PDA

View Full Version : new purchase not showing up

Jade Priest
October 3rd, 2016, 21:49
I just purchased 5th edition D&D Complete Core Class Pack went and launched FG updated my log in and did the update, opened the library and in the module list it does not show up. When I go into my settings it lists "WOTC5EPHBDELUXE" which I am assuming is the complete core class pack. What am I doing wrong?????

Zacchaeus
October 3rd, 2016, 22:10
Did you open the module? Click on the small modules button in the library and it should be there. Double click or click and drag on the book icon to open it.

If it isn't there make sure that you entered all the correct details in settings (license key forum name and password)
Also did you buy through Steam or the store and are you using a mac or PC?

Jade Priest
October 4th, 2016, 00:18
When I open modules button it does not appear in the list. I update my user name and password so it is the same in settings as it is in the store. I purchased through FG store and I run a PC. Just tried again....

JohnD
October 4th, 2016, 00:21
Did you run the update utility after putting your id and password in?

Jade Priest
October 4th, 2016, 00:31
yes I updated shut the program down updated my username/password in the settings then ran an update. When I first logged in after buying the update button was flashing, so I am sure it is there I am just missing something

LordEntrails
October 4th, 2016, 00:45
So, can you do these steps:
1) Start a 5E campaign
2) Open "Library" from the icon on the right
3) Click on "Modules" from the library list
4) 'Open' the book by dragging the book icon to the left so it looks like this;
(note, you do no t need the green check mark, that's for sharing with players)

Jade Priest
October 4th, 2016, 00:59
that icon does not show up in the list like it is not purchased. But I just looked in order history and it shows up there. I have triple checked user name and password where the same.

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2016, 01:01
Try deleting the content.dat in your FG data folder (using folder button in launcher to open), and then run your Update again.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
October 4th, 2016, 01:12
Just to make sure, you can't see DLC if you don't have an active license. What does it say in the upper right corner when you launch FG? Mine looks like this;

As long as yours doesn't say something like Demo, then you can try the next step.
If it does say demo, then go to settings and make sure your license key is entered in the top row;

If you license key is there, but running an update doesn't change you out of "Demo" mode, you will need to email [email protected] with your key and email address so they can see if you have a correct key.

If you didn't have a key, then once you enter it you will have to select OK and re-run your update.

Jade Priest
October 4th, 2016, 01:29
deleted content.dat updated it again and nothing. I have ordered before like the Storm kings thunder and it reloaded. Is the "D&D Complete Core Class Pack" the same as the PHB? Or did I order the wrong thing? In the "settings" the ID "WOTC5EPHBDELUXE" shows up.

LordEntrails
October 4th, 2016, 01:38
... Is the "D&D Complete Core Class Pack" the same as the PHB? ...
Yes. Seems like I'm out of ideas if nothing above helped. Sorry. I'm sure one of the more experienced guys will be able to give you more ideas.

Jade Priest
October 4th, 2016, 01:39
mine shows Ver 3.1.7 and yes I have the standard key in the settings tab. Like I said I purchased Storm Kings Thunder and it shows up just not this one. I will email support thanks

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2016, 01:43
Yes, the Complete Core Class Pack is the same as the PHB Deluxe, and is essentially the FG version of the whole 5E PHB.

The Customization Pack and Class Packs are subsets of the PHB.

Regards,
JPG

damned
October 4th, 2016, 02:33
Jade Priest send me a PM if its still not working after Support reply to you.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/fgcon9-sig4.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

ddavison
October 4th, 2016, 03:21
Also look in the modules folder for a matching filename or one that says DD PHB Deluxe.mod. If you see one, delete it and then relaunch FG and check your Library > Module activation window again.

Jade Priest
October 4th, 2016, 13:43
thanks everyone ddavison I deleted the mod file and yes now it is showing up in my library.

ddavison
October 4th, 2016, 14:08
We have seen this once or twice before. If there is a module with the same name in the modules folder, it will take precedence and try to load that. If there is something wrong with the file or it is empty (like is the case if you export the content from the official modules) then you end up with a blank entry and FG doesn't see the actual content to display as a result.