PDA

View Full Version : Par5e Homebrew Class (Popup alternatives)

Salva
October 4th, 2016, 19:01
Hi, i have managed to parse with the PAR5E soft a hombrew Psion.
All good but i havent managed to make fantasy grounds popup a option list when the class has to choose for a ability o other list of options to choose like we a druid reaches 2nd level and FG popup a window to choose between "druid circles" like this 15552.
Ho do i configure this to make FG popup a window when the class has to choose between two or more alternatives?

My hombrew has to, at level one, choose between a list of disciplines but they dont popup, they are just in the description of the class: 15553

The structure in PAR5E is like this:
#fe;Discipline;1
Every psion must decide at 1st level which psionic discipline he will specialize in. Choosing a discipline provides a psion with access to the class skills associated with that discipline (see above), as well as the powers restricted to that discipline. However, choosing a discipline also means that the psion cannot learn powers that are restricted to other disciplines. He can’t even use such powers by employing psionic items. (See Psionic Disciplines, below, for a brief description of each discipline. Chapter 5 of this book contains a list of powers available to all psions and lists of powers restricted to certain disciplines).
#abh;Disciplines
A discipline is one of six groupings of powers, each defi ned by a common theme. The six disciplines are clairsentience, metacreativity, psychokinesis, psychometabolism, psychoportation, and telepathy.
#ab;Clairsentience
A psion who chooses clairsentience is known as a seer. Seers can learn precognitive powers to aid their comrades in combat, as well as powers that permit them to gather information in many different ways.
#ab;Metacreativity
A psion specializing in metacreativity is known as a shaper. This discipline includes powers that draw ectoplasm or matter from the Astral Plane, creating semisolid and solid items such as armor, weapons, or animated constructs to do battle at the shaper’s command.
etc,etc

How do i tell FG by PAR5E to popup a choose window?

Thank you very much

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2016, 19:06
You can't do that in the public version of Par5e unfortunately

kp9911
October 4th, 2016, 19:17
Unless you know how to edit the client.xml directly, there is no way for the "pop up" to occur unfortunately.

But don't worry this is one of the things on my list when I (hopefully :P) eventually make a parser for classes.

Salva
October 4th, 2016, 19:21
Hi Zacchaeus, thanks for the response.
If i understand well, it can be done but not with the PAR5E im using (public version).
Then there is another version of PAR5E (paid) or that can be used?
Thanks

Salva
October 4th, 2016, 19:23
Hey Kp9911, are you planning to male a parser for classes? That will be nice

kp9911
October 4th, 2016, 19:29
Hey Kp9911, are you planning to male a parser for classes? That will be nice

At the moment there is no "paid" version of Par5e. The developer of it, Zeus moved over and joined Smite Works and has continued to make awesome additions and value services for all of us be it directly or indirectly.

The public version of par5e however is pretty outdated in terms of what it can do however it does get the job done with a little twists and turns :D

I am not the only one here however that has made a parser, if you look well enough you will see plenty of member contributions in this domain.

Salva
October 4th, 2016, 20:05
I just saw your work!!!! its great!!
If you need help for the classes parser let me know!!
Thanks!!

if you look well enough you will see plenty of member contributions in this domain

It will be usefull to have one place in which we can find all of this

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2016, 20:44
I just saw your work!!!! its great!!
If you need help for the classes parser let me know!!
Thanks!!

It will be usefull to have one place in which we can find all of this

I'm keeping an eye on the various enterprises in this area and once someone declares that they have finished I'll put it in a sticky.

Salva
October 4th, 2016, 20:54
Thanks!!!