PDA

View Full Version : Expedition to Sleeper Island - a 5e West Marches Campaign

Koreapsu
October 11th, 2016, 03:53
Expedition to Sleeper Island

System: D&D 5e

Day / Time: All

Time Zone: All

Platforms: - Fantasy Grounds & Discord Voice. - Discord Play by Post.

Our new story arc has just started. This is a GREAT time to join with a fresh character and play through and discover what terrible threat is about to assail the explorers on the island.

D&D 5e West Marches game set on the continent to the south west of Faerun - Katashaka.

New players, Fantasy Grounds users & Play by Post Players are very welcome !!

-No knowledge or Fantasy Grounds license needed

-Automated character creation and item shopping via Discord bots.

-15+ sessions per week.

-DMs all over the world - all major time zones covered.

-Town building.

-Complex crafting.

-All official content accepted and Most Subclasses of Unearthed Arcana.

-New content constantly added - next up is the Monster Hunter expansion.

-More than 1000 players! 20 DMs. Players are encouraged to move up and start DMing sessions.

-Pugilist Class just released, Blood Hunter, and Alchemist in testing!

-Play in large multi-session arcs, or one-shots when you can find the time and carry your character through each session.

-We've recently just started our first Play by Post game which is going remarkably well. As more players join looking for PbP more games will start so everyone will get the chance to play.

-Custom built campaign management website being built right now. Everything you'll need to do all your "in town" stuff while you're at work, or school...

We are looking for players and DMs.

DMs will need FG experience but players can be completely new - and you can play for free with the demo edition of Fantasy Grounds- all our DMs have the Ultimate license.

We have a great group of players who like to chat about D&D and pretty much everything else. The game is also a community - there is no need to leave if you can't play for a while - wait until real life has settled down and then resume playing your character. Come to play, stay to chat.

Check out our Player Made Introduction to get a feel for what Sleeper Island is all about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsZzZvt3I_o

https://discord.gg/k7uX8ww

https://www.twitch.tv/sleeperisland

https://www.patreon.com/sleeperisland

Aaron
October 11th, 2016, 07:10
I am very keen for this. Please sign me up.

hagrid70
October 11th, 2016, 07:21
im in of course :D

selsalot2000
October 11th, 2016, 07:24
Super keen, sign me up good sir.

Nulk
October 11th, 2016, 07:27
And I'm in as well yup yup

Koreapsu
October 11th, 2016, 07:44
Great stuff, still looking for 12 more people.

plyrs
October 11th, 2016, 08:08
Always on board for marching west. Chase that sunset!

Drizzard
October 11th, 2016, 09:07
Count me in! I'd love to be part of this.

Delm74
October 11th, 2016, 11:39
This sounds great and the time difference works for me (late mornings Central European Time)!

ski843
October 11th, 2016, 12:08
I would love to join! I can't wait to try new characters.

Koreapsu
October 11th, 2016, 18:52
Still looking for more. Come join the fun!

AsmodeusNZ
October 11th, 2016, 21:57
Very keen. Sign me up!

Vantier
October 11th, 2016, 22:45
Sounds like a lot of fun. Might be able to make a Sunday bi-weekly.

StintedVisions
October 12th, 2016, 06:22
I'd definitely be interested. If I wouldn't be able to stay until 12pm GMT though, the latest I'd be able to stay is 10:30pm as I'd have to leave for work. Would this be workable? If not I understand.

Hermundure
October 12th, 2016, 12:34
I would be interested in this also!

damned
October 12th, 2016, 13:32
I'd definitely be interested. If I wouldn't be able to stay until 12pm GMT though, the latest I'd be able to stay is 10:30pm as I'd have to leave for work. Would this be workable? If not I understand.

Just ensure you die by 1030 each time.
Roll up a new char for the next session!
Go out in a blaze of glory!

Koreapsu
October 12th, 2016, 20:40
There seems to be a bit of confusion around how session planning works in a West Marches campaign. I've had quite a few questions along the lines of "I could only play once a month is this ok?" or like above "I have to finish by a certain time will this work?"

I'll explain it all shortly.

Still looking for more players btw, sign up! What an awesome crew we're going to have!

EL_IS
October 12th, 2016, 21:53
Well, I hope there is still room for me, I forgot to sign up last night.
Sounds like I'll have to wait till the full explanation comes out too

Koreapsu
October 12th, 2016, 22:22
"I can only play every two weeks", " I can only play on Wednesdays", "I have to leave by 11pm" etc.

In a West Marches campaign the onus is on the players to schedule sessions. As the DM I will never schedule a session.

You take what rumours you have uncovered, or locations you have seen, or groups of monsters you have noticed and send out an email to all the other players in the group advertising the mission you want to do, the time, and the duration. For example:

Hi guys, that temple that was recently discovered on the map could be an awesome place to explore, I'd like to put together a group for next Wednesday at 8pm-11pm to ransack the place and score all the great magical items it surely holds. Who wants in?

Now as soon as at least 4 people have said they are keen to go this is a locked in date and the guy who created it can put it on our calendar (we have a website and forum coming). This calendar synchs with google calendars and other common apps. This planning process needs to be finished at least 7 days before the session date. I will then create exactly the content needed for this as either a 1 or 2 shot adventure. Generally you'll be investigating map features so I'll have content already prepared.

So for people with the comments above and the PMs about what time the sessions would be - you need to be proactive and schedule the sessions on days and times you can play. "Hey guys what do you want to do next Friday?" won't cut it. Be specific and make it sounds enticing, one of the drawcards to a West Marches campaign is competition - make those people that didn't attend your session, or who replied too late regret it! Brag about the awesome session, show off your shiny new armour, tease them with the new spells you found. Make them wish they had started a mission to that place, or replied faster to your email.

Koreapsu
October 12th, 2016, 22:36
Two spots left. Get in while you can!

Koreapsu
October 13th, 2016, 21:33
It looks like we have a lot, we can take two more.

Koreapsu
October 14th, 2016, 20:45
Last call. After this I'll bump it once per week or as we need players.

Koreapsu
October 15th, 2016, 21:04
Crikey 20 signups!

Alrighty if anyone is still interested PM me in the future. There will be plenty of deaths in this campaign and the format might now work for some people so spots will open.

All the signups please check your email later today for character creation details.

Hermundure
October 15th, 2016, 22:18
Many pc deaths sound like an exciting place to be ;-)

Together with some critical tables for lost eyes, ears and limbs, this roster of 20 adventurers will quickly turn into a repulsive sight for any new arriving adventurers ;-p

hagrid70
October 15th, 2016, 22:39
i think my character portrait will start blank, and slowly grow a hung man... you know.... add a line every time you roll a death save.

Hermundure
October 18th, 2016, 17:39
Hagrid unfortunately Koreapsu dont want to go THAT harsh on us and doesnt plan to use chopped or broken limbs and cut out eyes in his crit tables (at least he said so on TS) - maybe if we all look at him with biiiiiiiiig eyes he will implement that before the game starts ;-)

Raise the difficulty curve! Let us cling together! ;-p

Kighl
October 22nd, 2016, 02:50
i would be interested in joining. i could go for a twice a month appearance.

Hermundure
November 6th, 2016, 08:36
Koreapsu is it possible to leave the server running today?
I will finish my char with the effects, create a backstory and take a look at the newavailable races :-)

BTW are the new races accessible offline also somewhere?

Greetings from germany!

Herm

Koreapsu
November 7th, 2016, 01:50
Probably room for a few more people. We're about a month out from start and there's still a lot to do.

Com join the fun.

justenrules
November 7th, 2016, 02:49
I'd be interested in joining if there's room.

C8kiemonstr
November 9th, 2016, 04:45
Sounds terrific! I'm quite new to FG however, so I may need a bit of assistance, but I'd love to join!

Koreapsu
November 13th, 2016, 06:10
Join up on the calendar mate, the more the merrier. There are plenty of players willing to help out with set up etc and the beauty of this kind of game is you play as often or as little as you want. So you can learn at your own pace.

Still open for players btw.

Koreapsu
January 2nd, 2017, 01:57
There have been deaths, and probably more tonight!

Currently recruiting more brave souls for Sleeper Island!

Koreapsu
January 5th, 2017, 20:54
Still looking for more.

StintedVisions
January 5th, 2017, 22:10
I really want to, its just so late for me.

Lokth
January 7th, 2017, 05:50
This looks interesting! But not so newbie friendly. Signed up anyway.

Reafti
January 7th, 2017, 19:54
Id love to join in on a west marches style game and your availability to GM is AMAZING. Signed up on Calendar, really hoping to get in on this.

Yskonyn
January 17th, 2017, 22:13
This seems like an excellent fit for my situation! :) Thanks to @damned for pointing me to this thread!
If I would be welcome, then please, by all means I would like to sign up.

Sumony
January 17th, 2017, 22:33
I would love to join in if there is still space

Roakana
January 19th, 2017, 03:24
I signed up. figure im pretty far down the list but whenever it happens i want to see how this works. sounds like a cool way to run a campaign.

cover me!
January 22nd, 2017, 04:08
HI Guys, Im based in HK (+8GMT) where are you guys at with this? Still playing?

Koreapsu
February 2nd, 2017, 23:23
You know what? We can still take more.

Join us here (https://discord.gg/2rusaqg) if you're interested and send me (Kor) a message.

Koreapsu
April 26th, 2018, 00:17
Always accepting new people.

Our community is at about 700 players now. Come join the fun.

knackman21
July 31st, 2018, 05:08
i'm new to fantasy grounds can i join

Koreapsu
August 1st, 2018, 01:02
What's up there?

Koreapsu
October 6th, 2018, 08:06
Get up there for all those new FG people!

mogul76
October 6th, 2018, 22:46
For those who may be interested: I've been playing in the Sleeper Island campaign for slightly less than six months now. So far, the experience's been great! There are many DM's who run sessions all the time as well as dozens and dozens of players from across the world. The community is very international (which is something I love about SI) and extremely welcoming. The DM's put a lot of effort in preparing their sessions which normally run for 3 to 5 hours. The adventures range from dungeon crawls and exploration of Katashaka's wilderness to intrigues, social interaction, pure RP and a mixture of all of these. Koreapsu is from New Zealand. Most other DM's are either from North America or Europe. Together, they cover many different time zones. As a member of the SI community you're free to play as often (or seldom) as you want to, or your schedule allows. Besides treating the other players and DM's with respect and fair play, there are no obligations. All DM's own an Ultimate FG license and at the very least FG's modules of the D&D 5e Player's Handbook, Monster Manual and Dungeon Master's Guide. So, as a player you can enjoy the campaign completely for free. Since we're looking for new players all the time, I encourage you to give our West Marches campaign a try. For more details, please refer to the first post in this thread.

AFNick12
October 7th, 2018, 19:52
Need some more players. Im free anytime after 230pm est. Let me know.