PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spell slots 5E

Octavious
September 24th, 2016, 21:45
Hi is there anything in FG to keep track of expended spell slots for NPC's ? other than using pen and paper to tick them off or perhaps an extension is available (rule set 5e)

Zacchaeus
September 24th, 2016, 22:12
No, there isn't a way to keep track of expended spell slots on NPCs. Generally an NPC is unlikely to last a sufficient number of rounds to expend all of its spell slots so it's not really a problem.

Octavious
September 25th, 2016, 04:03
ok that makes sense thanks for the info .

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2016, 04:10
Well, it is a *little* bit of a problem. Sometimes my NPC casters drop 3 fireballs on the party when they are only supposed to have two. But, since they players don't know that, I guess it's not *really* a problem *G*

gm_chris
September 25th, 2016, 12:46
In my games, I consider it an added benefit to use when players are "following along at home".

jshauber
September 25th, 2016, 14:13
Well, it is a *little* bit of a problem. Sometimes my NPC casters drop 3 fireballs on the party when they are only supposed to have two. But, since they players don't know that, I guess it's not *really* a problem *G*

Never seen it as problem, before. Won't see it as a problem in the future!!

lostsanityreturned
September 27th, 2016, 10:43
Hi is there anything in FG to keep track of expended spell slots for NPC's ? other than using pen and paper to tick them off or perhaps an extension is available (rule set 5e)

Do what I do for NPC inventory tracking. Create a NPC called "tracking" Then create powers and assign them to each tracked resource, tracking the number of usages with preparations.

With NPC inventory tracking I assign items to each NPC via the container naming system and you can do the same with powers using the power group naming system.

In general I find it easy to keep track of these things in my head, it took a bit of training but I was able to get to the point where I could remember hp values, spell usage, ammo usage and conditions quite comfortably across all enemies and players.

Zacchaeus
September 27th, 2016, 12:20
Since you can't assign an inventory or powers to NPCs I assume you mean that you create a PC character sheet and track everything on that?