PDA

View Full Version : image and maps with wine skin on mac

Wingman
September 28th, 2016, 21:51
so i have just started the free trial of the unlimited subscription but it wont let me drag and drop images and i cant find the data file to do a direct transfer.

Moon Wizard
September 28th, 2016, 21:53
The Mac version is not able to support dragging and dropping of image files, due to the limitations of the Wine emulation.

If you click the Folder button in the Images campaign list, you can drag and drop image files into that folder; and then return to FG to use the files.

Regards,
JPG

Wingman
September 29th, 2016, 01:28
when i click the folder button in the images and maps list, i cant find an images campaign list, it opens a wine finder window that wont let me drag any files to or from it.

LordEntrails
September 29th, 2016, 03:22
wont let me drag any files to or from it.
Wine does not support drag and drop, you have to cut and paste. At least I think....

damned
September 29th, 2016, 13:47
There is a way to:
Tell Wine to use Finder
and another way to:
Open up the WineSkin in Finder and navigate to and create a shortcut to the images folder

I cant remember the details off the top of my head...

Wingman
September 30th, 2016, 00:35
thanks found it

damned
September 30th, 2016, 00:48
Hey Wingman would you mind posting your solution for the next person?
Thanks - and well done :)

Wingman
September 30th, 2016, 08:06
here it is enjoy! hopefully it saves some time for people

open finder go to your computer (Wingman's computer)
-> select applications folder (this is not that same folder that has all your application. this only has a few that you have downloaded)
-> then select wineskin
-> then you need to show contents on you FG wineskin
-> Resources
-> drive_c
-> Users
-> Wineskin
-> Application data
-> Fantasy Grounds
-> Campaigns
-> Name of Campaign (this is the name you have given your camaign. the images are not shared between campaigns)
-> Images
-> copy or save images you want to use for maps here.

then you right click the folder you wish to have easy access (i choose the campaign folder so it was easy to get maps to all my campaigns)
- select Make Alias
- drag Alias folder to the desk top
- now when you click the alias folder it opens the original and you can then place any maps into this folder and then you will have access to then in your Images and maps button.

you may need to shut the images window or reload the campaign to make the new images appear in the images window