PDA

View Full Version : Roll20 Jukebox no longer has Soundcloud access

Calisto
October 2nd, 2016, 03:49
Like a few here I use Roll20 for the jukebox functionality. Today I noticed that I could no longer play tracks that I had saved and searching their forums found that they recently lost access to the Soundcloud API. Their jukebox can still pull tracks from Tabletop Audio (and a new small source) but Soundcloud was where the real benefit to their Jukebox system came in. It's appears that Soundcloud support is unlikely to return.

I wanted to let others who may use this know as well, details here! https://blog.roll20.net/post/150968376980/in-regards-to-soundcloud

It sounds like most use teamspeak and and audio cable for music streaming but I found the audio quality pretty poor. I may revisit teamspeak but I really like streaming options, may use Tabletop's broadcast feature in the short term.

Nylanfs
October 2nd, 2016, 14:07
Yea, i had posted this in Dulux's sound extension.

Nylanfs
October 2nd, 2016, 14:15
It sounds like most use teamspeak and and audio cable for music streaming but I found the audio quality pretty poor. I may revisit teamspeak but I really like streaming options, may use Tabletop's broadcast feature in the short term.

This extension may be of use.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2016, 15:21
It sounds like most use teamspeak and and audio cable for music streaming but I found the audio quality pretty poor.
We've recently enabled the music codec on the FG community teamspeak server. You might want to see if that improves quality - select the music codec on the sub-channel you're using in Teamspeak and increase the quality to max.

Calisto
October 2nd, 2016, 17:00
We've recently enabled the music codec on the FG community teamspeak server. You might want to see if that improves quality - select the music codec on the sub-channel you're using in Teamspeak and increase the quality to max.

That is great news, I will give teamspeak a try using the extension by Dulux Oz and Syrinscape (I saw the great video on this topic earlier). Thanks guys!