 14th, 2016, 06:50
There's a simple extension for BRP in my ruleset folder (see the signature). It replaces skills for FASA Star Trek. It may be useful as a starting place for customisation.

flekhabren
October 14th, 2016, 19:15
now that I have gotten in to look at it I think what I am wanting is to make an item that shows up in the library for an easy way to add powers to the character sheet. I found the Module Makers Manual in another post.

I think that would get me through it but It would help if I could start with the power list from the BRP ruleset. does anyone know what file that is specifically?

Trenloe
October 14th, 2016, 19:40
I think that would get me through it but It would help if I could start with the power list from the BRP ruleset. does anyone know what file that is specifically?
It's in the library module: BRPGamesystem.mod. Examples of powers can be seen at line 2605 in client.xml - this shows two links to mutation lists. The second reference.BRPlists.list-002@BRP Game System points to the data for each mutation (power) which starts at reference -> BRPLists -> list-002 at line 11430.

Open that module in Fantasy Grounds and see how the data is presented: BRP Game System -> 4. Powers -> Mutations -> "Mutations" link (at the end of the expanded Mutations section).

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

flekhabren
October 14th, 2016, 21:23
I think I found it, I will look it over and see if I can use that, thanks

flekhabren
November 2nd, 2016, 02:50
I have another question reguarding modifying the BRP ruleset.

in the sample extension campaign files that come with BRP in the myqscript.lua there is a section where you can define the characteristics.

In that section there is a Name and Roll option. In my flavor of BRP I added races and change the values of the roll portion of some of the stats so they are not all x5 as is normal for BRP. is there a way to change that or should I make new stats or skills to cover those?