PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Crashing

mobiggsly
September 28th, 2016, 19:38
Hello,
Please help! I'm a DM running a 5th edition campaign and every time, after my 4 players connect, my game crashes. It happens usually about 10 minutes into the session, sometimes less. I get a warning that says fantasy grounds is shutting down and info is being collected and sent to Windows.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mo

Ingalf
September 28th, 2016, 19:56
We're actually having the same issues right now... GM, 3 players, playing PFRPG

After reading thread #34045, our GM uninstalled AMD Raptr, still crashing. He also has no AntiVirus (other than windows internal) running.

What may also be worth noting is that this morning he installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

LordEntrails
September 28th, 2016, 21:03
First thing is to watch the Task Manager. How large does the FantasyGrounds process get? Does the crash happen at approximately the same size? What size?

Also, how many modules does the GM have loaded? How many is s/he sharing? How many tokens does the GM have?

mobiggsly
September 28th, 2016, 21:25
First thing is to watch the Task Manager. How large does the FantasyGrounds process get? Does the crash happen at approximately the same size? What size?

Also, how many modules does the GM have loaded? How many is s/he sharing? How many tokens does the GM have?

I will see how large it gets tonight when I get home from work.
As far as modules, I have Princes of the Apocalypse, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster's Manual and the The Player's Handbook. No extra tokens or anything downloaded. I have them all open, but I am only sharing the player content from Princes and the Player's Handbook.
Thanks,
Mo

Moon Wizard
September 28th, 2016, 21:56
Yes, make sure that you have the red X on GM material (i.e. DMG, MM and PotA). You can always share specific records during the game.

A couple questions:
* How large is the tokens/shared subfolder under the FG data folder on the GM machine? (Accessed via folder button in launcher)
* How large is the campaign images subfolder in the FG data folder?

Thanks,
JPG

mobiggsly
September 29th, 2016, 05:00
Yes, make sure that you have the red X on GM material (i.e. DMG, MM and PotA). You can always share specific records during the game.

A couple questions:
* How large is the tokens/shared subfolder under the FG data folder on the GM machine? (Accessed via folder button in launcher)
* How large is the campaign images subfolder in the FG data folder?

Thanks,
JPG

Ok! Looks like it worked! Raptr was hiding out on my machine. It's gone and so are my connectivity issues.
Thanks for the help. I also removed the PlaysTv app. Very good support!
Mo