PDA

View Full Version : Mutants & Masterminds sync isse

MrJimbo
October 11th, 2016, 06:25
Hi,

I have bought Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition and have started my sessions as a GM and I have problems with the clients syncing the Handbook to their clients.

At first all had the problem and even after getting the content (many errors, restarts, force load) all got it but then later they had the same problem again and for two out of four it has now solved and seem stable for last play. The other two does not get the "book", what to do?

One client is on local network, is a mac and had no problem with D&D 5e, the other is on the net, is a Windows (he tried two of his computers) and is new the FG. Those who succeeded is on the net with PC.

It shows in Modules (sometimes not) and even in 'The Net' but grayed out or sometimes only with heading and no picture.

Server runs on a Mac and is up all the time but I have restarted it a few times (even the server) to se if it fixes anything - still don't see any clues here.

Never had any problem with D&D 5e (huge fan of FG implementation) but M&Ms seems old and buggy and without the book its close to a waste.
Please help!

damned
October 11th, 2016, 08:34
Hey MrJimbo - is the GM PC on WiFi?
Do a quick test
ping 8.8.8.8 -n 1000
how many lost packets?

MrJimbo
October 11th, 2016, 12:57
Hey! I have it connected via wire and a 100/100 Mbps internet connection
I pinged from work via wire and got:
Packets: Sent = 1000, Received = 1000, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 13ms, Average = 6ms

The client at home is on a wifi.

damned
October 11th, 2016, 14:03
Does the WiFi client have a copy of the book?
If not do the ping test on the client PC too.
Then delete the cache for that campaign only on the Client PC and connect to the server while no one else is connected. Wait 5mins and then try to open the Manual.

MrJimbo
October 12th, 2016, 21:07
I have now tried the local mac client and tested it with a standard license to get a local copy (this worked), she has used the demo because I run the server with an ultimate license. (I might try again with a demo license just to get it down).

I will check the the second client with the problem as soon as I can get hold of my player and make him do the work! (thanks for great suggestions)