PDA

View Full Version : LFG - New 5e players Saturday night (tomorrow) 10-1 - 6:00 pm MDT (Mountain Daylight)

Gwydion
September 30th, 2016, 16:38
Ok, so I've been wanting to do this for a while and my schedule just freed up for tomorrow night. I know its short notice, but I thought I'd see if I can get enough interest. I wanted to get a group of 4-5 new (or relatively new) fantasygrounds 5e players. I will run you guys through Hobgoblin Lair, which is a small, AAW one-shot mini-dungeon. This is more of a teach-in to get you guys familiar with fg versus a full-blown one-shot. I'm still pretty new as a DM, but I have a regular group I've been running the last few months and am pretty darn familiar with fg.

The module has 2-3 encounters built in and if for some reason we plow through it, I've purchased a couple other one-shots from AAW that we could dive into as well. Again, this is more about getting you guys up to speed on movement, how to target, use your character sheets, etc. versus the story, background, etc..

Please pm me if you'r interested. If we get enough interest, I will email/pm everyone with my server info and perhaps open my server tonight/tomorrow so that you guys can play around with creating a character (I can leave instructions as well) so when we jump on tomorrow night, I can just review the characters and help finalize them before we jump in.

All the detail is below. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

UPDATE - All full! Thanks, everyone! Looking forward to it. If this goes well I'll plan on doing it again for new players when I have a chance.

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can play even with the demo)
Game System: D&D 5e

Day of week and time: Saturday, October 1st (6:00 PM MDT - 10:00 PM MDT)
Duration: Single session (4 hours long, possibly a bit more if everyone is up for it)

Text or Voice: Mostly voice
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Number of Players: 4-5
Character restrictions: All classes and races from PHB.

Roleplay & Combat mix: I'd say 40/60

Calendar Link: n/a

Story: You have tracked a small group of goblinoid raiders that have been terrorizing the local region to the inside of an ancient complex.

Zerbious
September 30th, 2016, 18:41
I just bought FG last week, so I am interested, but need to verify I can make it. We're hosting a party/sleepover at our house for ten (not counting our two) girls tomorrow evening. Since it's a one-shot and shouldn't take too long, I don't see it being an issue. to save some time, want me to start my character creation tonight?

Gwydion
September 30th, 2016, 20:24
Sounds good. May take me a while but I will open the server tonight. I'll pm you with the info a bit later. Good luck with the sleepover!

Tabarkus
October 1st, 2016, 20:30
I'd be happy to play Gwydion, but I'm not new to FG.

Gwydion
October 1st, 2016, 20:45
I'd be happy to play Gwydion, but I'm not new to FG.

Good to hear from you Tabarkus! I'm still working on a day, hopefully this coming week where we can wrap up our Dark Days in Stoneholme jaunt! I've got a full game tonight with new players but will reach out to you next time as you can definitely help me. My goal with tonight's session is to help everyone learn about fg, combat, tips and tricks. If it goes well I'll definitely do it again and could probably use help with someone else who is familiar with fg. I might broadcast tonight on twitch but it will be a test run if I do! Never done it before.

Zerbious
October 2nd, 2016, 05:18
Lots of fun! Thanks for the game and the FG walkthru.