PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Damage Effect?

argovian
October 12th, 2016, 17:39
I'm looking to create an effect on some of my monsters along the following lines:

IF: DMGTYPE(radiant);Heal Incoming Damage (rather than taking it)

Is something like this possible? I'm not sure how to tell Fantasy grounds to do the Heal Effect for the incoming damage

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2016, 17:56
I don't think you'll be able to do that. IF can only test for creature types, alignment and size along with conditions such as poisoned or bloodied; it can't test for damage types. The only way you would be able to do this would be to make the creature Immune to the damage type (which is effectively what you are doing) and then SHIFT Drag the damage that would have been dealt onto the creature to effect the heal.

argovian
October 12th, 2016, 18:00
I don't think you'll be able to do that. IF can only test for creature types, alignment and size along with conditions such as poisoned or bloodied; it can't test for damage types. The only way you would be able to do this would be to make the creature Immune to the damage type (which is effectively what you are doing) and then SHIFT Drag the damage that would have been dealt onto the creature to effect the heal.

ok, thanks for the tip!