PDA

View Full Version : Expanded effects and modifiers module

Skellan
October 4th, 2016, 16:55
Here's an effects and modifiers module that I use. It adds effects for Boost/lower fighting and vigor that also change parry and toughness. Also added modifiers for cover.

Skellan
November 19th, 2016, 12:58
Updated to include an effect for the Dodge edge that gives -1 to hit at range

Hendell
November 19th, 2016, 13:58
Thanks for this Skellan

Trenloe
November 19th, 2016, 17:58
Added to the new SW community modules thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35111-Community-Modules

Doswelk
November 20th, 2016, 17:26
Here's an effects and modifiers module that I use. It adds effects for Boost/lower fighting and vigor that also change parry and toughness. Also added modifiers for cover.

Not had a chance to test this yet, but how does the effects for boost differ than the built-in right mouse button functionality?

Skellan
November 20th, 2016, 17:39
Right clicking and boost/lowering wasn't changing the derived stats of toughness & parry. (Unless I am doing something wrong.) The effect just changes both the attribute and derived stat

Wookiee420
July 18th, 2017, 19:42
hey, i love this module and have been using it forever, however all of a sudden with the 3.3.2 test update it broke and gives me a massive repeating error list

Ruleset Error: window: Control (duration) anchoring to uncalculated control (label) in windowclass (effectsmall)
Ruleset Error: window: Control (duration) anchoring to uncalculated control (label) in windowclass (effectsmall)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (duration) in windowclass (effectsmall)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (duration) in windowclass (effectsmall)

Trenloe
July 18th, 2017, 19:48
hey, i love this module and have been using it forever, however all of a sudden with the 3.3.2 test update it broke and gives me a massive repeating error list
Your last three posts have all been about these errors. If at all possible, please keep error posts in a single place so that it makes troubleshooting more efficient and prevents multiple people looking at the same issue in isolation.

Wookiee420
July 18th, 2017, 19:51
sorry about that, i wanted to make sure that the people working on each part of it saw that there was an issue, just in case they didnt look at every thread on the forums. i will refrain from that in the future

Trenloe
July 18th, 2017, 19:55
sorry about that, i wanted to make sure that the people working on each part of it saw that there was an issue, just in case they didnt look at every thread on the forums. i will refrain from that in the future
If you have to cross post, please just provide a link to a single thread where the issue is being looked at and a brief explanation of why you're posting. This will help to keep everyone appraised of what's going on. Thanks.

Wookiee420
July 18th, 2017, 19:57
such an obvious solution, again sorry about that :)

Skellan
July 18th, 2017, 21:33
Glad you like the module - sorry you are getting these errors. I will check it out at the weekend, I want to update it anyway

Moon Wizard
July 18th, 2017, 21:41
Just fixed in the ruleset.
JPG

David32780
August 7th, 2017, 20:34
Thank you for making this mod Skellan.

I have just started tinkering around with this mod. I noticed that the + or - die works automatically.

Are the Parry and Toughness adjustments an invisible change because when I drop the effect into the CT the Derived stat does not change on the sheet.

I also do not see a +2 to the fighting roll when using the Berserk Effect. Or does that need to be added in the modifier box and the effect just a reminder for you or the player to manually add the +2 to fighting?

Thanks in advance

Hendell
August 7th, 2017, 22:39
I don't believe they will show in the sheet you will only see them in the chat.
To test it have something attack or damage and watch the chat and you will see the results in chat. Same as with the range modifiers if you have them turned on.

David32780
August 7th, 2017, 23:25
Yea, the bonuses do not show in chat either. That is why I jumped on here and asked.

goodmanje
March 3rd, 2019, 20:46
I just noticed this doesn't seem to work with SWADE.

esmdev
March 3rd, 2019, 22:11
I just noticed this doesn't seem to work with SWADE.

Yeah, things under the hood are probably really different. Hopefully it will be updated.

Doswelk
March 4th, 2019, 07:31
You should need to use this any more you can create your own effects using the 'macros'.

What effects are you missing?

Saeval
March 5th, 2019, 17:21
Not had a chance to test this yet, but how does the effects for boost differ than the built-in right mouse button functionality?

From what I can see right clicking and boosting traits works fine for PC sheets but NPC sheets don't link derived stats so maybe it's to drop onto enemies in the combat tracker?

Skellan
March 5th, 2019, 18:16
Yeah, it was originally useful for derived stats and stuff. The ruleset has come along since then so it is probably best that this module is retired. I may do a SWADE one if I find anything it needs. It looks pretty solid as it is though.

goodmanje
March 5th, 2019, 23:42
Actually the spells all have effects built in so I'm good.