PDA

View Full Version : [Tome of Beasts] Unbalanced creatures feedback

Zephyros
October 5th, 2016, 20:11
Hi, I'm making this thread to discuss the Tome of Beast's monsters and report things that are off.

@Zacchaeus, if there is already a thread for this, please send me a pm and delete this one. I don't know if is qualified for the 5e Bug Reports because I don't know if are you guys that will adjust these or if is the Kobold Press guys.

To start, the first creature that I'm reporting is the Sarcophagus Slime:

_Hit Points - Average is 119, not 105
_Challenge 5 - waaay off.... its average dmg per round is 16d6 + 4 = 60... this is a offensive cr close to 9. With all the calculations I ended with a final CR of 8 for him.

As I use other creatures from the tome in my table and find kinda off, I'll give the feedback here.

Zacchaeus
October 5th, 2016, 20:31
Feel free to report errors in the Tome of Beasts or any other 5e product in the 5e Bugs thread stickied above.

I think, though, that the items that you are reporting here are things that would need to be directed to Kobold Press. I agree with you in this case that the CR for this beastie is a bit off. I'd suggest perhaps limiting the Corrupting Gae and/or frightful presence by requiring a recharge. If you add (Recharge 5-6) to the headings thus "Frightful Presence (Recharge 5-6)" this should ameliorate the NPC somewhat.

Myrdin Potter
October 5th, 2016, 21:31
I saw a report over at Enworld that Kobold Press is releasing an errata for ToB soon. May want to check their site as well.