PDA

View Full Version : Running Sundered Skies for the first time

mountainbeta
October 7th, 2016, 20:43
After being burnt out on running a D&D 5e campaign on roll20 and taking a break from gaming for a few months. Seeing Fantasy Grounds on sale in the steam store I decided to give the software a shot. To get the best idea of what the software can do I figure I should get a ruleset so I can make full use of the software's features. I didn't want to spend a lot before knowing if I'll make good use of FG. I figured since I have the Savage World Deluxe PDF from a bundle of holding I bought awhile ago, I might as well get the add-on so I have the book to compare it to and try the system out. Well skip forward a few days later and I've upgraded to an ultimate licence, purchased the sundered skies setting and I'm planing a campaign for my group. Fantasy Grounds has some quirks to get used to and some minor issues where there could be some quality of life improvements but it's a great to use.

I played Savage Worlds years ago but haven't run it before so based on recommendations I have read, I am going to run a one page adventure in a non-fantasy setting to help move my players from a d20 frame of mind and I will be giving my players a copy of the one page combat survival guide. Is there any other recommendations for either add-ons, extensions, resources or things to keep in mind?

damned
October 8th, 2016, 01:37
Hey mountainbeta and welcome. There are a stack of Savage Worlds one shots running this coming weekend at FG Con 9. You might want to sign up for a game or two and see how it goes from the other side of the table.