PDA

View Full Version : New to fg and looking for a one-shot to learn more? Tomorrow night, Sat. Oct 1st

Gwydion
September 30th, 2016, 16:54
Hey, everyone. I posted a quick one-shot for tomorrow night (I know, short notice) starting at 6:00 pm MDT (Mountain time, Denver). I couldn't get my regular group together so I thought I'd see if anyone new to fg and 5e wanted some help, I would run everyone through a brief one-shot to get you all used to targeting, how to move your tokens, open maps, etc.. All the basics. If I get at least 3 players, I'll run it. More info at the link below:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34275-LFG-New-5e-players-Saturday-night-(tomorrow)-10-1-6-00-pm-MDT-(Mountain-Daylight)

If you're interested, please PM me and I'll let you know if we have enough and/or if we are full. Happy Friday everyone!

Reaper88
September 30th, 2016, 19:37
I am up for it, PST. I am new to both FG and also 5e. I did learn a little of FG character creation, but that's it.

Gwydion
October 2nd, 2016, 15:01
Thanks to everyone who played with me last night. I had a blast and the AAW Hobgoblin Lair was a perfect adventure for a one-shot mini-dungeon for a new group. It was a great group and they learned how to get around FG very quickly. Nice job, guys! We even streamed on twitch to a few viewers thanks to Rob2e hosting my first broadcast. Thanks, Rob! All the guys were so helpful in chat as I took our group through the dungeon.

I will definitely do this again with new players as the group seemed to really enjoy it. Trying to upload the file now to youtube so hopefully others can learn a bit as well.

damned
October 2nd, 2016, 16:22
Nice job Gwydion!

Gwydion
October 2nd, 2016, 16:25
Thanks, damned! Given how great everyone here has been to me I feel obligated to try and get the word out on how awesome fantasygrounds is to whomever I can. If I can help new players get over the initial fear of jumping into something new, even to a small degree, I want to do it.