PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Or Weekend Game PST US Time Any 5e Hardcover Campaign

shikage
October 1st, 2016, 05:31
FG License: Standard License
Timezone: Pacific Time US/Canada
Time: Looking for a weekly game Weeknights after 6pm Pacific or anytime Weekends.
Term: Looking to complete one of the published hardcover campaigns (Tyranny of Dragons, Elemental Evil, Rage of Demons, Curse of Strahd, Stormking's Thunder)
Voice: Text only
Experience: I have many years experience playing D&D and various RPG games. I haven't played any Fantasy Grounds games however, I have played with the program and am moderately familiar with how it works.

I've been recently running Lost Mine of Phandelver for some people at work and it has me wanting to play some more and to sit back and enjoy being the player. I have no specific character I am itching to play and it would vary somewhat depending on the campaign I might get involved in. I would just like to get involved in one of these campaigns from the start and hopefully follow through the whole story. I've been playing RPGs for over 20 years and haven't had the chance yet to try many for 5e so I am looking forward to getting to try out some interesting ones this way.

damned
October 1st, 2016, 06:01
Hi shikage do checkout the games on offer at FG Con 9. There are stacks of 5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds and other good stuff. You might be looking for something different long term but playing at FG Con lets you try other systems, try other characters, meet other players and GMs and all this can help you find new opportunities for future campaigns.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/fgcon9-sig5.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

dhaughton
October 2nd, 2016, 04:53
Hey Shikage i've been playing D&D for a couple weeks now and am still pretty new at all the mechanics but i'd be totally willing to give it a shot with you and have some fun! i could even potentially bring in one other as well if youd like

shikage
October 2nd, 2016, 05:07
Hey Shikage i've been playing D&D for a couple weeks now and am still pretty new at all the mechanics but i'd be totally willing to give it a shot with you and have some fun! i could even potentially bring in one other as well if youd like

I'd be glad to play with you and your friend. Are either of you up for GMing? I'd like to sit back and play for this one, create a character and see how their story unfolds. But I do like to think I am a good player for new GMs since I don't tend to be too caught up in rules. I may point out what I think is an error once but if the GM chooses to continue with their ruling that is their choice, the GM is the final arbiter of all rules after all. And it's far more important to enjoy the game and keep it moving than get caught up in rules.

dhaughton
October 2nd, 2016, 05:45
I'd be happy to do so what falls short is my content is physical , as well as the concern that dming you need the ultimate edition. I could do it as this is the role ive been naturally taking up so far with physical but i'm not quite sure the steps needed to take to make fg a complete expirence with the physcal books. have you maybe considered roll20

damned
October 2nd, 2016, 05:56
Hi dhaughton - you do NOT need the Ultimate to be a GM.
It just means your players also need a license - which is pretty fair to me :)

If you have 5 players that really want you to run a particular adventure and its out of your budget ask them to tip in $10 each and you will run it for them.
Many groups do this (they tend to be established groups) and even if a player has to drop after a few sessions they will still have gotten some good value from their $10.

shikage
October 2nd, 2016, 06:03
I'd be happy to do so what falls short is my content is physical , as well as the concern that dming you need the ultimate edition. I could do it as this is the role ive been naturally taking up so far with physical but i'm not quite sure the steps needed to take to make fg a complete expirence with the physcal books. have you maybe considered roll20

I have considered roll20 but I spent money on FG so felt this would be a good way to make some use of it. As Damned has mentioned, as long as all players have the standard license then you are fine for running. The ultimate license allows people using the Demo version for free to join your game. As for the content, well, I am fine with tipping in about $10 for the books if that is needed. It is also possible to manually enter the data from the physical copy (I've done this before, it is time consuming but totally doable). Purchasing the digital copy is just a MUCH faster way to get up and running.

damned
October 2nd, 2016, 06:11
Try a $5 or $10 module first and make sure you are all a good fit for each other. then you will know if you want to go down that route.
it does make it much easier for the GM to have the prep'd adventures. they still have tod o a chunk of work - but not as much.

shikage
October 2nd, 2016, 06:47
Certainly one good option is playing Lost Mines of Phandlever and then moving into Storm King's Thunder at chapter 2. Though, this is what I plan to do for my game with co-workers and we are about midway into Chapter 2 of Lost Mines. It is a really fun adventure but it does mean I am pretty familiar with the adventure details already. I like to think I am pretty good at separating what I know and what my character knows but it's best I make it known up front that I do have inside knowledge of the Lost Mines of Phandelver adventure.

GunnarGreybeard
October 2nd, 2016, 08:06
If you have a licensed copy of FG you should have access to the 5e SRD modules. They do not include any dungeon/adventures but do include the base classes and monsters. With that information, and by pilfering an open sourced map or 2 from the internet you can pretty quickly throw together a small dungeon for your players to muck about in.

shikage
October 3rd, 2016, 14:40

If you are still interested, let me know and we can work out a day, time and such to get started. :)

ShinEnma
October 4th, 2016, 00:07
If your still looking im interested to join, i have all the modules, located in texas central time, will join any of the game covered editions. I have played pen and paper for about 3 months. Thx.

shikage
October 4th, 2016, 00:49
If your still looking im interested to join, i have all the modules, located in texas central time, will join any of the game covered editions. I have played pen and paper for about 3 months. Thx.

I am still interesed in a game. dhaughton had offered to GM a game but no details have been worked out yet. Are you saying you would like to GM a game or play in one?

Rictor
October 4th, 2016, 15:19
If you have space for a player I'd be interested in a 6-10pm PST weeknight (Sunday-Thursday) game. I am 34 with two small kids so my weekends are generally booked and starting before 9pm Est is tough to do without incuring the wrath of my wife.

Gameplay wise, I have been playing D&D since the late 80's and am happy to fill any role, though I would really like to build a rogue/wizard type.

shikage
October 4th, 2016, 16:16
If you have space for a player I'd be interested in a 6-10pm PST weeknight (Sunday-Thursday) game. I am 34 with two small kids so my weekends are generally booked and starting before 9pm Est is tough to do without incuring the wrath of my wife.

Gameplay wise, I have been playing D&D since the late 80's and am happy to fill any role, though I would really like to build a rogue/wizard type.

Hi Rictor. Since I wont be the DM for this I can't directly say yes or no to other players. That'd be kind of rude of me. So far nothing has been decided and no specific plans made so there is a chance. I personally feel a group with 4-5 players is ideal. Much more than that and things start to slow down, much less and the fights often need to be reworked and rebalanced.

Rictor
October 4th, 2016, 16:31
No worries at all, just thought I'd express my interest in hopes that you'd keep me in mind if you do end up having room.

shikage
October 4th, 2016, 16:53
I will certainly point out your interest to anyone who might offer to GM.

Rictor
October 4th, 2016, 16:54
Much appreciated.

ShinEnma
October 4th, 2016, 20:45
i am looking to join as a player if you are still looking

GunnarGreybeard
October 4th, 2016, 21:29
Are you guys still looking for a DM? I don't have any of the official D&D module stuff as far as adventures. I could probably throw together something homebrew if there was enough interest? Not sure it could be weekly sessions, as I have 2 Wednesday games going atm. Bi-weekly if it was to become regular?