PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1 player to join Curse of Strahd campaign. (5e)

Koral
September 27th, 2016, 22:00
FG License: GM has Full so you need to have a license to play.
Time: Start 1pm (1300) EST to 5pm (1700) EST sometimes we run a bit long but not by much.
Day: Sunday
Schedule: Weekly
Edition: 5e
VOIP: Skype but we could use Discord if needed.
The new character will start at lvl 5 (same as the group) and will have 1 magic item. Stats are standard array. Race is any from the PHB.

***If you are a strong roll player and would like to play a character with strong ties to the game let me know.***

New players are welcome to apply and vets as well. Rules lawyers can respectfully move along.
Fellow DM's looking to play for a change are more then welcome to join us.

We are a group of 4 looking for 1 new player to join us for a play through of the Curse of Strahd campaign.
We have been playing for about 3 months as a group. 3 of us are new to D&D and the other 2 (1 player and DM) are new to 5e. We have 2 brothers playing a brothers grim style Cleric and Pally. A Mage that doesn’t like crows and gets the gang in trouble from time to time and a Rogue that sounds like batman.

Reason we want a 5th player mid game: We feel that the game would be a bit more fun if we had an odd number of players. We have not made it past the halfway point yet and have a lot still to do.

What type of player we are looking for: We are willing to take any class but would like something that can complement what we have already. We are a 60% Role playing 40% combat group. This party is good/neutral aligned and the DM will make the final call if you want to play something other than this.

Story into:

Under raging storm clouds, a lone figure stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. The vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stares down a sheer cliff at the village below. A cold, bitter wind spins dead leaves about him, billowing his cape in the darkness.

Lightning splits the clouds overhead, casting stark white light across him. Strahd turns to the sky, revealing the angular muscles of his face and hands. He has a look of power—and of madness. His once handsome face is contorted by a tragedy darker than the night itself.

Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The winds howling increases as Strahd turns his gaze back to the village. Far below, yet not beyond his ken, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd’s face forms a twisted smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they have come all according to his plan. He, the master of Ravenloft, will attend to them.

Another lightning flash rips through the darkness, its thunder echoing through the castle is towers. But Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind—or perhaps a lone wolf—fills the midnight air. The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.

StintedVisions
September 27th, 2016, 22:21
I'm interested, unfortunately I'm only able to play every other weekend after 2:30 est, this weekend is my work weekend. I'm very much looking forward to playing a game but my work schedule makes ot hard to find a game even though I'm watching these boards like a hawk.

My shift doesnt start until three so i could at least get a couple hours in this sunday if that would be alright?

Koral
September 27th, 2016, 22:52
Sorry mate, we need someone that can make the dates and times. It would be ok if you missed a game from time to time but every other Sunday would not work for us.

Good luck in finding a game.

StintedVisions
September 27th, 2016, 22:57
Lame. Ah well, good luck finding another player.

John Hansen
September 28th, 2016, 04:32
I would love to join your game. I can make those times with ease 90% of the sunday's. I would love to run a wood elf circle of the moon druid. experienced 5e player (only version I've ever played). May I join?

Koral
September 28th, 2016, 11:16
Luke, do you have time this week to talk on Skype or Discord with the rest of the group?
We want to find the right fit so we are going to talk to each person that applies for the spot first.

Koral
September 28th, 2016, 11:19
I have a real good idea, if someone wants to play a bard or bard/fighter. I cant say more then that here due to the group checking this post and i don't want to give any thing away, so PM me for more info.

John Hansen
September 28th, 2016, 21:10
I'm basically free anytime this week except for Saturday. I would love to meet the group. What time were you thinking?

Carog the Fat
September 28th, 2016, 22:17
I have a real good idea, if someone wants to play a bard or bard/fighter. I cant say more then that here due to the group checking this post and i don't want to give any thing away, so PM me for more info. sent you a PM

Koral
September 28th, 2016, 22:34
sent you a reply

Carog the Fat
September 28th, 2016, 22:50
I have a real good idea, if someone wants to play a bard or bard/fighter. I cant say more then that here due to the group checking this post and i don't want to give any thing away, so PM me for more info. sent you a PM

Koral
October 4th, 2016, 12:20
Group is full. I sent back PM's to everyone and did not hear back from most.