PDA

View Full Version : Team Speak and OBS/Twitch

Mask_of_winter
October 4th, 2016, 16:37
So I just started streaming on Twitch using OBS and we're using TeamSpeak. When I used Hangouts or Skype people other than me talking could be heard but with Teamspeak only me (the host) can be heard.
What do I need to do to fix that? Is it in the Sources? Should it be an Audio Input Capture? Desktop Audio? I have Desktop Audio turned off because I want to be able to listen to music at the same time but don't want it to be heard on the stream since I have no rights to music.
Any help would be appreciated.

thedougalbug
October 7th, 2016, 19:35
This will all depend on what hardware you have to mix your sound - do you have a mixer or are you running your straight from an external capture card?

Either way you can set up audio input sources from the applications you have running (e.g. There should be an option to capture the audio from team speak) if not even a cheap mixer would do to carry your audio from your machine out to the mixer and then back into OBS.

Note: if your headphones are plugged directly into your machine I know this sometimes causes sound weirdness for my OBS.

Hope this helps!

Nylanfs
October 7th, 2016, 21:28
<snip>
Hope this helps!

Welcome to the forums and FG community!

thedougalbug
October 7th, 2016, 21:41
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Mask_of_winter
October 8th, 2016, 00:34
Thanks thedougalbug (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?51433-thedougalbug)!
I'm running everything straight from my wireless headset or the mic on my webcam. There was no option from the Audio Input capture to select TS, only the headset or webcam mic.

thedougalbug
October 8th, 2016, 00:36
Cool, what you'll probably want to to is either find some software that will act as a mixer or get yourself a mixer and then OBS should let you create an audio input to use ����

Mask_of_winter
October 17th, 2016, 13:32
Figured it out. Voicemeeter banana.

Talen
October 17th, 2016, 15:25
Mask, when running you sound through team speak, are you setting up a separate profile for your sound ft channel as well?

Mask_of_winter
October 17th, 2016, 15:26
No, I'm not. Should I?

Talen
October 17th, 2016, 15:37
Just curious since I've been getting intermittent problems. If your ways works clean, I may try that. The one benefit in keeping the separate profiles is that players can individually adjust the sound effect channel without losing out on your voice channel.

Mask_of_winter
October 17th, 2016, 15:41
It'll be my voice and your voices straight up. The problem before was that OBS would only recognize my voice so the stream was me talking to myself lol.