PDA

View Full Version : How would a Thundering weapon be created?

Ratupper
September 24th, 2016, 19:11
I can't seem to find a way to add the extra 1d8 on a critical.

Blahness98
September 25th, 2016, 02:38
You'd have to manually make an effect for use when you crit. Just make a one roll effect of Thundering; 1d8 sonic, spell. That way it will bypass Dr and be sonic damage in case the baddy resists it. Then add a cast option with a DC 14 fort save attached to it and another effect for deafened.

Blahness98
September 25th, 2016, 03:05
See attached..

Ratupper
September 25th, 2016, 04:01
Not sure how you get an effect to roll damage? DMG: 3d8 ??? I can't get this to work. I already had the cast and deafened effect but I had a damage action not another effect.

darrenan
September 25th, 2016, 04:33
You apply the effect to yourself prior to rolling the weapon's damage, and it should be added to the total.

Blahness98
September 26th, 2016, 01:03
As darrenan said, just click the effect and then roll the damage and it will add the damage to the roll. The second picture has me applying the effect before rolling the damage. It is a single roll effect, so it will expire automatically.

Trenloe
September 26th, 2016, 04:01
Not sure how you get an effect to roll damage?
They key thing to remember about effects is that they adjust an action (attack, damage, save, etc.), they don't trigger one (there are a couple of exceptions: regeneration and fast-heal). So a damage effect will only be applied when a base damage action is rolled.

Ratupper
September 26th, 2016, 20:37
Thanks everybody very well explained and you've given me another tool for the FG tool box...perhaps one day I shall be as wise as all of you (not likely). Thanks again :)