PDA

View Full Version : Polyglot - special functionality/language in the PFRPG ruleset.

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2016, 13:13
Reposting this here:

2. If a character has one of the following entries in their language list, it is treated as special case:
* Speaks all
* Understands all
* Comprehend languages
* Polyglot
* TonguesPolyglot is a 'normal' language in Golarion (the Pathfinder game world).

Andraax
October 5th, 2016, 13:41
Extension that changes the keyword "polyglot" to "realpolyglot" so that you can use "polyglot" as a language: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20332-Tenians-Language-Chat-Extension-for-select-FG-3-0-rulesets&p=292600&viewfull=1#post292600

Trenloe
October 5th, 2016, 13:51
Thanks for the feedback Andraax. Please leave this subject alone now, we know your feelings regarding this (you've made it very clear in the other thread).

Let's leave it up to the developers to make a decision on any changes to the PFRPG ruleset based off this.

@Devs - to clarify what Blackfoot is asking: would it be possible, in the PFRPG ruleset, to use something other than "polyglot" as a language keyword for the special functionality. Thanks.

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2016, 17:54
I'm going to patch this to remove "polyglot", which hopefully won't affect too many people. My guess is that it will not, but I've been wrong before.

I find it bewildering why someone would "override" a word meaning like this in their game system to make a general term more specific, but that's beside the point I guess. I was originally trying to provide a non-fantasy keyword which could be used to indicate that a PC spoke all languages, and "polyglot" is the best fit in the English language that I could find.

You will still get the same behavior by using "tongues". If some RPG makes a language called "Tongues", I'm done. ;P

JPG