PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check: Savage Worlds [Weird War I/Russian Civil War]

GunnarGreybeard
October 3rd, 2016, 21:25
So, seeing the recent Savage Worlds interest for "The Magnificent Seven" and "A-Team" type games I was thinking of a one shot, using Weird War I and more based on the the movie concept of "The Dirty Dozen". The PC's would technically be on the White Russian/Allied Side so they could be from about any nation involved in that war, or even from another nation, pending a legitimate, written out backstory. Together they would be fighting against the 'Red Menace' of the Bolsheviks and their supernatural minions. Right now, it's just an idea in my head with nothing really worked out in detail yet so no immediate start date. I would also need to pick up the Weird War I supplement and get familiar with it.

It would probably be a FG Text chat only based game depending on the date/time it ends up being played but I am open to voice options under the right conditions (feel free to PM me if you really need to know).

Anyone want to recommend a fancy acronym for our intrepid band of heroes?

Any interest, question, comments?

GunnarGreybeard
October 3rd, 2016, 21:31
And Savage Worlds newbies are welcome as we will kind of be learning together as I have only played SW once, FtF, and never GM'ed the system. I anticipate the game being more on the "Get Smart" side of fun and not too serious, other than the real risk of PC death. :-)

spite
October 3rd, 2016, 22:07
Color me interested, have only had (DM'd) one game of Savage Worlds so a fresh newbie here. Depending on times and days, of course.