PDA

View Full Version : Product Reviews on Fantasy Ground Store?

kapruitt85
October 2nd, 2016, 17:28
Sorry if this question has been asked before, or if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

Is there a section of the store page or a place on the forums where one can find reviews on the various products offered on the store? I've looked all over, but haven't found anything yet.

This troubles me greatly, particularly concerning the 3rd party stuff being offered. There are certain products whose quality I do need to question - you know, the official DnD modules, etc. This question really only relates to the others.

For example, I was looking at the map packs that are offered. There are a lot of them, and some go for as much as 25 dollars US. The previews only give a small sample, and I'm going on blind faith that the rest of the maps are just as good.

This seems like an oversight. Being able to read customer reviews on some of the products listed would be a tremendous help to the wary purchaser.

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2016, 17:50
It has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the thread.

If you search for the specific product you are interested in, there might be a thread in the forums about it. I found a few;
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34075-Review-of-quot-The-Assimilation-Strain-quot-by-Legendary-Games

Talyn
October 2nd, 2016, 17:55
I agree, this is sorely needed.

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2016, 17:59
Always best to add ideas on the wishlist (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/)

Zacchaeus
October 2nd, 2016, 21:35
There's no specific section for reviews but if anyone wants to post them then feel free.

Talyn
October 2nd, 2016, 21:40
But it doesn't really matter if you review something on a random forum post because it's lost and forgotten in the shuffle after 3 days tops.

Zacchaeus
October 2nd, 2016, 21:41
But it doesn't really matter if you review something on a random forum post because it's lost and forgotten in the shuffle after 3 days tops.

If there are sufficient reviews of quality I'll sticky them

LordEntrails
October 3rd, 2016, 00:18
If there are sufficient reviews of quality I'll sticky them
Or one sticky with links to all the review posts.

Seya
October 3rd, 2016, 00:24
You can review them on steam

gqwebb
October 3rd, 2016, 02:22
You can review them on steam

Spot on, that is were I post my 2 cents.

Talyn
October 3rd, 2016, 02:23
But only if you buy on Steam...

MarianDz
October 3rd, 2016, 16:55
And what about write them as special Blog entry "Product Reviews" in Blog section?
Because nowdays FG has many products (adventures) and this way we can have Sticky first two pages :o
I know Im optimist ;)