PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] East Texas Universtiy - Savage Worlds on Sat Night 8PM US ET (4-6 Players)

Ecaza
October 8th, 2016, 04:26
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: Eastern United States
Day of Week and Time: Sunday 7 PM to 10 PM (ish)
Planned Starting Date: November 6, 2016
Planned Frequency: Twice per month to start, although if there is enough interest, we may try to move to weekly.
Term: Long term preferred

Voice Software Used: Teamspeak 3. We will be using the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak 3 server. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Roleplay & Combat Mix: 75/25.
Number of Players Needed: I'm looking for 4-6 players.
Character Starting Level: All players will be students at East Texas University and will begin at Freshman (Novice) level.
Character Restrictions: No one may take the Townie Edge, as all players will be students at ETU.

Study. Party. Save The World.

East Texas University promises prestigious leadership, connected alumnae, the fantastic Southern climate of Pinebox, Texas...and annoying roommates, professors that try to kill you (literally), and things that go bump in the night. Enroll at your own risk. I'm looking for 4-6 people to play the East Texas University setting for Savage Worlds.

Can you survive four years of college? Join the game and find out!

Ecaza
October 17th, 2016, 14:58
I still haven't given up on this, so I'm going to re-schedule the first session for 11/5. No knowledge of ETU or SW is required and I have an Ultimate License, so anyone can download the demo and play!

Mask_of_winter
October 17th, 2016, 15:24
It was FG Con this weekend man :)
I'm sure someone will bite soon.

Mask_of_winter
October 17th, 2016, 15:24
Have you tried cross posting on FB and G+?

Litvyak
October 18th, 2016, 03:47
I'm interested! Three games of Savage Worlds at FG Con have reminded me of how much fun the system can be, and the ETU setting sounds great!

Ecaza
October 18th, 2016, 18:57
Derp! I forgot the past weekend was FGCon. And any suggestions on where to advertise? I don't do anything on G+ so I'm not sure where to post an advertisement.

And Litvyak, welcome aboard and lets see if we can get a few more players set up and in the game and we'll try to do a chargen/brainstorming session.

Litvyak
October 18th, 2016, 21:06
On G+ there are communities for both Fantasy Grounds (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110286911165948798500) and Savage Worlds (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114543562362623476863).

damned
October 19th, 2016, 04:54
If you have a game/system that attracts a smaller audience my recommendation is start when you have 2 or 3 players and post a weekly/fortnightly session recap - all the fun bits - and finish with "Looking for 1 more player". Always look for 1 player not more. It just works better. If you wait till you have 4 or 6 players you might lose some of your first players because they found other games running now. If you have 5 people interested in ETU logging in per week you might take (example) 4 weeks to get enough unique ETU players view your post and apply. If you are running 5e you get 20 5e players logging in every hour.

Wind Serpent
October 19th, 2016, 13:42
I would love to play ETU again, but the Saturday evening time is problematic for me. Due to a FTF campaign that often runs on Saturday, I won't be able to make that most of the time.

If switching to another time slot is an option, I would be happy to join.

Ecaza
October 20th, 2016, 04:38
If you have a game/system that attracts a smaller audience my recommendation is start when you have 2 or 3 players and post a weekly/fortnightly session recap - all the fun bits - and finish with "Looking for 1 more player". Always look for 1 player not more. It just works better. If you wait till you have 4 or 6 players you might lose some of your first players because they found other games running now. If you have 5 people interested in ETU logging in per week you might take (example) 4 weeks to get enough unique ETU players view your post and apply. If you are running 5e you get 20 5e players logging in every hour.

Excellent advice and I'll go ahead and plan to start when I have 2-3 players ready to go.

As far as the game date/time, I'm actually fairly flexible when it comes to that. It would have to be after 7 PM US Eastern or almost any time on weekends and the only time/days that are off limits (all US Eastern) are Sunday mornings 9 AM-12PM, any time on Mondays and Wednesday nights from 8-11.

So far it seems that Litvyak and Wind Serpent are interested and I'll put up an advertisement for the game. For Wind Serpent, what times would be best for you? And how about for you Litvyak?

Litvyak
October 20th, 2016, 18:41
I could do the original day and time or the same time on Sundays. I have commitments on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings, and I'm generally not available to play during the day.

Wind Serpent
October 20th, 2016, 22:19
7 PM US Eastern on either Sundays or Mondays would work for me.

Litvyak
October 20th, 2016, 23:01
I'll just add that 7pm on Sunday would work for me as a start time (probably the earliest I could start).

Ecaza
October 22nd, 2016, 02:00
Alright, so we'll plan on 7 PM on Sunday nights starting on 11/5. Our first session will be chargen and play. If you have an idea of what you would like to play, feel free to put down ideas here and see what we can work out. I'll also have the pre-gen archetypes up as well in our first session.

Litvyak
October 22nd, 2016, 02:47
Alright, so we'll plan on 7 PM on Sunday nights starting on 11/5. Our first session will be chargen and play. If you have an idea of what you would like to play, feel free to put down ideas here and see what we can work out. I'll also have the pre-gen archetypes up as well in our first session.

I think you mean 11/6. ;)

Anyways, my thoughts for a character:

Sarah Kwon - An Aerospace Engineering major whose primary skills are likely to be Investigation, Knowledge (Aerospace Engineering) and Repair. I'm thinking Martial Artist and Test Taker for Edges and Curious, Doubting Thomas and Pacifism (Minor) for Hindrances.

Ecaza
October 22nd, 2016, 06:06
Yes, you are correct. It should be 11/6, but I apparently can't read a calendar...

And the character concept sounds great!

goodmanje
October 23rd, 2016, 00:09
I actually graduated from East Texas State University! lol If this was on Saturday I would join. Sounds fun.

TrainofPain
October 23rd, 2016, 05:04
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: Eastern United States
Day of Week and Time: Saturday 8 PM-11 PM
Planned Starting Date: October 15, 2016
Planned Frequency: Twice per month to start, although if there is enough interest, we may try to move to weekly.
Term: Long term preferred

Voice Software Used: Teamspeak 3. We will be using the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak 3 server. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Roleplay & Combat Mix: 75/25.
Number of Players Needed: I'm looking for 4-6 players.
Character Starting Level: All players will be students at East Texas University and will begin at Freshman (Novice) level.
Character Restrictions: No one may take the Townie Edge, as all players will be students at ETU.

Study. Party. Save The World.

East Texas University promises prestigious leadership, connected alumnae, the fantastic Southern climate of Pinebox, Texas...and annoying roommates, professors that try to kill you (literally), and things that go bump in the night. Enroll at your own risk. I'm looking for 4-6 people to play the East Texas University setting for Savage Worlds.

Can you survive four years of college? Join the game and find out!

I would be willing to give it a shot (new player) but I am currently scheduled to play with a group (my first group ever) on Saturdays from 6pm-9pm so unfortunately those times won't work for me but if the time changes let me know and I would definitely consider it.

Litvyak
October 23rd, 2016, 05:06
I would be willing to give it a shot (new player) but I am currently scheduled to play with a group (my first group ever) on Saturdays from 6pm-9pm so unfortunately those times won't work for me but if the time changes let me know and I would definitely consider it.

The time already changed to Sundays starting at 7:00pm Eastern. First game is scheduled for 11/6.

Wind Serpent
October 23rd, 2016, 19:32
Speaking about characters, here's the character I'd like to run:

Bethany Flowers - The daughter of Pinebox mayor James Flowers, she has taken up the General Studies program, not yet having decided on what major to take. Her primary skills are Notice, Persuasion and Streetwise. Her edges are Noble, Attractive and Local Favorite, her Hindrances Curious, Loyal and Overprotective Parents.

(Can we adjust the thread title to account for the time change, BTW?)

ezjrny
October 23rd, 2016, 21:04
Hi there. Is it too late to throw my hat in the ring? I'm not real familiar with Savage Worlds as I'm a COC and D&D fan, but I have heard a lot about the system and would love to check it out and the East Texas University setting scratches my paranormal/horror itch. As if I wasn't enough of a novice, I also just got the Fantasy Grounds software, so I'm basically applying to be your well-meaning charity case that everyone gets annoyed with because I can't find the button to make the dice roll.

If this sounds appealing to you, then you're a masochist, but I'm willing to overlook that kind of personality deficit if it means I get to play. Not that I want to sound desperate or anything. (Please pick me. Please pick me.)

Litvyak
October 23rd, 2016, 21:39
Hi there. Is it too late to throw my hat in the ring? I'm not real familiar with Savage Worlds as I'm a COC and D&D fan, but I have heard a lot about the system and would love to check it out and the East Texas University setting scratches my paranormal/horror itch. As if I wasn't enough of a novice, I also just got the Fantasy Grounds software, so I'm basically applying to be your well-meaning charity case that everyone gets annoyed with because I can't find the button to make the dice roll.

If this sounds appealing to you, then you're a masochist, but I'm willing to overlook that kind of personality deficit if it means I get to play. Not that I want to sound desperate or anything. (Please pick me. Please pick me.)

I'm not the GM, but I'm fairly certain it's not to late. Be aware that the game is scheduled for Sundays at 7:00pm Eastern, not Saturdays at 8:00pm as mentioned in the thread title, and the first session is going to be two weeks from today.

As for being new the Fantasy Grounds... well, that's nothing to worry about. From a player perspective it's pretty simple to pick up. Rolling dice is generally just a matter of dragging and dropping traits from your character sheet, and you'll be an expert in no time. :)

Ecaza
October 24th, 2016, 04:24
Unfortunately, I can't see a way to adjust the actual thread title. I did change the info in the first post regarding the game.

I'll send a PM to TrainofPain to let him know that the time is different than the thread title indicates.

Ecaza
October 30th, 2016, 20:33
Many apologies for not posting here for a while, but it's been a crazy, crazy week!

I made a sign-up for the game at the Public Campaigns. It's called "The Best Four Years".

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?sort=name&sortdir=ascending&ruleset=Savage+Worlds&sort=name&sortdir=ascending

Trenloe
October 30th, 2016, 20:54
Link directly to the campaign here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2237

FYI - the game is showing 3am Eastern time start. @Ecaza - looks like you have not set your timezone in your profile. And when setting the time of the event, remember to enter pm after the time entry if not using 24 hour format.

Ecaza
October 31st, 2016, 15:34
I (re)set my Time Zone in my Profile and now it is showing 2 AM Eastern Time start for me.

Trenloe
October 31st, 2016, 16:03
I (re)set my Time Zone in my Profile and now it is showing 2 AM Eastern Time start for me.
If that isn't the time you plan to play then delete the scheduled play time and create a new one.