PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mines of Phandelver - Weekend Game

Ramtrap
October 8th, 2016, 17:41
I am starting a new post to clear up a prior post I'd started in order to be as clear as I can with this campaign.

I am looking for a total of 5-6 people to start a Level 1 campaign with Lost Mines of Phandelver. Here's what we're looking at:

Weekly to bi-weekly game starting Friday or Saturday (start time TBD, any times I list are EST)
Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign as a jump-off point
All characters start at Level One and are either created via Point Buy or standard array (15,14,13,12,10,8)
Prefer at least voice-chat, video optional
Once Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign is finished, jump into another campaign and carry on

The following six people that have shown interest so far are below, to include their role, character information (if known), best available day, and time:

Ramtrap (PC or GM if we can't find one, open to play any character class, Friday or Saturday, after 8 pm)
shifter (PC, Cleric, Saturday, >8 pm)
w1lly0 (PC, Druid, Friday or Saturday, >8 pm)
Zcapitan (PC, Ranger, Friday--Saturday possible, but trickier--, >8 pm)
Kingofthecrows (PC, Paladin, Friday or Saturday, any time)
Phlyghtt79 (PC, Fighter, Saturday, >8 pm)

valiantcosmos (PC, *unk*, *unk*, *unk*) - Haven't heard from him
Meep (PC, Sorcerer/Wizard, Saturday, *unk*) - Haven't heard from him

As a resource for everyone:
Create a character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nurEMR4JJeU
Import/Export a character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzd6zPxClF (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzd6zPxClFY)

So to recap, we've got a Druid, Ranger , Fighter, Paladin, Cleric and a Druid. That's 5 PCs, which this campaign is for 4-5 PCs.

I have the Ultimate License as well as the Core Class Handbook and the Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign. I am still new to FG, so I anticipate some growing pains, but I'm going to do my best! I just want to play with a group who are in it to have fun, won't end up quitting half-way through the campaign (or first dungeon), and want to build something through this campaign that could turn into further adventuring.

I figure on @ 2.5-3 hours each play session. Would like to potentially start this next weekend (October 15th) if I can learn the software and DMing skills quickly enough! Thanks!

We're good for Saturday, the 15th at 8 pm.

w1lly0
October 8th, 2016, 18:39
Anytime Fridays or Saturdays still works for me. As far as class, I had been waiting to see what others wanted to play. I'll go ahead and come up with something and edit this reply later today.

Edit: Going to go with druid unless someone else had their heart set on that. Standard license.

Zacchaeus
October 8th, 2016, 23:20
It may be a good idea to specify what time zone you are in :)

Ramtrap
October 8th, 2016, 23:37
It may be a good idea to specify what time zone you are in :)

Good point! I'd had it in my original post but forgot to put it back in I am EST. I'll fix the first post here as well. Thanks!

Kingofthecrows
October 8th, 2016, 23:43
I'm willing to play any class that helps with team synergy. I work 9-5 EST on weekdays, and free one weekends, so any other times, I'd be free to play. Let me know when possible if I'd be considered. Thanks.

Ramtrap
October 9th, 2016, 00:40
I'm willing to play any class that helps with team synergy. I work 9-5 EST on weekdays, and free one weekends, so any other times, I'd be free to play. Let me know when possible if I'd be considered. Thanks.

Sounds good; I've got you on the first post as a PC. That puts us at 6 people that have replied, but only 3 of which are on this thread. I'm still willing to learn how to DM and how to use FG, but I've got little to no experience with both--but totally willing to learn.

Anyone have an opinion on whether we find a GM or just get on with it and start this up sooner? Is there a GM willing to campaign with us?

Ramtrap
October 9th, 2016, 00:49
Anytime Fridays or Saturdays still works for me. As far as class, I had been waiting to see what others wanted to play. I'll go ahead and come up with something and edit this reply later today.

Edit: Going to go with druid unless someone else had their heart set on that. Standard license.

I've got you down as a Druid. When possible, can you create your character and have it ready for export whenever we start? Or we could potentially have a Skype session and build characters at some point in preparation, kinda get to know people?

Kingofthecrows
October 9th, 2016, 00:52
I have all the handbooks so if you have questions, I'll help you look it up.

Ramtrap
October 9th, 2016, 00:54
I have all the handbooks so if you have questions, I'll help you look it up.

I have the physical copies of the books, but will likely double up and get them in FG, too. At least the Core Class Pack and the Campaign (if I end up GMing).

w1lly0
October 9th, 2016, 01:28
I've got you down as a Druid. When possible, can you create your character and have it ready for export whenever we start? Or we could potentially have a Skype session and build characters at some point in preparation, kinda get to know people?

It's mostly ready to export. I'm reading up a bit to make sure there's no errors. I'm ultra rusty so I hope this group has patience. :)

Ramtrap
October 9th, 2016, 01:37
It's mostly ready to export. I'm reading up a bit to make sure there's no errors. I'm ultra rusty so I hope this group has patience. :)

I'm reading up on how to do a lot of this stuff in FG, myself. I'm creating a generic fighter on paper and going to convert in FG to see how that goes. Obviously if I GM for us, then I'll have the Core Class Book to simplify adding all the available races and classes. Will have to find out if Kingofthecrows has physical copies of the books, or if they're on FG.

ZCapitan
October 9th, 2016, 06:20
Would love to be a Ranger. I am a noob in most regards. Patience will be broad. I am pumped for this. I am on est. late night would work for me.

Meep
October 9th, 2016, 06:32
I'm interesting in playing. I would prefer to play either a sorcerer or a wizard. This would be my first jump into 5e. I played some 4e a few years ago, but I would love to get back into it. I would be available on Saturday and Sunday.

I would need some help here and there.

Ramtrap
October 9th, 2016, 12:49
Would love to be a Ranger. I am a noob in most regards. Patience will be broad. I am pumped for this. I am on est. late night would work for me.

I updated the first post with you as a Ranger. I think I remember you saying in the other thread that Friday is better, but Saturdays would work, just an issue with the timing? Still planning on this being played no earlier than 8 pm, though the day isn't yet set in stone.

So right now, I have for you:
Zcapitan (PC, Ranger, Friday--Saturday possible, but trickier--, *unk*)

Is this correct? If so, can you just let me know if Saturdays are possible, and if so, what time is good?

Thanks!

Ramtrap
October 9th, 2016, 12:52
I'm interesting in playing. I would prefer to play either a sorcerer or a wizard. This would be my first jump into 5e. I played some 4e a few years ago, but I would love to get back into it. I would be available on Saturday and Sunday.

I would need some help here and there.

I've updated the first post with your information. You make the third person to have identified a class, at least. Once we have 4-5, I think we can confirm schedules and get this on the road. It's looking like Saturdays around 8 pm are going to be the preferred time. Are you good with that?

Thanks! Will

Phlyghtt79
October 9th, 2016, 15:49
I want to get in this game. I know (sort of) how to build my character in PCGen and I will check out those tutorials you linked to to try and get a grip on how to use Fantasy Grounds but otherwise I am also very new to all this as well. I only have the free version of Fantasy Grounds too so I will need to play in group that already has Ultimate licence. I can Skype or Teamspeak. I am willing to play any character (prefer chaotic neutral warrior class) that will help the group too. Please PM me with more information about rules and whether or not I will be accepted to play in group. Thanks.

Phlyghtt79
October 9th, 2016, 15:53
Oh, I am in PST and would be available nearly anytime after 4pm (Fridays - Sundays)

Ramtrap
October 9th, 2016, 16:14
I want to get in this game. I know (sort of) how to build my character in PCGen and I will check out those tutorials you linked to to try and get a grip on how to use Fantasy Grounds but otherwise I am also very new to all this as well. I only have the free version of Fantasy Grounds too so I will need to play in group that already has Ultimate licence. I can Skype or Teamspeak. I am willing to play any character (prefer chaotic neutral warrior class) that will help the group too. Please PM me with more information about rules and whether or not I will be accepted to play in group. Thanks.

I've added you to the list of people that can play. I figure at worst case, we can have people as backups, because you never know when life's gonna happen and they can't make it. I'm going to send a PM to each of you with a request and the first 5 that reply back will form the first party and we can make plans to start the campaign. I still need to better acquaint myself with both FG and GMing, so I'm hoping we'll be good for next Saturday (15th). Thanks!

Phlyghtt79
October 9th, 2016, 16:18
I've added you to the list of people that can play. I figure at worst case, we can have people as backups, because you never know when life's gonna happen and they can't make it. I'm going to send a PM to each of you with a request and the first 5 that reply back will form the first party and we can make plans to start the campaign. I still need to better acquaint myself with both FG and GMing, so I'm hoping we'll be good for next Saturday (15th). Thanks!

Sounds great! Thanks :) I will look for the PM.

Phlyghtt79
October 9th, 2016, 20:32
Here is my character for the game so far. I did all I could to figure out how to create this guy in FG after importing from PCGen. I hope I got somewhat close to a decent build here. Let me know what you think and if you can offer any more help getting set and ready to play I will thank you.
--Phlyghtt79

Meep
October 9th, 2016, 21:35
I've updated the first post with your information. You make the third person to have identified a class, at least. Once we have 4-5, I think we can confirm schedules and get this on the road. It's looking like Saturdays around 8 pm are going to be the preferred time. Are you good with that?

Thanks! Will

Saturdays at 8pm EST? I'm CST so just making sure. And that would work perfectly for me.

shifter
October 9th, 2016, 23:29
Saturday after 8pm est works best for me, but can do friday if needed

Ramtrap
October 10th, 2016, 04:35
Saturdays at 8pm EST? I'm CST so just making sure. And that would work perfectly for me.

Yep, Saturdays at 8 pm EST is what it's looking like.

Ramtrap
October 10th, 2016, 04:35
Saturday after 8pm est works best for me, but can do friday if needed

I think it's going to end up being Saturdays after 8, which hopefully will work out for everyone.

Phlyghtt79
October 10th, 2016, 04:42
Thumbs up :)

Bilz
October 14th, 2016, 18:34
Reading through this thread, it looks like your group is full. Do you still have room?

StintedVisions
October 17th, 2016, 17:51
If you have a spot open, I'm interested, but I'd either only be able to play after 1130est (fri and sat) or every other saturday any time.

Phlyghtt79
October 17th, 2016, 18:20
If you have a spot open, I'm interested, but I'd either only be able to play after 1130est (fri and sat) or every other saturday any time.

If the game goes like last week, with some no show and some ill, we might consider picking up an extra player or two but I'm not DM so idk. If we do have a choice between starting a half hour later or playing only every other week, I beg we start a half hour later. Just saying.

StintedVisions
October 17th, 2016, 18:23
What time did you guys start last week?

Phlyghtt79
October 17th, 2016, 18:43
What time did you guys start last week?

My bad, hehe :P. I'm half asleep still. My timezone is PDT. We begin play at 8pm EST.

Phlyghtt79
October 17th, 2016, 18:46
Whatever, it's all on DM, if he wants to play later or whatever. Just saying I'd like to play every week and NOT every other week.