PDA

View Full Version : New way of displaying features [I'm spoiling my PC's thoroughly! :D]

kp9911
September 29th, 2016, 19:10
Just thought I would share this with you guys in case any of you had similar inspiration or are wanting something new should you be using par5e

Ever since I reparsed some of the classes we play with, I am seeing an increase in excitement from my players :P. Also since this is incremental in terms of features, they now dont miss anything (It was getting annoying how mid battle someone would yell "OMG I forgot to increase my stats damn").

Safe to say I have spoiled them thoroughly lol.

In case it looks cluttered, my players have the option of deleting the older entries that have levels since most of them are cumulative in descriptions.

Zacchaeus
September 29th, 2016, 19:17
Nice work

jshauber
September 29th, 2016, 21:31
DAMN YOU!!!

You realize players are going to see that and expect that from their GM as well. You have ruined life for other GMs...

Nicely done!

spite
September 29th, 2016, 21:34
That's nice. But also.... hells to the naw I cannae go back and change all mine hahaha

TMO
September 30th, 2016, 05:16
That is nice and I'll steal...er, borrow...that idea if you don't mind! I've been figuring out ways to spoil my players as well. But I don't think of it as spoiling as much as I'm improving the quality of life in virtual table top playing. As good as FG is, there are inherent limitations and issues that challenge players from an immersive experience and information/continuity retention. So, some of the things I'm doing are:

Create a story tab dedicated to containing shared documents suitable for players.
These documents are organized by location (e.g., city, landmark, or building) with cross-links to things like maps and images.
I then create shortcuts on the player's primary adventure map that opens up these documents.
I also have adventure summaries in chronological order so players can easily review what they've gone through and learned.

kp9911
September 30th, 2016, 05:31
You're on another level entirely! :O