PDA

View Full Version : FG-crashing (v3.1.7) scenario

swest
October 10th, 2016, 02:45
Greetings,

We discovered this in our gaming session last night.

A Player took it upon himself to drag his PC's token from the Character Sheet onto the current Map.

When I saw it appear, I told him that, as GM, I have to drag his token from the Combat Tracker, because that is what makes everything work correctly.

At this point, the following sequence ensued:

I right-clicked on his token and brought up the radial menu.
I selected 'Delete Token' and clicked
I was presented with the second 'Delete This Token' or 'Delete All Tokens' radial menu
Before I clicked on the 'Delete This Token' button, the Player, on his own, deleted his token from the map, and it disappeared from my view.
I went ahead and clicked on the 'Delete This Token' button (even though the Token had already disappeared.)
Fantasy Grounds crashed.

We repeated this experiment later.

Seems to be a clear case of deallocation of a null pointer, or some such...

Anyway, not a huge deal, but I work in the Industry, and the program should never crash. ;-)

So, do with this what you will.

Cheers,

- s.west

Nickademus
October 10th, 2016, 03:06
I've had this happen as well, and seen it happen in games I play in.

Generally we have a rule that only the GM deletes stuff.

MarianDz
October 10th, 2016, 07:21
thanks for important informations "swest"
From today Im going start prevent it as "Nickademus" typed. "Generally we have a rule that only the GM deletes stuff!"

damned
October 10th, 2016, 11:17
This type of crash has happened in other similar situations where the GM goes to delete a record that is still showing but has already been deleted.

swest
October 10th, 2016, 17:58
This type of crash has happened in other similar situations where the GM goes to delete a record that is still showing but has already been deleted.

Right. I just wanted to give the developers a specific, and repeatable, crash scenario so that they could fix it. I assume that they don't want FG to crash, ever.

Did I post this in the right place for the right folks to see it?

Thx,

- s.west

Moon Wizard
October 10th, 2016, 22:09
Yes, perfect place to post. Thanks for the detailed steps, they make my job much easier.

Regards,
JPG