PDA

View Full Version : new and needing help

Phlyghtt79
October 9th, 2016, 14:06
i built a character in pcgen for pathfinder games and am interested in playing any pathfinder or d&d games but i don't know how to use fantasy grounds to finish my character or to play games. will anyone be willing to show me around fantasy grounds and maybe help me find a game to play too? i would be very appreciative. if you will like to help me out please message me here with date and time to meet you and do this. i currently have installed teamspeak to chat but i will be willing to chat any other way too. thanks :)

a preview of the character i built in pcgen:
15581 15582

dulux-oz
October 9th, 2016, 14:15
Hello Phlyghtt, and Welcome! to the Community,

Not a direct answer to your plee, but if you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

As far as getting a game, the best advice I can give is keep an eye on the LFG (Looking For Game) Threads and contact the GMs if something catches your eye. It may take a short while, but you'll find something eventually.

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

Zacchaeus
October 9th, 2016, 14:15
Hi Phlyghtt79. Keep a close eye on this forum since this is where you'll find games advertised by DMs looking for players.

You should also have a look at FG Con which is happening next weekend (click the link in my signature for details). I believe that there are still plenty of spaces left in some of the many Pathfinder Games being run during the CON.