PDA

View Full Version : Adding Spells

Alkaven
September 13th, 2005, 22:45
I was wondering if I could get a bit more specific information on adding spells to the house rules list.

What I'm going for is to have an opening page in the house rules section (example: a section called "Spells" under "House Rules").

Within that opening page, six links: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Ranger, Paladin, Wizard/Sorcerer linked to pages similar to the spell lists under the class descriptions.

And obviously links from those spells (just like the spell lists) that link to the spell descriptions.

The reason why I want added spells and core spells seperated is because it's a smaller list for players who are looking for a spell from a supplement book.

Thanks in advance.

Alkaven
September 14th, 2005, 05:31
Wow. I'm gonna have to figure this out on my own then. I'll post a mini-tutorial once I got something done.

Alkaven
October 12th, 2005, 16:10
Still couldn't figure it out. I've tried everything I could think of using alot of the content already there. I can manage to add a spell to the list of spells in the default spell-list. But I can't add spells to the house-rules section. When I try, the link 'never' works.

Anyone managed to figure out a way to do this?

Cantstanzya
October 12th, 2005, 17:19
I was able to get it to work in my ruleset but I must admit it took me a very long time to figure it out. Have you already gone to the trouble to create the files with the spells in them? If so, send them to me I will show you what needs to happen for them to show up the way you want them in the "House Rules" section. I have a ton of notes highlighting all of this but never got around to puting them into a tutorial. When I say notes, it is chicken scratch but I can put it into an email explaining what I did. If you could make a tutorial out of this the comunity would appreciate it.

Alkaven
October 17th, 2005, 18:38
I haven't had a chance to do anything further with it, and I don't have the files done up yet. Right now, priority is fixing that issue where the application dies everytime I try to open up the list of modules.

gurney9999
October 25th, 2005, 20:47
I'm going to look at this tonight. If I can get it to work (big if) I'll use this as a future tutorial topic (but I'll still post here how to do it).