PDA

View Full Version : Whats means the "(C)" in "ATK: 1d4; SAVE: 1d4; (C)" Config effect

Salva
October 4th, 2016, 05:28
Hi, maybe this is a dumb question: i have seen this term in the effect config when i drag somes spells like bless "ATK: 1d4; SAVE: 1d4; (C)" or bane "ATK: -1d4; SAVE: -1d4; (C)" but if i erease it seems to work the same.
Is this term serves for something?
Thanks

kalmarjan
October 4th, 2016, 05:35
I'd like to know too. Is it (C)onstitution?

damned
October 4th, 2016, 05:39
Concentration....

kalmarjan
October 4th, 2016, 05:40
Ah! Awesome! Goes to show that I'd need that, because I think I'd forget otherwise :)

Salva
October 4th, 2016, 06:40
Concentration....
Thanks!
So you can put extra info on "()" just for reference.

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2016, 08:54
You don't need brackets but yes you can have extra reference information.

Trenloe
October 4th, 2016, 15:47
Within an effect you can put reference data/labels/descriptions etc. within semi-colons ; as long as the actual effect code is distinct within its own semi-colon delimited sections. For example: Big swing; ATK: -2; DMG: +4; Take that! "Big swing" and "Take that!" are just descriptive text that FG will ignore, the effects are "ATK: -2" and "DMG: +4".

Salva
October 4th, 2016, 17:23
Perfectly clear!
Thanks!!

rob2e
October 5th, 2016, 00:18
I like to use (and have my players use) as much description as possible in the combat tracker. So for example, instead of seeing CHECK: 1d4 only, as a DM, I'd like to see Guidance; CHECK: 1d4

If every player went through every speel/effect on their character sheet and made descriptive additions like that, it'd make every DM's life easier. As well as help other party members keep track of who's doing what.

A DM can dream!